NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carolina removed Smitty's jersey from the team's website store.

If he gets released, does he still get paid the remaining balance of his contract?

supposedly vontae davis is in contract talks with another team and is ready to sign as of tomorrow, i wouldnt be suprised if he signs with the 49ers, with his brother being there and them releasing rogers and letting brown walk...

Carolina has to pay Steve Smith even if they cut him so I'm not sure why they would.

Indy should have traded that 1st pick for Hakeem Nicks. Would have been a much better trade if they could get him to sign or something. Even if not, it still would have been better than Trent :lol:

Carolina has to pay Steve Smith even if they cut him so I'm not sure why they would.

Indy should have traded that 1st pick for Hakeem Nicks. Would have been a much better trade if they could get him to sign or something. Even if not, it still would have been better than Trent :lol:

I know you're joking but still :stoneface:

Last edited:
Joking about what? They gave Cleveland a first round pick for free. At least they would have had Nicks for the playoffs.

Obviously there's better players than both. The last page it was mentioned about Nicks going to Indy, I was just saying it would have been better than that Trent trade

Last edited:
Well now you're talking about that thing called hindsight sooooo yeah, why make any trades ever after the season has ended?

It was a bad trade from the start. Teams are devaluing running backs seems like every year and they just gave up a 1st for a back not named Adrian Peterson.

Just Irsay being full of himself.

It was a bad trade from the start. Teams are devaluing running backs seems like every year and they just gave up a 1st for a back not named Adrian Peterson.

Just Irsay being full of himself.
They overrate the talent on that roster and felt that would push them into elite status.

Kind of a weird statement from Verner:

"I would feel more obliged to go to a team that paid me $6 (million) or $7 (million) and made me one of the highest-paid players on the team," Verner explained, "than go to a team that paid me $8 (million) or $9 million and I wasn't one of the highest-paid players on the team."

It's an interesting sentiment that runs counter to the intuition of most players who relish the prospect of at least one big payday from a game which offers no promises of future financial security.

Chris Snee took a pay cut from 7.2 mil to 1.1 mil this upcoming season :wow:

Last edited:
Chris Snee took a pay cut from 7.2 mil to 1.1 mil this upcoming season
eek.gif
He would have been straight cut otherwise, right?  Father-in-law discount.
So verner wants to play for a ****** team?
Yeah I guess.  Or a really cheap team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom