Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

Other than games being cheaper I was on board w/ every thing the article said M$ was doing w/ the X1

I dont trades games, 360 is always online, and game sharing would let me and my friends split costs of games even if we cant all play at the same time.

So call me whatever you want, the X1 was gonna be my online console and the Ps4 was for offline just like now

Last edited:
That article is full of failure. I don't play World of Warcraft. There is a market for people who do. Obviously, that market was not within the consoles, otherwise Microsoft wouldn't have been forced to switch. So that WoW example is totally irrelevant for me. A desperate attempt by the writer to force feed DRM.

Last edited:
I don't see why Microsoft can't reward those who buy their games digitally. I'm sure they could differentiate those who purchased their games via their "Steam" model and those who buy the physical copy of the game.

My idea is that if you bought the digital version from Microsoft, you're then able to take advantage of the benefits that come from that digital version (family/friends sharing, cheaper prices, etc.) and those who purchase the physical copy of the game can continue to play/trade/buy games as they always have but aren't given access to some of the privileges that would come if you had purchased the game directly from Microsoft via digital download.

I don't see why they couldn't implement something like this but I could be wrong. Thoughts?

I prefer the disk over a digital download

if you could play your digital version on ANYBODY ELSE'S Xbox One console after a quick online "check-in"/account verification (like previously proposed)...why would you prefer a SOLE DISC copy? :smh:

so you prefer owning 1 DVD over having the movie in your Netflix Instant folder (viewable on consoles/phones/tablets/laptops/desktops) too?

Last edited:
I prefer having a physical copy too.... I mean... at least I know it wont just disappear at some point.

how would it disappear if all your purchases (made with REAL MONEY) are directly linked to your Xbox Live account and can be re-downloaded? :smh:

I can go on Xbox.com & pull up records of ANYTHING I bought on Xbox Live with my credit card. I can even set my X360 console to re-download deleted DLC (as long as I paid for it & it's not 1-time use, which I would've been told @ point-of-sale) on there

Last edited:
Yes i do

If the family sharing was BS then why was steam planning their own version to compete with it?
Steam is only indirectly competing with consoles though. Steam started all of this DRM and they do it in a logical way since its all digital. Only complains people have with steam's DRM is when game companies sell you a disc and then require you to run it though Steam.

And in regards to the family sharing, It wasn't BS. He wasn't saying that he was just saying the game developers most likely weren't going to adopt it. Microsoft Studios were the only confirmed games that would be doing it, they said 3rd parties would have option of doing it as well if they wanted. But like everything else involving 3rd party, its if they want.

how would it disappear if all your purchases (made with REAL MONEY) are directly linked to your Xbox Live account and can be re-downloaded? :smh:

I can go on Xbox.com & pull up records of ANYTHING I bought on Xbox Live with my credit card. I can even set my X360 console to re-download deleted DLC (as long as I paid for it & it's not 1-time use, which I would've been told @ point-of-sale) on there

i mean yeah. its been 7 years and my live account/ gamertag and all that stuff is still there and has been there

All they had to do was get rid of the 24 hour offline limit and the mandatory kinect. Once explained, the other stuff was fine.

I feel this way. They're royally ******g up now... I mean, it's cool that they listen to consumers and all, but eating your words so hard like that isn't a good look either. It looks very unprofessional.

As a professional, you're supposed to say "this is what's best. We know this because were the professionals" and prove it. Microsoft just tucked it's tail and peppered it's angus.

anybody else is saying screw it and buying both but I will not buy an xbox on launch because of all the hardware failures of the 360

What if your account gets banned? Not that i have to worry about that... but just sayin...

The collector in me just prefers physical copies, same with movies, I can't help it :lol:

What if your account gets banned? Not that i have to worry about that... but just sayin...

The collector in me just prefers physical copies, same with movies, I can't help it
laugh.gif
When a publisher wants to pull a game, they will pull it. EA does this all the time on the PC. You don't own video games anymore, you own "licenses" to play them. Doesn't matter if you bought it and it's installed, you won't be able to access the content. 

People are always quick to dismiss Nintendo when they are the only ones who know what they're doing in the console industry. 

http://gizmodo.com/the-xbox-one-jus...modo_twitterheight:133px;" width="250"> [/URL

You're an idiot if you really believe this. Lol

Other than games being cheaper I was on board w/ every thing the article said M$ was doing w/ the X1

I dont trades games, 360 is always online, and game sharing would let me and my friends split costs of games even if we cant all play at the same time.

So call me whatever you want, the X1 was gonna be my online console and the Ps4 was for offline just like now

THIS.

I WAS PLANNING THE SAME. I PRE-ORDERED BOTH XBONE AND PS4 AND I WAS PLANNING FOR THE XBONE TO BE MY ONLINE CONSOLE FOR MULTIPLAYER AND PS4 TO BE MY OFFLINE CONSOLE FOR SINGLE PLAYER. STILL GOING TO GO THAT ROUTE AS XBOX LIVE IS LIGHTYEARS AHEAD OF PSN. I ENJOY PLAYING MULTIPLAYER ON XBOX 360 WAY MORE THAN MY PS3.

how would it disappear if all your purchases (made with REAL MONEY) are directly linked to your Xbox Live account and can be re-downloaded?
mean.gif

http://arstechnica.com/information-...s-redux-microsoft-to-nuke-msn-music-drm-keys/

that easy, *****.  that was five years ago.  people were FORCED to either keep their EXACT rig together forever or give up the music they paid for with, 'REAL MONEY,' without so much as a word.  THAT'S what people have been worried about.  

anybody else is saying screw it and buying both but I will not buy an xbox on launch because of all the hardware failures of the 360

I really doubt they'll put out a console with hardware failures again. At least potential failures that they know about

I'll probably end up with all of that gen's consoles later down the road. For now I'm buying a ps4 because more of my real life friends seem to be going that route, and while I'm not even that much of a multiplayer gamer, I want to have the option of playing with my friends when something does come out that we want to play together. Last game that got me online with friends was Borderlands 2 on the 360. Before that it was Portal 2. I'm glad that the gnashing of the teeth got MS to backpedal on their plans, but it shouldn't have even gotten to this point, focus groups should have told them that it was a bad idea months ago.

Back
Top Bottom