NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Lions fans and players are blaming the refs and not their punter, speaks directly to the futility of their franchise.
If the punter did his job and pinned us inside the 10yd line, their defense may have held us to a field goal.

@SneakerPro bro you weren't the dude in the Suh jersey that wouldn't shake my hand when I told him good game were you?

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out how Dez Bryant not having a helmet on during a dead ball supports an argument that Dallas was outplayed by the Lions.

That's why I been talking so much trash in here, cause Lions fans are sore losers, they want to win the game off of a player not having his helmet on during a dead ball instead of actually playing better than the competition.
a rule is a rule, that should've been 15 yards and a new set of downs. who knows what happens from there.

Yes but when you have a human element, and not robots, they use their judgment. At that point in time the right decision is to not make those kinds of calls because they have nothing to do with determining who the better football team is.

The fact that Lions fans and players are blaming the refs and not their punter, speaks directly to the futility of their franchise.
If the punter did his job and pinned us inside the 10yd line, their defense may have held us to a field goal.

@SneakerPro bro you weren't the dude in the Suh jersey that wouldn't shake my hand when I told him good game were you?

with new set of downs we wouldnt have had to punt....

i guess you didnt watch the game.

Offensive line holding can be called on every play of the game though. Those screenshots look like holding calls that are routinely missed. That goes both ways. Are you telling me that the Lions oline didn't hold anyone the entire game? No, these are just screenshots from salty Lions fans.

As for Dez, even the head of officiating said thats not an automatic penalty.

Nope Lions oline played with perfect form and technique. Remarkable stuff...

I'm fine if the refs do not call a PI there, but there was certainly a hold before the facemask was grabbed which was certainly missed, and then Dez not getting an unsportsman like conduct 15 yard penalty either. Don't understand what the refs were looking at during that entire sequence. Lions were marching.

I was at the game, and you helped prove my point.
Just can't let that call go can you :lol:
Here's how championship caliber franchises talk after a devastating loss (take notes):
"Maybe if we don't give up six sacks we wouldn't have to complain about that call"
"If we do a better job of getting them in third and long situations, and not give up four yards every first down we wouldn't be talking about the refs"
"As a premier tight end in this league I should find a way to make that catch no matter the circumstances and help my team get the win"
"I'm the leader of this team and it's up to me to protect the ball when I'm being sacked and not put the ball on the turf"

If yall need more examples let me know.

Yes, because a new set of downs would have stopped Romo from leading the Cowboys to a TD and Stafford from fumbling twice. Who knew that all the Lions needed was one first down and they all could have went home with 8 minutes left in the game.

'In Super Bowl XIII, Dallas CB Benny Barnes was flagged for pass interference when Lynn Swann fell down after their feet became tangled. The flag was thrown by an official who was on the other side of the field, and the official nearest the play signaled incomplete pass. The 33-yard penalty moved the ball from the Pittsburgh 44 to the Dallas 23. The Steelers scored a TD on that possession, and won the game by 4 points.

Two weeks later, commissioner Pete Rozelle sent a letter to Tex Schramm stating that the flag should never have been thrown. Because of this play, the NFL implemented the "incidental contact" rule the next season.'

Cowboys average 29pts a game
Lions average 20pts a game
Final score : Cowboys 24 Lions 20

Third down : Cowboys 6/14 Lions 4/11
Fourth down : Cowboys 2/2 Lions 0/1

Numbers don't lie

numbers dont lie alright
tv rating numbers dont either
nfl wants cowboys on tv they bring ratings

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/5/7496991/johnny-manziel-browns-night-club-drinks-thrown-houston

Johnny was involved in another incident over the weekend, according to a report from TMZ. The Browns' embattled rookie quarterback reportedly had drinks thrown on him by nightclub patrons in Houston after being heckled by the crowd, according to an area promotion company responsible for hosting the event.

Members of the public were yelling at Manziel and alleged to have tried to "aggressively take photos" with the quarterback when he became fed up and flipped off the hecklers. This escalated the situation and drinks were thrown at Manziel, at which point he and his entourage left Dekan nightclub.

"I ducked and I looked at Johnny and we grabbed security and they ran us out of there," J.R. told TMZ Sports.

Manziel reportedly left the club, but returned when he was informed by security that the people responsible for throwing drinks were made to leave.

This latest incident comes less than two weeks after an alleged party caused Manziel and teammate Josh Gordon to be late to a Browns team meeting. The fallout from that incident was a contrite Manziel saying he would need to "stop acting like a jackass" if he hoped to have his NFL career progress further.

The Browns organization has not issued a statement at this time regarding Manziel's incident in Cleveland. Houston police were not informed of the event at Dekan nightclub, but the altercation flies in the face of a warning issued to Manziel by the Browns to not be photographed in bars or clubs.

View media item 1337639View media item 1337637

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom