News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

They all do or at least claim to; you can't be too attached to one version of a character if you have to act anyway - you have to make it your own. Besides no amount of research is going to help if the performance is bad.

Last edited:
Im not saying for them to act just like the characters or take stories straight from the source but be true to the material and if they really claim to do this we wouldnt have X3, Spider-Man 3, FF 1 & 2, Daredevil, X-Men Origins, Ghost Rider 1 (havent seen 2 but didnt hear anything good about it), Elektra, Catwoman, and Steel :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Daredevil, Steel and Ghost Rider starred Ben Affleck, Shaq and Nick Cage; three lifelong comic fans who would've been familiar with the characters they were portraying. Spider-Man 3 was the exact same team as the first two. Catwoman came about because there 11 (ELEVEN!) different script passes done by people who were still trying to work around Michelle Pfieffer's iteration a decade after she dropped out of the project and that Batman franchise died.

A lifetime of things happen from script to stage and it doesn't matter what kind of research an actor does if the movie isn't good. They all say it because people think someone grabbing a few trades and omnibi mean "they really care about the characters". Which is bull; they're doing it because they need to not show up ignorant.

i have to say that ghostrider sequel was the worst comic book movie i have ever watched. maybe even worse than steel.

anybody gonna see Dredd this week?

I might see Dredd since that slow motion trailer came out. The violence looks pretty awesome.

I'll probably wait a few weeks to watch the new Resident Evil. I've watched all of them so might as well watch this one.

Kevin Feige on Thanos in Upcoming Marvel Studios Movies

MTV got a chance to talk to Marvel Studios producer Kevin Feige and asked about Thanos. Fiege reitterated that they definitely have a plan in place for the Mad Titan.

"Clearly, there's a purpose to us putting him in the end of that movie. We do have plans for him," said Feige. "I wouldn't say we ever feel the need to rush anything one way or the other. We succeeded in Phase One because we stuck to our guns and stuck to the plan. That plan took place over many, many years and it ultimately paid off. I see Phase Two unfolding in the same way of us taking our time, us doing what's right for each individual movie, while folding in elements that will not only build up to the culmination of Phase Two, but even Phase Three."

Feige wouldn't spill the beans, however, on whether Thanos will appear in both The Avengers 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy, though many speculate that is the case.

He was also asked whether Damion Poitier would remain with Marvel Studios for all of Thanos' future appearances, to which he responded: "I think we feel pretty free to recast. That was cast for literally that one shot. Depending on what the role requires from future movies, we'll go from there."

But the part about Thanos that Feige really loved is how he quickly became a household name. "Suddenly, you have a million people who had never heard of an Infinity Gauntlet or a Mad Titan learning those terms. I love that. I love when the experience goes beyond the movie theater and encourages people to look deeper into our universe."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=95035

Doesn't really confirm Thanos as the main villain, he might just make a small cameo once again. Guess we'll have to wait a couple of YEARS to find out.

actually it does, plus all signs point to him atleast being the main villain in avengers 2, why even have the gauntlet in every phase 2 movie then??? all signs point in this direction my friend.

actually it does, plus all signs point to him atleast being the main villain in avengers 2, why even have the gauntlet in every phase 2 movie then??? all signs point in this direction my friend.

No it doesn't. Thanos doesn't have to be the main villain, he can still be saved for the 3rd film. The articles are still pretty vague, it just says Thanos will be in the film but it never said on how big of a capacity. I could be wrong and Thanos could still be the main villain but I am not really going to get my hopes up from a very vague article that only confirms very little about Thanos' status in the film.

It's long since been rumored and even hinted upon my Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige that Thanos would be appearing in the 2014 Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Feige has all but said Thanos is in the movie.

Now we learn that not only will the Mad Titan Thanos be featured in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie — but The Avengers 2 as well.

We previously reported that Thanos creator Jim Starlin was in talks with Marvel about "something," with it theorized that it was over the rights to Thanos.

Now, a Cosmic Book News regular, Armand Rock, has confirmed through Jim Starlin that Thanos will be in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie and The Avengers 2.

Armand Rock attended the recent Montreal Comic-Con and spoke with Jim Starlin who said that the deal is already in place. Jim Starlin even mentioned that Thanos will appear in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie in 2014 and The Avengers 2 in 2015.

From reading that, it could still be just a cameo.

Last edited:
First Look at Hugh Jackman in The Wolverine - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-27G

Synopsis:

“Based on the celebrated comic book arc, THE WOLVERINE finds Logan, the eternal warrior and outsider, in Japan. There, samurai steel will clash with adamantium claw as Logan confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed.”

Damn!
23m92e0.jpg

It's a lock Thanos will be appearing in the GOTG movie and Avengers 2, it's just to what degree. I doubt he'll be the main villain Avengers and he might be in GOTG but more as the orchestrator of w/e villains they face, so big bad behind the scenes but much more direct.

Anyway,

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/24/what-would-be-your-reaction-to-frank-millers-justice-league/

:rofl: :pimp: I'll totally watch a Frank Miller Justice League movie for so many reasons. I expect WW to get raped, Batmanto be killing with guns and just an overall grim tone and atmosphere for the theme of the movie. J'onnz will probably be a white martian :lol: or they'll make Cyborg Robocop. It'll basically be anti-Avengers in look and feel. Hope this happens just to see the messages Miller slips in there. Might as well call the movie Justice Lords.

It's a lock Thanos will be appearing in the GOTG movie and Avengers 2, it's just to what degree. I doubt he'll be the main villain Avengers and he might be in GOTG but more as the orchestrator of w/e villains they face, so big bad behind the scenes but much more direct.

Anyway,

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/24/what-would-be-your-reaction-to-frank-millers-justice-league/

:rofl: :pimp: I'll totally watch a Frank Miller Justice League movie for so many reasons. I expect WW to get raped, Batmanto be killing with guns and just an overall grim tone and atmosphere for the theme of the movie. J'onnz will probably be a white martian :lol: or they'll make Cyborg Robocop. It'll basically be anti-Avengers in look and feel. Hope this happens just to see the messages Miller slips in there. Might as well call the movie Justice Lords.
Why do people keep forgetting that the red skull didnt die and that he just got transported by the cube i wouldnt rule him out as being in the avengers sequel

Anyway,

Shocking just to be shocking. eh.

Anyway,

Shocking just to be shocking. eh.
Not even. Frank Miller has this extreme anti-modern day society chip on his shoulder where he usually always tries to portray that message in his works. He sees humanity usually at its worst, most vile and evil. Everyone is corrupt. It's why things are usually so grim in his comics.

Now some of his work is great because of that, classic to be precise but he just kept going and going. It's like he doesn't approach these things with a clear vision anymore just focuses on his agenda.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom