NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lord, Gene Steratore will be the lead official in the Ratbird/Browns game tonight. He of Megatron fame...:x

Last edited:
Oh lord, Gene Steratore will be the lead official in the Ratbird/Browns game tonight. He of Megatron fame...:x
It was the right call according to the rules. This got posted in the ref thread too. If you're going to criticize, at least come correct.

NFL refs suck but anything is better than these replacements
laugh.gif

Lulz.
0ap1000000066384.jpg
mean.gif

Yea, that was a TD anyway you cut it. I'm not going to say it's raining if someone's pissing on me. Like I said before, I've been watching football for 30+ years & last year was the worst officiating I've ever seen. People will give them a pass for the rest of this year (possibly), but next year it will be bad again.

Last edited:
Was anyone watching ESPN2 yesterday around 1ish? There was something on that had Rodgers Brady Montana
Young and another HoFer can't remember. But they were all in a room talking and it was showing highlights of all their careers. I was at the school union and it was on mute. I really wanted to see what they were talking about. I feel like
You can never find this stuff on the Internet either.

Yea I saw it, its called NFL Films Presents the Greatest Roundtable Ever. I checked but couldnt find the video online yet so I assume its going to be posted up in the next couple of days since it was new. If you want to catch it on tv its going to be on Friday at 4:30 pm EST on NFL network.

Last edited:
Yea, all of the Football Life episodes have been great, except I couldn't watch the ray lewis one. I can't stand to hear him talk. Even my 8 year old finds him extremely annoying.

I agree I turned it on saw Ray Lewis giving a speech and then turned it off. His whole little pep talk thing has gotten pretty repetitive. Although its actually quite impressive. For 16 years he has said the same exact thing over and over and over again but somehow figures out how to say it with different words. I wish I had that ability to BS my English essays.

I was joking with a buddy saying what if in the pre game breakdown a 3rd or 4th year player interrupted and said Ray do you think I could do this one? :lol: cause seriously is he even hyping ppl up anymore. They're probably saying here it comes again. "DO YOU FEEL THAT IN YOUR CHEST? THAT'S YOUR HEART BEATING" and so on and so on.

Yea, all of the Football Life episodes have been great, except I couldn't watch the ray lewis one. I can't stand to hear him talk. Even my 8 year old finds him extremely annoying.

I agree I turned it on saw Ray Lewis giving a speech and then turned it off. His whole little pep talk thing has gotten pretty repetitive. Although its actually quite impressive. For 16 years he has said the same exact thing over and over and over again but somehow figures out how to say it with different words. I wish I had that ability to BS my English essays.

I was joking with a buddy saying what if in the pre game breakdown a 3rd or 4th year player interrupted and said Ray do you think I could do this one? :lol: cause seriously is he even hyping ppl up anymore. They're probably saying here it comes again. "DO YOU FEEL THAT IN YOUR CHEST? THAT'S YOUR HEART BEATING" and so on and so on.

you dudes have to be lacking a pulse... i will agree some of its repeative but saying his speeaches arent good :lol:

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!

I chuckle when he sounds just like a preacher, but you can't say you wouldn't be motivated if you were in that Ravens locker room or on the sideline and he's giving his speeches. :lol:

One of the greatest sports leaders of our time. :pimp:

Last edited:
incorrect, thats a damn touchdown any way you look at it.
just stop it
No.

No Calvin Johnson catch rule for 2011
March 17th, 2011 - 9:30 am

It was the subject of national scrutiny for the month of September and beyond. The term “process of the catch” became a popular phrase in the NFL media and inside sports bars and living rooms throughout the country. Thanks to the call on the field, thousands of football fans learned the rule that a player must maintain possession of the football throughout the process of the catch and the ball could not move when the player’s body hit the ground.

More importantly than rule clarity, Calvin Johnson’s no-catch in the back of the end zone in Week 1 of the 2010 NFL season enabled the Bears to hold on to a victory that many in the country — some Bears fans included — feel the Bears didn’t deserve. Had the Bears lost, who knows what kind of snowball effect it would have had on their NFC North championships season.

Fortunately for those fans who didn’t know about the “process of the catch” rule and had to learn the hard way last year, they won’t have to learn a new rule this year. The NFL’s competition committee will not change the rule, but will clarify it.

Says Falcons president and chairman of the competition committee Rich McKay: “Would Calvin Johnson’s be a catch under 2011 rules? Our answer would be no.

“We confirmed a rule that has been there for more than 70 years which basically says there are three elements to a catch. Secure the ball in your hands; maintain control when have you two feet down or any body part other than the hands (are down); and we will write it into the rules that you must control the ball long enough after ‘A’ and ‘B’ (to) enable you to perform any act common to the game. That doesn’t mean you have to perform the act, but must have the ability to.”

I’m glad to hear that they’re standing firm on this ruling despite the public outcry throughout last season. So many fans and analysts were confident the league would change the rule, but I felt it wasn’t necessary to change it; just to clarify when the process ends, which is exactly what they’re doing.

http://www.bearsbeat.com/2011/03/17/no-calvin-johnson-catch-rule-for-2011/

Cam is the real deal, its gonna take time for dude to come into his own. I think many predicted he would regress, or have that sophmore slump. He will get it together, don't y'all worry. But on that note, my qb Joe Flacco, that dude is coming into his own. This is the year that he gets included in that elite discussion.

you dudes have to be lacking a pulse... i will agree some of its repeative but saying his speeaches arent good :lol:

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!

My son, who could speak very well from a very early age asked me at 5 years old why that man (ray) speaks like that. :lol: He asked me if something was wrong with him. :lol:. He then proceeded to do an impersonation of him that had my wife & I crying...I just couldn't bear the thought of watching a whole hour of him...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom