NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh let's see if Richardson can average more than 3.8 ypc now. Honestly don't think he's worth a first

Not a good trade for the Browns. But I don't necessarily think they lost. This is more so to play devils advocate. I think the Browns are making up for recent ineptness. They understand they've screwed in the past up and instead of trying to maintain pride they are trying to get on top of the current situation as soon as possible. I think they realize this isn't a league that depends on running back success. Nobody needs a Trent Richardson to rely on for real success. See Vikings. I like Weeden but given his age they should have never drafted him. They are now a front runner for the first pick and will have a second 1st. They are now in position get Clowney when they already have pieces on defense and a QB in what looks like a pretty good upcoming class. Actually the more I think about it the smarter I think it is.

The Colts definitely win though seeing that they already have the top QB for the future. They are now a few years, an o-line, and some hits in the middle rounds of the draft from being right where they were this past decade.

Last edited:
What's the sense of a rebuilding team running a guy into the ground and after a few years having nothing to show for it? (Who also hasn't proven to be all world yet anyway - not like his stock is going up on that team)

New regime, don't feel that he fits..selling high. Not saying it will work but I can see the thought process.

I'm on my some real murder **** b any ***** that I had a problem with, owe me money or talked down on the browns gettin it

Browns also have an extra 3rd and a 4th, so in a sense, they will own a deep 2014 Draft, but still man, this is insane. :smh:

CP... don't use the words Browns, own, and draft in the same sentence ever again.

Remember who you're talking about.

Well, work with me here.

Start with Joe Thomas and Jordan Cameron. OT and TE. Young, solid.

Bridgewater
D'Anthony
Jordan Mathews or Cody Hoffman
OT Jack Newhort
OG Chris Burnette
WR Devin Street
RB Damien Williams

First four rounds only. Seriously, 1 year in, this is your new offense.

Still have Gordon and Bess to either flip or cut, or keep, whatever.

Their front seven is solid on D. Joe Haden is awesome. Spend a little free agent money on another Corner, they aren't too far away from being usable again within a year.

Weeden/Trent/Gordon/Cameron

Bridgewater/D'Anthony/WR/Cameron + filler depth

Trent lasts for 6-7-8 years maybe for a RB. Weeden lasts for another couple, but meh on him anyways.

Bridgewater (or whatever QB they go after) could be a decade long QB. Someone this new regime can coach and build around.

I dunno. I'm sellin myself into for Cleveland. The extra 3-4 helped me soon as I saw that. If it was just 1 extra pick they gained, I'd be harder on them, but the 2014 draft is DEEP on O, and in fact, the 2015 is LOADED at RB, they could take D'Anthony as just a filler/speedy guy, and get a bigger compliment back the year after.

who's going to block for luck and richardson?

The same o-line that beat the Texans last season.

if you're going to troll, at least have facts with it.

we had 6 sacks in 2 games against them. and we split the season series.

in 2 games this year, luck has been sacked 7 times. 4 by the raiders, 3 by the dolphins.

yeah but the dolphins and raiders are leading the league in sacks for the season so far. they had 6 sacks the game before and oakland had 5 sacks their next game..

and yet, luck has still been sacked 7 times in two games.

it's a valid concern of any colts fan to wonder about the offensive line.

You sound a little scared my dude.

God damn the Colts from last year's draft.

Luck
Richardson
Fleener
Allen
Hilton
Ballard
Brazil

:smh: :pimp:

That's 7, if the Browns can pull off anything similar to this, with Thomas and Cameron already in hand, works out don't it?

Last edited:
God damn the Colts from last year's draft.

Luck
Richardson
Fleener
Allen
Hilton
Ballard
Brazil

:smh: :pimp:

That's 7, if the Browns can pull off anything similar to this, with Thomas and Cameron already in hand, works out don't it?

Post the Browns last year draft notables

Im done... its been a fun... wait no it hasnt...

its been.. something these past 27 yrs bein a browns fan but this is the last straw...

It honestly wouldnt suprise me if thomas or haden demanded a trade n forced their way out of town... like kellen winslow. Peyton hillis. And anyone else that thought they were at all talented

CP while that plan is valid ..... The browns still have to draft the correct players again.

And who's to say in 2 years that whole staff is wiped out and the process begins again ?

Michael Lombardi is GM now, this team is not his, he has now flipped it.

He worked for Bill Walsh, Bill Bilichek, has been a scout, analyst, etc. He's a draft guy.

Apparently, he likes this draft. This is the 3rd pick he's added for this draft, you can tell he wanted to be a player in it.

What's the sense of a rebuilding team running a guy into the ground and after a few years having nothing to show for it? (Who also hasn't proven to be all world yet anyway - not like his stock is going up on that team)

New regime, don't feel that he fits..selling high. Not saying it will work but I can see the thought process.

Yup, anybody who can't see the soundness in this logic...

Browns fans just just have to be patient. A solid draft in the one coming up and it could lead to having a great core of players, eventual success, etc.

I just don't understand why they would sell him for pennies on the dollar.  I'm almost sure they could have gotten more than just a single pick for Richardson.

Eh. I still think Weeden is competent and they've got an under the radar TE and get J. Gordon back this week. Interesting what happens at the RB spot, but I agree with Al3xis and GMsboy. There's only one team that incorporates a one RB, pound and ground offense and that's the Vikings with perhaps the greatest RB of all time :smile:

Browns were going to run him into the ground and hit their peak as TRich would already be used and abused. Use the draft picks next year to build a more sufficient offense for today's NFL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom