NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a huge Eli fan simply because he's not your typical hollywood QB (, i.e. Tom sorry Deadset :lol: he's the best example I swear). He gets little to no respect in the media, not even in his own City, but he just handles business. BUT, I can't call him elite. Not yet. I actually have him Roethlisberger on the same tier. And here's why, you remember that last minute drive he had against Arizona on football's biggest stage? The drive that ended with Santonio Holmes making a beautiful toe-tapping touchdown catch in the corner of the endzone? That was an amazing game and Ben stole the spotlight in one of the more clutch super bowl performances I've ever seen. You may argue that Ben's benefitted from great defenses and that's certainly true, but Eli hasn't? He's had some outstanding defensive play throughout his Super Bowl run. He's better than Ben, but the gap between Eli and Ben is much smaller than the gap from, Rodgers, Brady, and Brees.
Very true. We only had 3 penalties Sunday. I'm pretty sure we've never had only 3 penalties in Franchise history against the Steelers. I'd confidently bet a small amount of money on that. :lol:

Yeah but look at the years all of those guys won their Super Bowls. Their defenses were well above average. Eli's been clutch and while SB XLIII was a great performance, let's not act like Eli was not as impressive the year before. Last season he had all those 4th quarter comebacks because the defense was injured and didn't come around till the playoffs. Eli is the reason they won the SB last year.

Last edited:
Funny is after 3 games we are the 3rd least penalized team :lol:

Yeah but look at the years all of those guys won their Super Bowls. Their defenses were well above average. Eli's been clutch and while SB XLIII was a great performance, let's not act like Eli was not as impressive the year before. Last season he had all those 4th quarter comebacks because the defense was injured and didn't come around till the playoffs. Eli is the reason they won the SB last year.

I agree on all accounts, but you can't downplay the Giants defense as being "above average" in the playoffs, especially last year. Eli was outstanding and has been in the playoffs, but that defense was a force. Atlanta held to a WHOOPING 2 sacks! That's crazy. When's the last time a team has only been able to score 2 points in a game? I know I ain't seen it. That defense matched the intensity of the Niners, who by most accounts, have the best in the league (I believe it's fair to say that at this point). You also can't downplay the impact that defensive line was able to have against the now 18-1 Patriot team. 14 points. 14 goddamn points for the highest scoring team in NFL HISTORY. :lol: Incredible. And another reason why you have the Top 3 and then Eli/Ben is because the consistent years of high QB play. You can't say the same for Eli and Ben.

I agree on all accounts, but you can't downplay the Giants defense as being "above average" in the playoffs, especially last year. Eli was outstanding and has been in the playoffs, but that defense was a force. Atlanta held to a WHOOPING 2 sacks! That's crazy. When's the last time a team has only been able to score 2 points in a game? I know I ain't seen it. That defense matched the intensity of the Niners, who by most accounts, have the best in the league (I believe it's fair to say that at this point). You also can't downplay the impact that defensive line was able to have against the now 18-1 Patriot team. 14 points. 14 goddamn points for the highest scoring team in NFL HISTORY. :lol: Incredible. And another reason why you have the Top 3 and then Eli/Ben is because the consistent years of high QB play. You can't say the same for Eli and Ben.

how do you not win a Superbowl without a complete team effort though? When the Colts won a few years ago they were lousy defensively and stepped their game up.
Packers were not that great defensively and turned it up a notch in the playoffs when Rodgers won his ring.

Eli had zero defense last year with all of the injuries and pulled victories out of his behind, he was the reason they won last year....from start to finish. That tough schedule helped them out come playoff time, and they got more healthy and were more prepared then their opponents.

14 TD's and 2 INT's in both Superbowl runs....plus he is arguably playing better than any QB in the league right now (early in the season)

Eli is under-rated because at the end of the day he isn't flashy, and he talks about the team before he does himself and puts himself and the Giants in a position to win championships which is all he cares about. When it matters most it's reached a point where I trust him more than anyone else in the league to win a game late. To say he isn't an elite top notch QB at this stage after two championships just doesn't make any sense. I can't name three QB's I'd rather have....Peyton the way he has looked? Brady who is past his prime? Rodgers? Brees (without his coach)?

Last edited:
dog Ryan is nothing special, hes aite but hes not real.

Yeah ? because he hasnt given ATL 4 winning seasons...something this franchise has never put together..Your guy is what 2 years in and the most consistent thing he has done is cry....your guy isnt real..what's Cam QBR right now ??? Ok now whats Ryans ? You prolly bought into all that crap about Carolina winning the division huh ?

keep putting your faith in him go head...oh yea how many total points did yall score in the playoff last year? dude couldnt get his team on the scoreboard one time, a total of 2 pts the whole game and that came from the defense...ninja talking bout QB rating after 3wks of football.

please point me in the direction of where Cam was crying bc i missed it.

Last edited:
He's top 10 and film doesn't mean anything in today's NFL !!!
:lol:

my mans how many games have you watched this year honestly...prolly just the NYG game. If you watched the first 2 games, you could tell the kid has played good football. those ints were tipped balled and other nonsense not him not seeing the d. yall in here watching nfl network highlights talking bout hes falling off.

talking film like you broke down game tape of something, stop it.

He's top 10 and film doesn't mean anything in today's NFL !!!

my mans how many games have you watched this year honestly...prolly just the NYG game. If you watched the first 2 games, you could tell the kid has played good football. those ints were tipped balled and other nonsense not him not seeing the d. yall in here watching nfl network highlights talking bout hes falling off.

talking film like you broke down game tape of something, stop it.

Cam's been hot mediocre for 10 straight games :lol:

GTOH

When the newspaper in your hometown is clowning, you know there is a problem

Last edited:
QBR is an over-rated statistic when judging a quarterback's performance. Matt has had a ton of talent around him from day 1 so he has every right to be criticized, its a matter of playoffs with him at this point. This is an important season for him imo.

Oh, and when healthy Big Ben is a top tier QB, his body has just taken a beating (back to the original point I was making prior)

cool ill take that...my qb is 19 games into his career and ill leave it at that.

not gonna go back and forth with cats who team qb's level of success is the same as Cams.

Matt Ryan
Matt Schaub
Matt Stafford

Last edited:
cool ill take that...my qb is 19 games into his career and ill leave it at that.

not gonna go back and forth with cats who team qb's level of success is the same as Cams.

Matt Ryan
Matt Schaub
Matt Stafford

Wait are you serious?

Cam Newton's level of success is the same as Jon Kitna's

Dudes that threw for a bunch of empty stats on bad teams.

Last edited:
what? im talking playoff wins dog.

all 3 matts have zero playoff wins the same as Cam. like i said 19 games, yall acting like stafford and ryan had great 2nd yrs. they went through learning curves too.

So Joe Flacco was the reason and his play lead the Ravens to that 5-3 record? Interesting

SneakerPro defending Cutler? This must be the Twilight Zone...

Bro it pisses me off when people bring up these game manager *** quarterbacks and list their accomplishments over quarterbacks who if they don't play well their is getting washed.

The Staffords, the Ryans and even Romos HAVE to ball for their team in to win. Hell Stafford has to throw for 300+ and 2tds+ for the Lions to even compete in a game.

I'm not a big Jay fan but I've seen him carry a team with his arm for a consistent period of time.

I never said Flacco is carrying his team but you said Stafford has to throw that many yards for the Lions just to compete? I guess Megatron, Pettigrew, & Burleson don't have a hand in their success...

You really get angry over discussing sports & feel compelled to call things ******ed?

I guess we'll agree to disagree because whatever you say won't change my mind & I think that will hold true likewise for you. But I will offer some more facts, the ratbirds are ranked 4th in total offense, 3rd in passing YPG, & 1st in TDs. That's not indicative of a game manager. Ok so maybe he's not elite by your standards, but he's certainly upper echelon.

Good luck with the Cowboy season though. I think Romo may finally be getting over the hump so long as the o-line holds up...

BTW, if you'd like to see the stats, check out the link...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Last edited:
what? im talking playoff wins dog.

all 3 matts have zero playoff wins the same as Cam. like i said 19 games, yall acting like stafford and ryan had great 2nd yrs. they went through learning curves too.

I've always been a guy that if you don't have jewerly I don't want to hear about accomplishments so I feel you there BUT those dudes have proven they can carry team to the playoffs on their arms.

Well at least Stafford has.

So Joe Flacco was the reason and his play lead the Ravens to that 5-3 record? Interesting

SneakerPro defending Cutler? This must be the Twilight Zone...

Bro it pisses me off when people bring up these game manager *** quarterbacks and list their accomplishments over quarterbacks who if they don't play well their is getting washed.

The Staffords, the Ryans and even Romos HAVE to ball for their team in to win. Hell Stafford has to throw for 300+ and 2tds+ for the Lions to even compete in a game.

I'm not a big Jay fan but I've seen him carry a team with his arm for a consistent period of time.

I never said Flacco is carrying his team but you said Stafford has to throw that many yards for the Lions just to compete? I guess Megatron, Pettigrew, & Burleson don't have a hand in their success...

You really get angry over discussing sports & feel compelled to call things ******ed?

I guess we'll agree to disagree because whatever you say won't change my mind & I think that will hold true likewise for you. But I will offer some more facts, the ratbirds are ranked 4th in total offense, 3rd in passing YPG, & 1st in TDs. That's not indicative of a game manager. Ok so maybe he's not elite by your standards, but he's certainly upper echelon.

Good luck with the Cowboy season though. I think Romo may finally be getting over the hump so long as the o-line holds up...

BTW, if you'd like to see the stats, check out the link...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

I gotta get a clearer avy

Bro Burleson, Pettigrew and Megatron didn't get added to the Lions last year. They been there and losing, the difference between the Lions making the playoffs and being irrevelant still was Matt Stafford playing 16 period.

As far as Flacco I never said he wasn't elite NOW even though I don't think he is, it just pissed me off that you bringing his playoff record when wasn't **** but a bus driver quarterback.

If Flacco does well this year its different than the past because whether right or wrong he is the offense in Baltimore now.

Last edited:
Stafford playing 16 is certainly a big step in the success the Lions had, but they're pretty much form a symbiotic relationship for success. Matt can't win without them & vice versa. No QB is going to carry a team by himself. He needs both sides of the ball to win games, especially in the post season. The only game manager I've ever seen win a chip was Trent Dilfer & he needed one of the best defenses in history of the nfl to do it...

Stafford playing 16 is certainly a big step in the success the Lions had, but they're pretty much form a symbiotic relationship for success. Matt can't win without them & vice versa. No QB is going to carry a team by himself. He needs both sides of the ball to win games, especially in the post season. The only game manager I've ever seen win a chip was Trent Dilfer & he needed one of the best defenses in history of the nfl to do it...

Right but it still doesn't change the fact that the quarterbacks that you listed you would rather have Flacco over have so much more responsibility for their teams than he ever has. Especially when he complied that record you trying to use as evidence.

Last edited:

Right but it still doesn't change the fact that the quarterbacks that you listed you would rather have Flacco over have so much more responsibility for their teams than he ever has. Especially when he complied that record you trying to use as evidence.

It's just my opinion based on what I've seen. At least respect that like I'll respect yours (however wrong I think you are). Personally, I've seen Joe shred the Steelers up last year & our D was at least statistically #1 (last year). Joe's failures and or short comings are tied to that awful o-line of his. Barring any injury, I think he's primed for more success post season in the next year or two...Torrey Smith is developing into such a good receiver & those TEs....

I gotta hand it to **** Jauron. He had that defense playing pretty tough last night. Makes you wonder what it would've looked like with Haden back there. Good to see Ray Rhodes in the booth sitting next to ****. Guess Holmgren likes getting all the old gang back as much as he can...

Last edited:

It's just my opinion based on what I've seen. At least respect that like I'll respect yours (however wrong I think you are). Personally, I've seen Joe shred the Steelers up last year & our D was at least statistically #1 (last year). Joe's failures and or short comings are tied to that awful o-line of his. Barring any injury, I think he's primed for more success post season in the next year or two...Torrey Smith is developing into such a good receiver & those TEs....

I gotta hand it to **** Jauron. He had that defense playing pretty tough last night. Makes you wonder what it would've looked like with Haden back there. Good to see Ray Rhodes in the booth sitting next to ****. Guess Holmgren likes getting all the old gang back as much as he can...

Listen if you said based on what I've seen gimme Joe Flacco right now over the QB's you listed I never would have even replied but you brought up his "accomplishments" and post season record as if those things made him better than the QBs you listed.

Like I said Mark Sanchez has those exact same accomplishments.

keep putting your faith in him go head...oh yea how many total points did yall score in the playoff last year? dude couldnt get his team on the scoreboard one time, a total of 2 pts the whole game and that came from the defense...ninja talking bout QB rating after 3wks of football.
please point me in the direction of where Cam was crying bc i missed it.

I didt know we was still playing football games from last season...How many points did the panthers put up in the playoffs ? Sure wasnt more than the falcons....for the past few years you havent put up points in the playoffs...thats right because you dont make the playoffs...

Can your team even put up 10 wins ? But the panthers will win the division right ? Running a college style offense right ? with that sorry a** defense right ?

We have some common ground Sneaker Pro!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom