NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have 30 replies per page still.  I have 20 like old NT.

I know no shots.
To add to that, how can you start a team and not take RGIII over any other QB in the league right now, including A-Rod.
Getting a little carried away with that one...
laugh.gif

You'd take RG3 over Peyton , TB12, Eli, Ben, Flacco , Ryan, Schaub, Cutler ?

Ohhhhh damn, you're right. I did change my layout since we made the switch.

And you're telling me...if you just started a new franchise, the Los Angeles Gold (lol) and you have first pick to draft a QB. Any QB in the league....and you're still taking Rodgers over Robert? I'm not so sure about that one. Is there a QB with a higher ceiling in the league? Maybe Tannenhill considering he was a WR two-three years ago.

And you're telling me...if you just started a new franchise, the Los Angeles Gold (lol) and you have first pick to draft a QB. Any QB in the league....and you're still taking Rodgers over Robert? I'm not so sure about that one. Is there a QB with a higher ceiling in the league? Maybe Tannenhill considering he was a WR two-three years ago.

c'mon man...RG over rodgers? you're gonna bet your franchise's first 5-10 years on six games by a rookie?

AG been watchin Carson Palmer too long, got his QB eyes outta whack a lil bit. :lol:

Ouch.

The way I see it though; 22 year old with all the potential in the world > Proven 30 year old Super Bowl winners. In a vacuum, building a franchise from scratch, I want a QB who will grow as the franchise grows. I'd bank on that potential. Yes, Tom Brady is better. Rodgers is better. Brees even. Eli too. Big Ben as well. But if you're drafting them on another team, all of their accomplishments no longer count going forward. It's what can you do for me today and the future. Just because you'd take the elite guys over RG3, does NOT mean you're guaranteed wins, let alone a SB. This kid is special and in all likelihood, will be the face of your franchise for the next 10-12 years. That's a solid return on your investment, whether he wins one or not.

Last edited:

Hell yeah. Rodgers aint even 30 yet.

I think RG is gonna be great in the future but slow down homie.

Last edited:
i could see it with over a brady or brees given their age. wouldn't agree with rodgers though.

Hell yeah. Rodgers aint even 30 yet.
I think RG is gonna be great in the future but slow down homie.

I hella thought he was in his early 30s.....he's an old 28 though *dead* ....I'll take my L. So Rodgers, then RG3? :lol:

Last edited:
There have been rumors that the Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins are talking about a possible deal.  Nothing has been confirmed but many think the centerpiece of any trade would involve Dwayne Bowe, who is in a contract year.

The Ravens found out they're dealing with yet another injury to a key member of their defense.
[h1]Ed Reed says he's playing with torn shoulder labrum[/h1]

Baltimore Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith said this week that he believed Ed Reed would fill the leadership void left by linebacker Ray Lewis.

Reed now appears to have serious injury issues of his own.

Reed said Wednesday during a radio interview with WJZ-FM in Baltimore that he has a torn labrum in his shoulder. The eight-time Pro Bowl safety said it's "maybe" affecting his play.

Reed didn't say which shoulder he injured or when he did it, according to The Baltimore Sun.
I said before the season I would be content if Denver was at least at .500 at the bye and for good reason.  The Broncos had the 5th toughest schedule through the first 6 games (.588); over the last 10 games they have the easiest schedule (.360).

Don't sleep on Weeden... ...................................
yeah, if he had better receivers we'd be hearing a lot more about him than other rookies right now. 

he's leading in yards between the rookie QB's and that's even with all the dropped passes and other mess ups from the WR's. 

Last edited:
I hella thought he was in his early 30s.....he's an old 28 though *dead* ....I'll take my L. So Rodgers, then RG3? :lol:

Son Drew Brees is 33 how are you gonna think Rodgers came in the league around the same time as him? Hell Brady is 35 and Rodgers wasn't even in the league during his 3rd Super Bowl. Brady is 35 and he played Kurt Warner on the Rams. Did you think Favre retired from the Packers a decade ago? Did you just start watching the NFL 3 years ago? :lol:

Last edited:
No reason to trade for Bowe, wait til offseason and sign him as a free agent. Keep your draft picks and add depth. #NoMelomistake

Not really an "old" 28 either...dude sat behind Favre for a few seasons.

And yes...I do think Vick is a horrible QB from a PASSING/decision making POV.

No Pennington didn't have a strong arm, Ponder does. Shoot some of Pennington's passes into the wind when he played with the Jets were kind of embarrassing to see from a pro QB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom