NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no doubt...if I was Bruce Allen, I'd be taking a WR with my first pick in the 2nd round. Hopefully, it's Kelvin Benjamin. This WR class is beyond deep.

*Not for nothing, but I would like for this team to take a flyer on Kenny Britt.
One-year prove it contract for Britt, incentive laden. If the Jets pushing for Sanders rumors are true, he'll set a market point for Britt and Decker.

No one will ever forget Cortland being given the hands.

6a0120a6dde087970b01348994722a970c-pi

is the first thing I think of whenever I hear the name Cortland Finnegan. :lol:

Last edited:
Ward and Byrd ain't on the level of Kam and Earl.

You all were saying the same about Barron and Goldson last offseason.

Ward isn't as great as some of you are rating him. He's an old style SS, not great in coverage from what I understand.

Ward and Byrd ain't on the level of Kam and Earl.

You all were saying the same about Barron and Goldson last offseason.

Ward isn't as great as some of you are rating him. He's an old style SS, not great in coverage from what I understand.
Some were but most showed wisdom by believing Goldson and Barron are perhaps too similar. Both heavy hitters, less talented in coverage particularly Goldson. Ward and Byrd can provide similar balance, ying and yang to Kam and ET.

There's a *huge* difference between Byrd/Ward and Barron/Goldson. :lol: Barron/Goldson are almost twins. Byrd and ET are ELITE in coverage.

Last edited:
Earl Thomas is a very special player. He would shine on any team, in any scheme.

Kam is more of a system player IMO. For example, if you plugged him in the 49ers defense playing that high 2 shell the whole game he wouldn't be nearly as effective. Dude is the biggest strong safety ive ever seen. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
And I also swear last offseason there were people in here saying Tampa had the league's best secondary.

Prob got called a homer for denying it, too.

There's a *huge* difference between Byrd/Ward and Barron/Goldson. :lol: Barron/Goldson are almost twins. Byrd and ET are ELITE in coverage.

I love Byrd. I just don't think Ward is on that level.

Understandable. Ward isn't a scrub in coverage, he just excels at stopping the run. It's why I think a Byrd/Ward combo would be so great... elite cover guy and a run stopper. Might not be 'the best' tandem in the league, but damn if it wouldn't be fun to watch.

I would definitely support that move if they could get both. Has strong potential, especially if they can get a second corner (Browner might be out there...)

Last edited:
It's always scary when a team brings in that many bigtime FAs!

Let's remember the past here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom