NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let' stop gassing Eli Manning.  I'd be interested to see where you ever see Eli Manning "gassed", at this point people are calling him for what he is.  An average regular season QB who when in the playoffs becomes a higher end QB.   I think what really needs to happen is the average NFL watcher needs to stop hating on the guy for his lineage and take for face value.   Dude also is coming off one of his better statistical seasons in his career in the 1st year of a new system.   I'm a Giants homer and will admit it but the guy has another 3-4-5 years left in him playing good football and you know teams at large don't want to see the guy in January.  Also know if he gets one more he's getting that jacket and all this discussion will mean nothing. 

Now if you could take parts of each Manning - Peyton (Regular Season)/ Eli (Post Season) 
pimp.gif

[COLOR=#red]All these head coaching movements and interviews and not one call into either of the college coaches I've mentioned. I really don't understand that... have fun with the same head coaches who have proven they cannot win or unknown coordinators. Don't understand. [/COLOR]

Let' stop gassing Eli Manning.  I'd be interested to see where you ever see Eli Manning "gassed", at this point people are calling him for what he is.  An average regular season QB who when in the playoffs becomes a higher end QB.   I think what really needs to happen is the average NFL watcher needs to stop hating on the guy for his lineage and take for face value.   Dude also is coming off one of his better statistical seasons in his career in the 1st year of a new system.   I'm a Giants homer and will admit it but the guy has another 3-4-5 years left in him playing good football and you know teams at large don't want to see the guy in January.  Also know if he gets one more he's getting that jacket and all this discussion will mean nothing. 

Now if you could take parts of each Manning - Peyton (Regular Season)/ Eli (Post Season) 
pimp.gif
Doesn't even need another ring to be honest. He's most likely going to to finish top 10 in most major passing stats and bundle that with his iron-man streak and Two rings. I'm going to enjoy all the complaining when he's selected 
smokin.gif

That's not fair to rivers to be compared to Eli. Lol.

If Eli had rivers career with his rings he'd be a HOF lock.

Perception isn't reality people. Eli manning is a below average Qb. I say this every offseason. I said it after his last Super Bowl run when you couldn't spell Elite with Eli.

Let's stop gassing this dude.

Where's the Eli overrated thread when u need it?!?!

How many rings would Eli have if he was in SD with all that talent? I'm guessing still more than Rivers. Why would there be an Eli overrated thread? He gets killed on NT every season, even when he has a good season.

Mad random but I love the new Richard Sherman beats commercial.

I just noticed they switched the topic of the trash talk in his head. Last week Jim Rome was talking general trash, this week he's talking packer specific trash 'they completely avoided him last time, what will he do when they come right at him'...

Mad random, I just thought that was some clever advertising. Seems like exactly the same ad on the surface, but has subtle differences.

Last edited:
I can't hate on Eli because when it mattered he stepped up

he beat an undefeated Pats juggernaut and another Pats team that was way more talented, he's the reason Brady isn't the consensus clear cut GOAT to some

If the Skins can pull this off....
@******** AdamSchefter Late entry into ********' defensive coordinator consideration is 49ers DC Vic Fangio, who's not returning to SF.
If Fangio is hired, then Dontell is coming along with him.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
definitely looks like theyre starting the off season in the right direction.

Tuck and that front 4 would like to have a talk with you.

THEYRE the reason.

One year our defense was ranked 10-15 somewhere and the other year it was like 23 or 26. So none of that was Eli in the post season, all credit goes to the front four in 07 and 11. Not to mention our awful group of LBs each of those season and average corners.

Last edited:
NFL.com All-Rookie Team:

Quarterback: Teddy Bridgewater, Minnesota Vikings
Running back: Jeremy Hill, Cincinnati Bengals; Tre Mason, St. Louis Rams
Wide receiver: Odell Beckham Jr., New York Giants; Mike Evans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers; Sammy Watkins, Buffalo Bills
Tight end: Jace Amaro, New York Jets
Offensive tackle: Ja'Wuan James, Miami Dolphins; Jake Matthews, Atlanta Falcons
Offensive guard: Zack Martin, Dallas Cowboys; Joel Bitonio, Cleveland Browns
Center: Bryan Stork, New England Patriots
Defensive lineman: Aaron Donald, St. Louis Rams; Timmy Jernigan, Baltimore Ravens; Justin Ellis, Oakland Raiders
Outside linebacker: Anthony Barr, Minnesota Vikings; Khalil Mack, Oakland Raiders
Inside linebacker: C.J. Mosley, Baltimore Ravens; Chris Borland, San Francisco 49ers
Cornerback: Kyle Fuller, Chicago Bears; Bashaud Breeland, Washington ********
Safety: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Green Bay Packers; Deone Bucannon, Arizona Cardinals
Kicker: Chandler Catanzaro, Arizona Cardinals
Punter: Pat O'Donnell, Chicago Bears
Returner: De'Anthony Thomas, Kansas City Chiefs

:pimp:

Killing me with the front 4 business, I agree the D had a lot to do with stopping the Pats in '07.  That defensive 4 was ungodly good, but as a I recall, they couldn't make a play in the 4th with about 2+ to go.   As I recall, Eli Manning took the ball down the field against an undefeated football team, in the biggest game of his life, and put a dime on Plax to win an NFL Title...............................

OH, and then he did it again. Not once, but twice.   Go look at those to 4-0 playoff runs and his numbers, keep telling me it was all cause of the front 4.  The same front 4 that 1) retired before the second time Eli put TB12 to nappy time and  2) had two of its other members go other places and not even get on the field in a meaningful way (understand age played a part but still). 

Eagles fans giving the guy credit where due, but the Star ignorance remains.  

If the Skins can pull this off....
@******** AdamSchefter Late entry into ********' defensive coordinator consideration is 49ers DC Vic Fangio, who's not returning to SF.

If Fangio is hired, then Dontell is coming along with him. :pimp: :pimp:

definitely looks like theyre starting the off season in the right direction.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 7m7 minutes ago

After the Skins finalize things with Callahan, they retain interest in free agent coaches Vic Fangio and Ed Donatell on other side of ball

*Saw Breeland was on the all-rookie team. This kid has the tools to be an absolute star in this league at CB. Skins need to do him and the defense right, and get a DB coach in here *cough* donatell *cough* who can maximize his talents.

Maybe because his brother (Peyton) is a robot people expect eli to be that type of QB?

Give me playoffs/Superbowl wins over a sick regular season/stats any day.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

From Matt Birk’s memo on the veteran combine, veteran FAs will participate in position-specific drills, timing and testing for 32 teams.

This is an AMAZING idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom