NEXUS ONE OWNERS ENTER! AT&T Nexus One vol. Goodbye iPhone 3GS?

I dont mind paying the $529 for the Nexus One, but only if I do get to lower my rate plan from these ridiculus subsidized iPhone plans I'm currently stuck with...

I'll do some research to see if which is route is more cost efficient (T-Mobile or ATT)...

Thanks to everyone that helped...
pimp.gif

If you can justify spending 529 for an Android phone I dont see why anyone would not pay 600 for an intel x nokia collab. Nokia N900 is a BEAST. Its not an iphone killer its an android killer. Its not trying to compete with the iphone 2 totally different markets.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

If you can justify spending 529 for an Android phone I dont see why anyone would not pay 600 for an intel x nokia collab. Nokia N900 is a BEAST. Its not an iphone killer its an android killer. Its not trying to compete with the iphone 2 totally different markets.
pimp.gif

I got the N900.

frown.gif

Nokia says no official Meego OS for N900.

smile.gif

That's why we got the Linux heads though.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Honestly Id rather get a nokia n900 than any android phone. Android os ui looks so tacky and I'm shocked google made such a non sleek ui. Plus the new nokia/intel os looks more promising than android.

yeah but the price tag isnt something anyone can just decide to afford if they want a new phone. the price range for the nexus one will most likely be much better on people pockets 
laugh.gif
You pay less in the long run when you get an unsubsidized phone. If you don't know how to get the cheapest phone/data plans from the likes of ATT or T-Mobile... Roll with the subsidized price then. Your loss though.

eh, im on a business voice plan/data/text unlimited plan on ATT. either way, im paying a solid price no matter if my phone is unsubsidized or not. and when it comes down to it, the majority of people aren't spending 600+ on a phone. sometimes paying more in the long run is more affordable than paying a smaller amount on the jump. especially if the up front price which is "cheaper" in your opinion is 600 dollars. thats still !%$*##$ expensive as hell for a phone. 

Originally Posted by sNc magic

I'm sure it's a great phone, but goodbye iPhone?
roll.gif

nexus%20one%20sales%20chart.png
Well, in Google defense, it's a web only sold phone, if it was widely available in Tmobile stores, I'm sure it would have easily hit that milli mark.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

roll.gif

Well, in Google defense, it's a web only sold phone, if it was widely available in Tmobile stores, I'm sure it would have easily hit that milli mark.
true, but why defend something thats their fault? it was their choice. 
laugh.gif
 let them feel the consequences of their stupid decision. 

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

if the Nexus one is coming to ATT there's should be a pretty good chance the HTC HD2 might come to ATT right? In that case I will be waiting.

I doubt AT&T will be getting the HD2, I'm pretty sure it's an TMO exclusive. AT&T will be getting the Diamond 3 and possibly the HTC Desire.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Honestly Id rather get a nokia n900 than any android phone. Android os ui looks so tacky and I'm shocked google made such a non sleek ui. Plus the new nokia/intel os looks more promising than android.

yeah but the price tag isnt something anyone can just decide to afford if they want a new phone. the price range for the nexus one will most likely be much better on people pockets 
laugh.gif
You pay less in the long run when you get an unsubsidized phone. If you don't know how to get the cheapest phone/data plans from the likes of ATT or T-Mobile... Roll with the subsidized price then. Your loss though.

eh, im on a business voice plan/data/text unlimited plan on ATT. either way, im paying a solid price no matter if my phone is unsubsidized or not. and when it comes down to it, the majority of people aren't spending 600+ on a phone. sometimes paying more in the long run is more affordable than paying a smaller amount on the jump. especially if the up front price which is "cheaper" in your opinion is 600 dollars. thats still !%$*##$ expensive as hell for a phone. 
Research my friend. No one buys an unsubsidized phone at retail price (unless we are talking about the Nexus One). I got my N900 for a whole lot less than $600. Shoot, I saved $200 from the start and will continue to save money every month with a cheaper phone/data/text plan. Since you are on a business plan anyways, there is no point of you to buy an unsubsidized phone, as you should have gotten some discounted phone for signing that contract.

Do the math. More affordable in the beginning still means you pay more in the long run. People should always think long term savings rather than short term gains. Sidebar, current economy FTL for taking the short term gains... Also, save up before you make any big purchase like a new phone. The only win by going subsidized is somehow you invest in the money you save in the beginning ($300-$400) and get some return that will be break even with the total in extra costs you pay in the more expensive plans in those 2 years. Seeing this is NT, that is highly possible though.     

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

roll.gif

Very true, i would of left Sprint quick as hell. I tried to do it online, but Google said my credit wasn't good enough... -_-

I just made the switch... So far, I am pretty happy! Just something different then the iPhone... FYI, free overnight shipping if you purchase it
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom