Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

mean.gif

roll.gif

well I'll be damned... guess what's coming to Xbox One? KINGDOM HEARTS 3

Final Fantasy XV was already confirmed by Square...so that's (2) huge RPGs from Square + Metal Gear Solid 5 from Konami on Xbox One

Clarified information learned this week @ E3: Used games can be played with no fees & 10 people linked to your Gamertag can play any games in your console's cloud on their system. PS4 online play has a MANDATORY monthly fee attached to it.

"Sony also confirmed that you'll be able to play all single-player games as well as use all media services without subscribing to PS+. Your current PS3 membership will transfer over to PS4"

WOMP WOMP

wait? so if my friend buys a brand new game. he can list me as familia and i could play it also for free? would i need to install the disk first? this sounds almost worth buying a xbox aslong as i dont need to install the disk first. i wouldn't mind 10 people pooling in $6 to cop a new game

Yes, this is correct.

I feel like this needs to be spammed over and over again so people can finally understand what they are reading.

With no disc: 24hour online check in for your Xbox, and those who are playing your shared games

With disc: no restrictions or fees, but obviously only you can play it since you have the disc.

This is the reason i'm getting an Xbox first, once both consoles are discounted, i will buy a PS4 for it's exclusives.

Yes, this is correct.

I feel like this needs to be spammed over and over again so people can finally understand what they are reading.

With no disc: 24hour online check in for your Xbox, and those who are playing your shared games

With disc: no restrictions or fees, but obviously only you can play it since you have the disc.

This is the reason i'm getting an Xbox first, once both consoles are discounted, i will buy a PS4 for it's exclusives.

I would wait on the finer details if I were you.

They didn't go into detail afaik on all what they said.

Yes, this is correct.

Why wait on cheaper one to be discounted?

X1 more likely to be discounted first and by more.

PS4 might sit at that 400 price for a while, and first price drop might only be $50.
X1 might be forced to drop price sooner and most likely will be a $100 price drop.

wait? so if my friend buys a brand new game. he can list me as familia and i could play it also for free? would i need to install the disk first? this sounds almost worth buying a xbox aslong as i dont need to install the disk first. i wouldn't mind 10 people pooling in $6 to cop a new game

Yes, this is correct.

Hold up, hold up. Now I'm a little fuzzy on the One details, but this is mostly false.

If 10 people could pay $6, Microsoft would be trumpeting the fact at E3 and would have been crowned the next gen winner. But that would be HORRIBLE for developers. Put each and everyone out of business. That's not how it's going to work.

The limitations on XBOne are far greater than on PS4.

Last edited:
Hold up, hold up. Now I'm a little fuzzy on the One details, but this is mostly false.

If 10 people could pay $6, Microsoft would be trumpeting the fact at E3 and would have been crowned the next gen winner. But that would be HORRIBLE for developers. Put each and everyone out of business. That's not how it's going to work.

The limitations on XBOne are far greater than on PS3.

I agree, people are grossly over-assuming what this capability is. No way in hell is MS going to enact DRM and then let every 10 people share 1 copy of a game. Fanboys won't convince me otherwise till I hear it from their mouths.

It is mandatory to save the game onto the Xbox One.

You can't just play the game off the disc.

You guys are just confusing yourselves. Trying to back Xbox.

They showed a lot of games. If you want those games none of the extra stuff should matter. Get an Xbox.

Here is Microsoft's official statement:

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

I agree, people are grossly over-assuming what this capability is. No way in hell is MS going to enact DRM and then let every 10 people share 1 copy of a game. Fanboys won't convince me otherwise till I hear it from their mouths.

I would like to know if this is true....hell i don't even have 10 friends that game like that.....id be selling subscriptions to my xbox one saying pay me $6 bucks a month i promise 1 new game a month...we can vote on it.....you can be one of my 10 family members.....hell lets get this going on NT. $6 a month for a brand new game....count me in

Here is Microsoft's official statement:

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

I'm taking a guess these shared games can't be played simultaneously... Why would they let you share one copy of a game between 10 people all at the same time. Doesn't make sense.

We would have found out but they canceled all their interviews.

They wanted games to take shine so that they could wash the DRM stuff under the rug.

Last edited:
gamestop gonna love it actually

theyre going to be one of these "participating" retailers

what this system does is nullify your ability to sell your "license" on craigslist/amazon/ebay at a better price than gamestop

now gamestop and other participating retailers will actually control THAT price

dont like gamestops 20 dollar offer?  too bad, its not like you can sell it to your neighbor for 45 or even 21 :lol:

I realized this reading the article. its a damb shame :smh:

we really are leasing games now, and u cant even sell them yourself anymore

I get the purpose of the DRM stuff but it really seems like the majority of us honest
consumers are being punished for the console pirates out there which are a minority

[COLOR=#red]Just going through this thread and as an honest consumer, now, I have 0 problem with any of this. I get games of gamestop and amazon, which are both participating retailers, and will be able to play used games.

I really don't understand this whole "offline" freak out. Whenever I have my Xbox on, which is often with entertainment and/or gaming, I am always connect to XBL. Am I missing something? Do 95% of people just stay offline for some reason?[/COLOR]

I would like to know if this is true....hell i don't even have 10 friends that game like that.....id be selling subscriptions to my xbox one saying pay me $6 bucks a month i promise 1 new game a month...we can vote on it.....you can be one of my 10 family members.....hell lets get this going on NT. $6 a month for a brand new game....count me in

well count me in. too bad there is no way microsoft will let this fly. would be possibly one of the best things to happen in video games

what this system does is nullify your ability to sell your "license" on craigslist/amazon/ebay at a better price than gamestop

dont like gamestops 20 dollar offer?  too bad, its not like you can sell it to your neighbor for 45 or even 21 :lol:

I get the purpose of the DRM stuff but it really seems like the majority of us honest
consumers are being punished for the console pirates out there which are a minority

[COLOR=#red]Just going through this thread and as an honest consumer, now, I have 0 problem with any of this. I get games of gamestop and amazon, which are both participating retailers, and will be able to play used games.

I really don't understand this whole "offline" freak out. Whenever I have my Xbox on, which is often with entertainment and/or gaming, I am always connect to XBL. Am I missing something? Do 95% of people just stay offline for some reason?[/COLOR]

nah but a strong majority don't have reliable connections like bad coverage or service that always goes out.
the no used games is a killer though because a huge portion of gamers do use redbox or gamefly.

Yes, this is correct.

Wait up where'd u hear that from? All the sources I read said that after the 24 hour offline period the game won't work until you reconnect to the internet. It never stated if it were different with disc in or no disc.

nah but a strong majority don't have reliable connections like bad coverage or service that always goes out.
the no used games is a killer though because a huge portion of gamers do use redbox or gamefly.

[COLOR=#red]Well for people who can't either afford or for whatever reason have a reliable internet connection there is the Xbox 360 which still and will have a strong backing. And if you don't have the funds to get a decent internet connection you shouldn't be buying any platform anyway. It's just common sense.

Side note and secondly to that point, if you were and are an Xbox gamer (as I have been since day 1 from the original xbox) then $100 increase shouldn't sway you either way. I've seen plenty of people piss and moan about a $500 tag price but I know a chunk of those people will spend that on some J's in a month. It just doesn't make sense. And last launch PS3 had the same $ amount attached. I just don't get the complaining or shock. Just me I suppose.

As for the used games, if Gamestop is one of those participating retailers then I would assume there would be something in the works with a Gamefly. If not, personally, I don't care. Because again there is still Xbox 360 (720 or whatever the newer one will be called) that still gives the consumer that option and will have the new games. You are able to trade with your friends, you are able to go to gamestop as well as amazon, there are plenty of options that I think are fine. I can understand the "renting" argument though.[/COLOR]

what are you talking about? the Xbox One CAN play used games. :smh:
Its actually pretty unnecessarily complicated but Microsoft really needs to give more specifics and details, but yeah based on info we have, first generation used purchasers can play them for sure.

Info give was only for Microsoft Studios though, 3rd party is different.

Last edited:

[COLOR=#red]Well for people who can't either afford or for whatever reason have a reliable internet connection there is the Xbox 360 which still and will have a strong backing. And if you don't have the funds to get a decent internet connection you shouldn't be buying any platform anyway. It's just common sense.

Side note and secondly to that point, if you were and are an Xbox gamer (as I have been since day 1 from the original xbox) then $100 increase shouldn't sway you either way. I've seen plenty of people piss and moan about a $500 tag price but I know a chunk of those people will spend that on some J's in a month. It just doesn't make sense. And last launch PS3 had the same $ amount attached. I just don't get the complaining or shock. Just me I suppose.

As for the used games, if Gamestop is one of those participating retailers then I would assume there would be something in the works with a Gamefly. If not, personally, I don't care. Because again there is still Xbox 360 (720 or whatever the newer one will be called) that still gives the consumer that option and will have the new games. You are able to trade with your friends, you are able to go to gamestop as well as amazon, there are plenty of options that I think are fine. I can understand the "renting" argument though.[/COLOR]

I feel the same way about ur first post. Whenever i turn my xbox on, it automatically signs me into live. And I git a bunch of live cards last black friday for extra cheap. For me personally, I have no downside for the xb1. Others do

the no used games is a killer though

what are you talking about? the Xbox One CAN play used games. :smh:

so you are telling me if i walked over to rebox and ordered halo 14 or whatever and popped it in. i could play it without having a fee?

the stuff is still unclear regarding renting games

Back
Top Bottom