NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luck isn't in that elite group yet. I think he'll be there in 2-3 years. I never thought Brees was elite. Good QB but he plays in a dome and is half the QB outside and in the cold. Brees is also a few years younger while Brady and Peyton are making him look old.

This ******* guy :lol:

I've said numerous times Marvin is a top GM talent but average coach. His talent finding ability is great

Love how these Cowboys are constructed. Would not mike Romo getting a ring and getting people off his back. Only issue I have is the actual team :lol:

Maybe I'll get over it

Bengals @ Steelers next week for the AFC North crown.

The winner will also officially book a trip up to Foxborough for the 2015 regular season.
smokin.gif

Damn Richard Sherman said he's not sure if Patrick Peterson should be mentioned with he and Revis in the best corners discussion :lol:

btw i don't think russell is better than luck but i wouldn't put luck in the same category as rodgers/brady/manning yet. would like to see a deep playoff run (not necessarily win the super bowl)
I don't think Russell is better than Luck either.  I just think all the reasons people use to discredit him are ridiculous.

I only like poking fun at Luck because, like many heavily-hyped "future greats", he gets a lot of credit before he's earned it on the field.  LeBron James was the same way—and he eventually became one of the greatest players of all time.  But when you're a #1 pick people will look for ways to make excuse for your mistakes. 

This is pretty much how I feel. The amount of verbal fellatio he gets is disgusting, especially on TV. Announcers will just pour with passion before Luck even takes a snap. It's ridiculous. Lebron has gotten some of the same, but at least now he's 10+ years and can seriously be seen at a HOF'r one day. Luck is in his second year, has a couple comeback wins and everyone has their cheeks spread and ready. Good grief.

If the Browns beat the Ravens next week, and the Bengals beat the Steelers...

I "THINK" the Chargers would still sneak in as a wild card even if they lose to the Chiefs next Sunday....having both of thoSe AFC west teams take the wild card spots...

Right???

I need playoff scenario breakdowns asap :nerd:

Anyone :nerd:

Last edited:

I "THINK" the Chargers would still sneak in as a wild car even if they lose to the Chiefs next Sunday....

Right???

I need playoff scenario breakdowns asap
nerd.gif

Anyone
nerd.gif
No idea.  

You better hope Manziel is still injured.

Steelers definitely clinched so I don't see why you would want Bengals to beat them.

This is pretty much how I feel. The amount of verbal fellatio he gets is disgusting, especially on TV. Announcers will just pour with passion before Luck even takes a snap. It's ridiculous. Lebron has gotten some of the same, but at least now he's 10+ years and can seriously be seen at a HOF'r one day. Luck is in his second year, has a couple comeback wins and everyone has their cheeks spread and ready. Good grief.
The thing is, at least Luck has been really good in many ways.

The flip-side of the is Patrick Peterson, who has been borderline bad but still gets that benefit of the doubt because of his pre-draft hype.

Last edited:
Luck isn't in that elite group yet. I think he'll be there in 2-3 years. I never thought Brees was elite. Good QB but he plays in a dome and is half the QB outside and in the cold. Brees is also a few years younger while Brady and Peyton are making him look old.

I agree with the thought but not the reasoning. Luck definitely has the tools, he's a beast for sure. But it's just flat out wrong to put him in the same breath as Brady, Manning, ect. Those are accomplished guys in this league and quite frankly, he doesn't deserve to be mentioned with them. It's funny that people think otherwise tho.

He is a very good QB, the O-line is the real MVP of that offense.  Neither Romo or Murray would be having these years otherwise.

Check the numbers. Romo has had statistically better years than this one (more yards/tds) way before this line was thought of.

I'm just glad Darrelle Revis is finally getting his respect. Way too much questionable **** was said earlier this season without all the facts.

I heard he was 3rd in Pro Bowl voting behind Joe Haden though.
laugh.gif
Hopefully he won't have to worry about playing in that game...

Last edited:

I'm just glad Darrelle Revis is finally getting his respect. Way too much questionable **** was said earlier in the year without all the facts.

I heard he was 3rd in Pro Bowl voting behind Joe Haden though.
laugh.gif
Hopefully he won't have to worry about playing in that game...
Basically he's been down a couple years in a row and people were rightfully questioning if he would be able to come back from age/injuries.  He has been excellent this year though.

Give Browner some props too 
pimp.gif

Joe Haden is no PP but he has been a mixed bag this season.

Last edited:

I "THINK" the Chargers would still sneak in as a wild card even if they lose to the Chiefs next Sunday....having both of thoSe AFC west teams take the wild card spots...

Right???

You would want Cincy to lose both games. If they win tomorrow it wouldn't matter for SD purposes

Sunday night reactions :smokin

Right???

You would want Cincy to lose both games. If they win tomorrow it wouldn't matter for SD purposes

Sunday night reactions :smokin

In that case, let's go Broncos :smokin

And let's go Steelers next week :smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom