NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think RGIII fits in like those other guys
Even bad RG3 is a hell of a lot better than Weeden, Gabbert or Tebow

I don't know

Its seems like for whatever reason you see some Black quarterbacks that you think would be capable backups not really get that chance after starting...Brooks, McNabb, Garrard, Young, Quincy Carter, Lemon and Gray

Last edited:
I'm not talking about them being starters

I'm talking about them being good enough to be backups

McNabb was decent enough to be a stopgap backup

Age may have dulled teams interest though

Last edited:
Brooks was no worse than Weeden, Gabbert or Tebow

Weeden doesn't even have the age excuse :lol:

I'm saying these dudes were great quarterbacks at all but there's some trash quarterbacks who've had bad years but yet keep getting recycled as backups

Last edited:
taken from twitter...

View media item 1500538
russ with the upgrade

200x200px-ZC-edce6823_TO_crying.jpeg

taken from twitter...

View media item 1500538
russ with the upgrade

200x200px-ZC-edce6823_TO_crying.jpeg

:lol: Sunglasses indoor for Russ now? Supposedly dating Ciara? Homie about to take a heel turn in the eyes of some folks :lol:

Since we're talking over/under, what's it gonna be for the # of illegitimate children stories he's gonna have this year? 2...3??

As far as RG3, it's going to take nothing short of a miracle for him to be on the roster after this year. Like it was mentioned in the article, his problems are not physical. It's EVERYTHING having to do with the mental aspect of the game.

Brady a g for this one:

“@JeffDarlington: Pretty funny. Griffin told me Brady politely refused to give him advice during joint practices. “Not until my career is done, Rob,” he said.”

He's brought his upon himself IMO.

Did he really though?

He had that quote that was kinda taken out of context, even by his own coach.. Who seemed to kinda want an opportunity to jump down his throat

But other than that it's stuff like this:

View media item 894275

But I blame Snyder more.. And skip bayless

Last edited:
I kind of feel bad for RG3, everybody seems to dislike him

He's brought his upon himself IMO.

Hopefully he has the mental make up to overcome it.

With the way the Skins are trying to reshape the roster (and daily operations), you'd have to think that RG3 is on notice. Scot Mccloughan doesn't play games. I think RG3 knows that this is his last chance to enter training camp being #1 on the depth chart. If he fizzles this year, he'll be a backup for seasons to come.

Like I said, I have doubts about him because he seems fried mentally. It would be a great story if he could turn things around and become the franchise QB the team envisioned. However, it's all on him to put in the time in the film room so he can translate it on to the field when it counts.

It's crazy to think of his decline since 2012. Being injured is one thing...however, looking like you've never played a down of football in your life is another.

*edit*

He's a goofball...but that has ZERO to do with his decline. If anything, it was his lack of preparation that did him in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom