New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

Damn, it would a dream come true to bring Manny home. I wouldnt surprise me for him to hit like 45 HRs and 130+ RBIs.

ON TOP OF IT, HE'S CLUTCH IN THE POSTSEASON.

It would make me sick if he's going to the Yanks. I coudln't watch, it would be soo bad. Him coming to fenway, getting boo'd. Getting intentionalwalked or hitting 2 HR's, him with a little smirk on his face...

Uhhhhhh, and he's still one of my faves.

-Who has ESPN insider?... this is the latest rumor

Yankees front office split over Ramirez
Manny Ramirez | Dodgers | Interested: Insider Only

I'm pretty sure it's just gonna say that Cashman doesn't like the idea of Manny, although Hal and Hank do.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

^^^they just reported on espn that the yankes are "going hard" for manny...

that they are willing to go 3 years and pay him between 22-25 million a year

Do you guys think that the Red Sox being one of the teams close to signing Teixeira has something to do with this, or do you think the Yankees might havefinally realized they need another hitter in the lineup to protect Arod?

^^^both....

it would also add more juice to the rivalry...

plus, beckett vs sabathia on a firday night game, pretty damn good

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

^^^they just reported on espn that the yankes are "going hard" for manny...

that they are willing to go 3 years and pay him between 22-25 million a year

Do you guys think that the Red Sox being one of the teams close to signing Teixeira has something to do with this, or do you think the Yankees might have finally realized they need another hitter in the lineup to protect Arod?

Pretty much both.

I thought it was pretty funny this morning Peter Gammons saying that the Yankees snuck themselves into the Tex talks just to try and make the Sox up the moneytotal.

[h1]Yankees Going Hard After Manny?[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [December 17 at 8:27am CST]

MarkFeinsand of the New York Daily News talked to one baseball official (presumably not with the Yankees) who believes the Yankees are "going hard"after Manny Ramirez. That official sees the Yanks willing to offer three years, while other execs see them stopping at two years, $50MM. Another source told Feinsand that Brian Cashman isn't keen on Manny but Hank and Hal Steinbrenner are. Feinsand wonders whether the team's interest inRamirez is one reason they've put the Mike Cameron trade on hold.

You'll find a differing point of view from JoelSherman and Ken Davidoff, who do not see the Yankeessigning Manny. By the way, Jon Heyman talked to a friend of Manny's who dismissedthe idea of retirement.

^^^who cares what cashman thinks, hes done quite a few bad signings, lets go for it steinbreners

angels are sticking their dirty wings into the manny talks. scosia ( sp ) supposedly had a talk with terry francona about manny and now they want . i remembermanny's first game at yankee stadium, he hit a hr off melido perez , i wanted him here ever since. if this dude becomes a yankee it does 2 things :

1. piss off the sox and make them nervous

2. makes the yanks the team to beat again

2a - puts the rays back in third place ......

Originally Posted by onewearz

angels are sticking their dirty wings into the manny talks. scosia ( sp ) supposedly had a talk with terry francona about manny and now they want . i remember manny's first game at yankee stadium, he hit a hr off melido perez , i wanted him here ever since. if this dude becomes a yankee it does 2 things :

FTW, dude!

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

angels are sticking their dirty wings into the manny talks. scosia ( sp ) supposedly had a talk with terry francona about manny and now they want . i remember manny's first game at yankee stadium, he hit a hr off melido perez , i wanted him here ever since. if this dude becomes a yankee it does 2 things :

FTW, dude!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Screw the Rays!!!

Seriously though, lets take a look at a potential line-up.....

Damon - CF
Jeter - SS
A-Rod - 3B
Manny - DH/LF
Matsui - LF/DH
Nady - RF
Posada - C
Cano - 2B
Swisher - 1B

sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

FTW, dude!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Screw the Rays!!!

Damon - CF
Jeter - SS
A-Rod - 3B
Manny - DH/LF
Matsui - LF/DH
Nady - RF
Posada - C
Cano - 2B
Swisher - 1B

sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

tbone, i think they would put manny in front of a rod....

seeing that mannys on base pct. is better

Originally Posted by jrp44

FTW, dude!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Screw the Rays!!!

Damon - CF
Jeter - SS
A-Rod - 3B
Manny - DH/LF
Matsui - LF/DH
Nady - RF
Posada - C
Cano - 2B
Swisher - 1B

sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

If Swisher puts up those 2006 #'s...........
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

tbone, i think they would put manny in front of a rod....

seeing that mannys on base pct. is better
Naw. I'd bat A-Rod 3rd.... just like Papi batted 3rd
Plus A-Rod's been a natural hitter his whole career.... he just happen to hit for power.
I remember when he used to bat 2nd
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Word I remember when he used to hit 2nd too.

And can you imagine how much fastballs and great pitches A.Rod is going to get just so that they don't walk him & put Manny at the plate.
The way teams are going to see it is either:

1. Let Alex beat us.
2. Pitch around Alex & take chances with Manny (Suicide)

Either way its a lose / lose.

Manny will hit in front of A-Rod to provide him protection. Two of the top 4 greatest hitters of our era hitting back to back would be sick. Not to mention CC,AJ, Wang, Lowe(hopefully), Joba(should be in the pen)

FTW, dude!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Screw the Rays!!!

Damon - CF
Jeter - SS
A-Rod - 3B
Manny - DH/LF
Matsui - LF/DH
Nady - RF
Posada - C
Cano - 2B
Swisher - 1B

sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nah. Manny would bat in front of Alex. Much like he did w/ Ortiz.

I don't think we should go anywhere NEAR this guy. We should bring bobby back on the cheap (if possible), have him DH, and rotate 55, Gardner, and Johnnyin CF/ LF.

No need to spend that type of money on a guy that has proven to be a head-case, take games off, and disrupt clubhouses. No thanks.

^

True Manny does have his quirks about him,

but some of that stuff he was doing in Boston was just to piss the Red Sox off on purpose IMO

Can't believe some of you dudes want Manny on the team talk about signing a deal with the devil.
laugh.gif
Manny going to the Yanks is 10000x worse tan the Metsgoing after someone like Chipper.
laugh.gif

Only way I see Manny in pinstripes is if Boston lands Teix, otherwise Manny will have to keep waiting.

Damon - CF
Jeter - SS
A-Rod - 3B
Manny - DH/LF
Matsui - LF/DH
Nady - RF
Posada - C
Cano - 2B
Swisher - 1B

Seriously though, that same lineup (without Manny) was pretty bad last season.....they need someone like him.

CC at New Yankee Stadium
pimp.gif

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2008/12/17/is-there-a-big-man-in-the-house/ http://yankees.lhblogs.co...e-a-big-man-in-the-house/[h2]
[/h2]
[h2]Is there a big man in the house?[/h2] December 17

The Yankees sent these photos out this evening. They show a happy (and trim) CC Sabathia getting his first look at Yankee Stadium.

Meanwhile Brian Cashman has yet to actually acknowledge the Yankees signed Sabathia. But I think this pretty much confirms it, don't you?

Back
Top Bottom