NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Kubiak hires a good defensive coordinator, need my RAIDERS to get a good HC 3 years from now.

It's easy to go back and rip him now.

But what happens if he takes it and runs and gets stripped and they get the back right then and there?

I remember people ripping that cowboys DE for trying to pick up the ball instead of just falling on it.

[COLOR=#red]What if he runs it back and scores a TD?
What if he takes three steps and tears his ACL?
What if he gets it inside the 10?
What if he gets it inside the 20?
What if Seattle lets him score?

Can't what if this one man. Too many variables.[/COLOR]

What if Russell Wilson strips him and runs it back for a touchdown himself?  What if it was all part of god's plan?

B70c14vCQAA_B2R.jpg

It's easy to go back and rip him now.

But what happens if he takes it and runs and gets stripped and they get the back right then and there?

I remember people ripping that cowboys DE for trying to pick up the ball instead of just falling on it.
As someone who watches and comments on as much football as you do, I cant fathom how you think a player trying to pickup a ball in traffic instead of falling on it and a player who already has the ball running down a wide open field are the same thing.

What happens if he gets stripped?  By who?  There was NO ONE in front of him.  And even if someone does get in front of him eventually, slide then!  He would have at least gotten his team in field goal range.

there was no reason for him to go down with 5 min left . no reason .

it just goes to the Packers thinking they had the game wrapped up way too early . you can even tell in the way they were celebrating the pick

Last edited:
perhaps he might have thought someone was right behind him that and someone looking at him and able to see the backside told him to get down? no idea why peppers signaled him to go down though

Peppers signaled him down
I thought I saw this to in the game and on the replay. I was wondering why no one mentioned it.

Dude getting a lot of flack, but from my memory (although it's quite bad), Peppers looked like he had a role in getting him down...?

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]What if he runs it back and scores a TD?
What if he takes three steps and tears his ACL?
What if he gets it inside the 10?
What if he gets it inside the 20?
What if Seattle lets him score?

Can't what if this one man. Too many variables.[/COLOR]

Exactly.

It is what it is.

You can't blame the packers loss on that one play.

It was a perfect storm of events mixed with the packers playing not to lose Rather then to win.

[COLOR=#red]100% agree.[/COLOR]

GB could've you know just run their regular offense and could've at least tried to get a 1st down instead of running 3 straight dives.

But yea Burnett started the collapse.

Oh my God.........................

Here is the all 22 folks.......

View media item 1361961

View media item 1361962

MULTIPLE blockers, and all he had in front were slow lineman, and Russ. NO ONE was comin from behind to get him. That entire side of the field was open. He could even step out at any point he felt unsafe.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW. :smh:

Peppers and Ha Ha to lead the way, 1 lineman even at the hash mark, and he goes down. WOW.
Unreal.  Said it right when it happened.  This was THE biggest play of the game which allowed the Seahawks to come back.

Unbelievable :smh:

Just as egregious, IMO, was McCarthy's reluctance to go at Sherman EVERY play after he dislocated his elbow. Should have run to that side...thrown jump balls, etc. ANYTHING to make Sherman either try to tackle or raise his arm (which he couldn't do). Packers had a major advantage and didn't do anything about it.

It's unfathomable in the fashion in which the Packers lost. I still can't believe it 2 days later.

Unbelievable
mean.gif

Just as egregious, IMO, was McCarthy's reluctance to go at Sherman EVERY play after he dislocated his elbow. Should have run to that side...thrown jump balls, etc. ANYTHING to make Sherman either try to tackle or raise his arm (which he couldn't do). Packers had a major advantage and didn't do anything about it.

It's unfathomable in the fashion in which the Packers lost. I still can't believe it 2 days later.
I honestly think Sherman was overplaying it a bit and trying to bait for a pass. They did rarely throw to him all game though. I guess they've could ran it at him, but Seattle LB's do a very good job of tackling east and west.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom