Newer West-Coast Hip Hop artists

I've only heard of a few of the guys and groups coming out from the West recently, Game obviously, Pac Div, Nipsey Hussle, not much else. Does anyone have some songs they would recommend from the newer West Coast groups/rappers?

Fashawn has to be my favorite out the West right now, but I'm loving everything from this "new west" movement.

definitely look into Fashaw, Blu, Dom, Pac Div all that good %%%%. i know a lot of NT generally feels like authentic hood %%%% is tired in 2010 but let's not forget that in the vein of artrist like Nipsey Hussle and Jay Rock, the bay has been cranking out good music for years, way before the emergence of this "New West." Here's some recent stuff.

Davinci is a new cat out of SF, he just dropped a free album a month ago that was phenomenal

DaVinci - "What You Finna Do" (Music Video) from Sweetbreads Creative Collective on Vimeo.

DaVinci - "Ben" (Music Video) from Sweetbreads Creative Collective on Vimeo.
Don't forget about Livewire Da Gang out of Oakland, Shady Nate and J Stalin was on fire in 09

but really Pac Div, Dom is puttin in down, Ham's right too Livewire is good if youre into that type of thing.

Kendrick Lamar, Casey Veggies, Jamaal, Dom Kennedy, Jay Rock, Nipsey, Pac div, I could go on, the west has a lot of talent.

Back
Top Bottom