NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they still planning on cutting/trading CP? 

Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora3m3 minutes ago
Spoke to Cordarelle Patterson's agent who has been in close contact w/MIN. Rumors of Patterson being shopped are patently false Branion said

all that could change come draft night.

Daaaaaaamn. Only got a 5th round pick back. Better than nothing I suppose.

Hope he chills on the deep ball drops...

Can't be having Teddy look bad out here 
mean.gif
Teddy got great touch on them deep ones. Something Tannehill struggles with.

Are they still planning on cutting/trading CP? 
Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora3m3 minutes ago
Spoke to Cordarelle Patterson's agent who has been in close contact w/MIN. Rumors of Patterson being shopped are patently false Branion said

all that could change come draft night.
Hmm Teddy's gonna have some nice weapons should he stick around,might just make AP rethink about leaving 

I'm seeing most of last seasons non playoff teams making a ton of solid moves in the right direction except for the Jags...the hell are doing with all that cap space?

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 I don't know who would but money usually talks,just surprised they haven't done more with all that $.

Just a 5th round pick???? Woooooow
laugh.gif
I think his cap hit is minimal this year because the Dolphins are eating something like 9-9.5m in dead cap hit, but from what I know, his contract hasn't been restructured yet, so he's goona hit their cap pretty hard next year. Essentially, it was so cheap, because the Vikings also have to take on his contract. Dude said he would be okay with taking a minor pay cut prior to being traded, but he's not worth anything close to what he's getting paid right now imo.

Last edited:
not a stevie johnson fan to be honest. but he does have big play ability so i guess it's a plus
He's not the sexiest deep target but he still has that explosive ability and I mostly remember that he's cooked Revis almost each time they've matched up against each other :lol: . Wouldn't be a bad add imo and it gives more depth. 

He used to eat on Sherman too. Thats why I was scared when the 49ers got him. But then I realized who the QB was

The Suh contract ain't a joke.
They pretty much had to get rid of Wallace financially, whether they liked him or not.

He was gonna get moved regardless it sounds like, Suh or no Suh.

Remember, Suh is on the cap this year for like 6 million, that's it. Wallace was on the cap for 10 for the next 3 years. :lol:

I was kinda hopin they would give it a go with Wallace, Landry, Stills, Matthews, but look what they also just did.

Who has Minny been linked too all offseason? White, Parker, or Cooper. WR. Now? They likely don't have that need.

And there we are at 14. Who could be available to us? The leftover WR that Minny may no longer take.

(or, perhaps, Miami waits until round 2-4 to grab another wideout.)

Add to that, we likely re-sign Charles Clay now, and go with a heavy 3 TE group with him, Cameron, and Dion Sims. Helps our run and pass game, ala the old Pats.

And I wonder if one of those extra 5th rounders now go to Philly for Evan Mathis? :nerd:

I think the Wallace deal is good for both parties. Is he changing his contract at all for Minny though?

They also need line help.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero

One more thing I'm hearing on Mike Wallace traded to Minny: No, he's not thrilled by it.
Dianna Marie Russini@NBCdianna

Reggie Bush left New England without an offer per sources. #Patriots
After checking numbers, Dolphins  take on 6m dead cap hit, saved 3.85m on the cap this season by getting rid of Wallace. Dude counting 11.5m against the cap next season, my god. MIN better restructure (if he's willing) or release. In retrospect, good trade for the Dolphins to get rid of that contract.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom