NFL.com's Top 5 CB's

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

he is legit. the only problem i have with asante is man to man near the goal line. he is getting handled most of the time there due to his size. i dont think he gambles though. he just has bad %%! instincts.
who has bad instincts?
please continue ...

i put badass but it was edited

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Antoine Winfield is in my top 5. Every time I watch him, he's making a play. Doesn't have the flashy INT or PD stats but he is probably the best tackling corner in the NFL and is pretty decent in coverage. Those aspects combined, I put him probably at 5,

I def respect that!!!! and hes def better than decent in coverage

Originally Posted by bilbo07

how does bob sanders not make top 5 safeties?
U gotta be on the field to be the best...
played
6 games last yr
4 games in 06...
5 games in 04

plus
he has 5 career interceptions.
makes lil to No impact on the passing game...

Still think he's top 5?

If Griffin is on the list than yeah I do

how does bob sanders not make top 5 safeties?
U gotta be on the field to be the best...
played
6 games last yr
4 games in 06...
5 games in 04

plus
he has 5 career interceptions.
makes lil to No impact on the passing game...

Still think he's top 5?

Griffin can actually play the run and the pass and hes taller then 5'6
laugh.gif

he is legit. the only problem i have with asante is man to man near the goal line. he is getting handled most of the time there due to his size. i dont think he gambles though. he just has bad %%! instincts.
who has bad instincts?
please continue ...

OOO I see
laugh.gif
I was like I know this N'ucklehead aint sayin he got bad instincts
laugh.gif

I think u are undersellin and undervalueing what Griff does... He's da Bidness
pimp.gif

he's played 2 yrs in the league and has 10 career Ints.
He can play sloit if & when asked...

Griffs Alot Better than you are giving him credit for.

Antonio Cromartie recent interview

When asked if his job would become easier if Brandon Marshall(notes) were to be traded:

"My job is already easy, to tell you the truth. It's really not hard to do, even if [Brandon Marshall] didn't get traded"

When asked about the Chiefs' passing game this year:

"They never had a passing game. They don't even have Gonzalez."

When asked who he would date, if given a choice of Ciara, Beyonce, or Keri Hilson:

"None, they are too uppity."

When asked about the best cornerback in the NFL:

"I think I'm the best. If you match up next to Nnamdi from the Raiders, us two are the best."

When asked about playing in front of Oakland fans:

"It's boring in the Black Hole."

When asked about covering Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe(notes):

"Dwayne Bowe only has two catches on me in two years, so I've never had a hard time against him."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...t=AkWTUVGx.8Wc7t1syI.NzTFDubYF?urn=nfl,174345

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Grimey

When asked if his job would become easier if Brandon Marshall(notes) were to be traded:

"My job is already easy, to tell you the truth. It's really not hard to do, even if [Brandon Marshall] didn't get traded"

When asked who he would date, if given a choice of Ciara, Beyonce, or Keri Hilson:

"I think I'm the best. If you match up next to Nnamdi from the Raiders, us two are the best."

"Dwayne Bowe only has two catches on me in two years, so I've never had a hard time against him."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...t=AkWTUVGx.8Wc7t1syI.NzTFDubYF?urn=nfl,174345

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
found this

Cromartie had the worst YPA of any CB with at least 45 attempts, and had the lowest forced incompletion percentage of any CB in the league. Only one CB gave upover 825 yards this season, and that was Cromartie with 980 yards allowed.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
found this

Cromartie had the worst YPA of any CB with at least 45 attempts, and had the lowest forced incompletion percentage of any CB in the league. Only one CB gave up over 825 yards this season, and that was Cromartie with 980 yards allowed.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

NO WAY has DRC/Revis surpassed WOODSON. you sir are crazy!!!!
Take the GB blinders off, man. I know tons of people that co-sign Revis over Woodson already...we'll see this year but Revis is a lockdowncorner after 2 years in the league while Woodson's best years are behind him.

What in THE HELL is this guy talking about???
Real good defense for your boy CW
roll.gif

Love kids that just jock their squads regardless of how it makes them look. And you're tryna get at my football knowledge??!! Fall WAY back, homie. Or atleast come with legit support for your lil boyfriend #21
laugh.gif

Oh and I left out the part about DRC, you guys must've forgot what he did in the playoffs word to Roy Jones Jr.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

NO WAY has DRC/Revis surpassed WOODSON. you sir are crazy!!!!
Take the GB blinders off, man. I know tons of people that co-sign Revis over Woodson already...we'll see this year but Revis is a lockdown corner after 2 years in the league while Woodson's best years are behind him.

just quit all that talk now please...

There is one lockdown corner in the league at the moment... there is one corner that QBs are scared to throw against...

and his name is not Darelle Revis... it is Nnamdi Asomugha...

nobody in their right mind is saying that Revis is a lockdown corner & that QBs are afraid to throw it to him...

who has bad instincts?
please continue ...

OOO I see
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Nah dont get me wrong Griff is one of my favorite players in the league ive been watching him play since he was in high school. But top 5 after only 2 years?

who has bad instincts?
please continue ...

OOO I see
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Nah dont get me wrong Griff is one of my favorite players in the league ive been watching him play since he was in high school. But top 5 after only 2 years?
He produces. I mean I know what you are getting at, but do not knock a young player for only playing two years the same way you do not hype up anold player off of reputation. He is doing his thing, and showing up in the box score. What more do you want? When is the last time Bob been in a box score? Ifyou evaluate off of what they are doing right now, then no one should have trouble putting Griffin up there.

^yeah i feel what your saying. if u do compare Griffs first two years to a lot pf peoples then he is on track to be one of the best.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Antonio-Cromartie-is-one-confident-little-chatte;_ylt=AkWTUVGx.8Wc7t1syI.NzTFDubYF?urn=nfl,174345

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
found this

Cromartie had the worst YPA of any CB with at least 45 attempts, and had the lowest forced incompletion percentage of any CB in the league. Only one CB gave up over 825 yards this season, and that was Cromartie with 980 yards allowed.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Still one of my favorite corners in the league though

Originally Posted by ezeblazin

s

[h3]1. Nnamdi Asomugha, Raiders[/h3]
The six-year pro has blossomed into a top cornerback after starting his NFL career as a safety. A long, rangy athlete with exceptional instincts and awareness, Asomugha suffocates elite receivers with his superior cover skills. Whereas most top corners play in a zone-based scheme, Asomugha is one of the few capable of shining in a bump-and-run defense that rarely provides safety help over the top. Although the one-time Pro Bowler has just two interceptions in the past two seasons after recording eight picks in 2006, Asomugha has yielded few pass completions on his side, which makes him worthy of being recognized as the quintessential shutdown corner in the league today.

Rest of the list doesn't matter.

I'm glad to see ADub in the Top 5 Safeties, he has often been overlooked because of where he played.

DRC isn't a top 5 CB yet, but he's definitely got the talent.

Originally Posted by ezeblazin

[h3]4. Darrelle Revis, Jets[/h3]
After just two years in the NFL, Revis has quickly developed into one of the league's top cover men with his aggressive approach. The 2008 Pro Bowler possesses a diverse skill set that allows him to excel in press or off coverage, and his ball skills are extraordinary for a young player. With Revis' best football still ahead of him, he might occupy a spot on this list for years to come.

its about time
pimp.gif

no reshean mathis? really?

How is Kerry Rhodes not on that safety list? I am a Pats fan and hate the Jets but Kerry Rhodes is a beast. Even Bill Belichick (sp?) speaks highly of him andhe is a man of few words.

just quit all that talk now please...

There is one lockdown corner in the league at the moment... there is one corner that QBs are scared to throw against...

and his name is not Darelle Revis... it is Nnamdi Asomugha...

nobody in their right mind is saying that Revis is a lockdown corner & that QBs are afraid to throw it to him...
Hold up, kid. I remember now...you're the kid that copies what Gunna says and Truth been called you out a million times. But I'll humoryou only because I like a lil debate.

Once again you're making something out of nothing, bruh. You read my posts then try to imply something that I never stated. Nnamdi is not the only lockdowncorner in the league and if you think so, you're foolish. He's the best at the moment and no one is arguing that but you seem to think I said Revis isbetter than Nnamdi when I never even compared to the two!!
laugh.gif

"Nobody in their right mind," eh? Here's one example I found and there's probably many more if you look through the thread carefully insteadof focusing on every post I make. And regardless of NTers there's a lot of experts who are high on Revis, look at the original list. Revis is ranked #4 onNFL.com's corner list while Woodson is left out and with good reason. To simplify the argument: Revis covers and tackles better than Woodson at this pointin their careers. Simple as that. The only area CW is better at is playmaking ability as in making plays on the ball in case you were gonna try dissecting mywords. Next you're gonna say Bucky Brooks ain't a legit NFL analyst
grin.gif

You do realize that Revis locks down one side of the field. QB's were terrified to throw at him last year, check the stats.
Bottom line, a lot of you dudes need to take the blinders off. Can't talk seriously without being objective/unbiased. GB fans tryna hold downCW when it's clear he's at the tail end of his prime. Jets fans doing the same thing with Revis (to a lesser extent) gassing him up. This is where theneutral football fans come in and settle the BS: I got Revis ranked 4th like Brooks after Nnamdi, Champ, and Mathis. IMO Woodson is 6th or 7th behind Samueland close with DRC. I'll let this season do the talking for me.

Back
Top Bottom