NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he really above average though? I mean look at what he did with arguably the most weapons on offense outside of Mile High last year 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
i guess man, ive watched the dude twice a year since hes been in ATL. he has to be the most overrated qb in the league.

i understand its a team game, but with the weapons hes had his whole career. he just cant get it done.

Last edited:
is he above average? yeah

is he meh? very

it's hard to win if you don't have a top tier QB

Falcons, Matty Ice slander :smh:

We're not taking Gurley. If not a pass rusher then I'd take a OL before taking Gurley.

3 more days :smokin

What OL is worth it at 8? switching to a zone blocking scheme, there are linemen ore suited to our scheme later in the draft.. I don't think for sure we are taking Gurley, but theres a good chance Folwer, Beasley , Ray, Gregory are all gone before we pick..

Gregory will definitely be there. Shane Ray too probably. Beasley is a bust waiting to happen.

not sold on Beasley

Ray will slip because of the toe injury but he's gonna be a steal when he gets healthy

Rookie RGIII was amazing though. :pimp:

The play against Minny. :wow: :x :pimp:

I remember watching that live in disbelief, I thought he was gonna be everything Mike Vick couldn't and save that horribly named franchise. :smh:

I feel like he can still be starter, just not in Washington.

Damn, so if he's healthy they can cut him after the season and not pay him anything at all. If he's injured into the offseason, the full 16 mil is guaranteed. I wonder what the date is when it's guaranteed. Pretty crazy though.

What OL is worth it at 8? switching to a zone blocking scheme, there are linemen ore suited to our scheme later in the draft.. I don't think for sure we are taking Gurley, but theres a good chance Folwer, Beasley , Ray, Gregory are all gone before we pick..
What aboout Dupree? I just can't get down with taking Gurley when our defense is terrible and our OL is below average.

Rookie RGIII was amazing though.
pimp.gif

The play against Minny.
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

I remember watching that live in disbelief, I thought he was gonna be everything Mike Vick couldn't and save that horribly named franchise.
mean.gif

I feel like he can still be starter, just not in Washington.
His rookie season has definitely become underrated on here.

All this "everyone was wide open" talk is bs, the guy played amazing for a rookie.

His rookie season has definitely become underrated on here.

All this "everyone was wide open" talk is bs, the guy played amazing for a rookie.

I agree.
Revisionist history. Perception.. I blame a few different things.

Yea the offense made it easier on him, leaving him with 1-2 reads..but that's where it stops for me, dude made some amazing plays.

Thanksgiving game. Vikings game. Giants game. Bucs..that's just off the type of my head..dude had some pure filthy moments that season.

problem is his rookie season doesn't really mean a whole lot if he becomes a one year wonder which is where he stands right now

problem is his rookie season doesn't really mean a whole lot if he becomes a one year wonder which is where he stands right now
No doubt.  Not relevant to his future.  Injury and mental issues may have doomed him forever.

That thanksgiving game against the Cowboys is one of the greatest performances I've ever seen from a rookie QB,he straight up wrecked the Cowboys almost single handedly 
sick.gif
. Had me calling him RG4 for that week 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I agree that I dont see how the Skins could pick up his 5th year option at this point. Hes not worth a 16 mill for one season.

When is Snyder going to learn to stop paying people based on years prior?

RG3 just capitalized off of the read-option offense(gimmick), same as Kaepernick. Defenses figured it out.

Yup. Gimmick offense, gimmick year. First time defenses were really dealing with that. Bob hasn't had any success since for a reason.

I agree that I dont see how the Skins could pick up his 5th year option at this point. Hes not worth a 16 mill for one season.

It's not a bad move.

If he's healthy, they can cut him for nothing next season.

If he's injured, it's guaranteed BUT that 16 mil is cheaper than the franchise tag if they decided to keep him.

So you're rolling the dice because he was born injured.

And they will cut him before '16 if it doesn't work out this season. Simple as that.

If, for some reason, he has a crazy good year...he's back in '16 and gets paid.

Picking up the option is almost like a insurance policy. Skins covering their bases.

Personally, I don't have much faith in RG3, so I think he and the team will part ways after the season.

RG3 just capitalized off of the read-option offense(gimmick), same as Kaepernick. Defenses figured it out.

Yep I tried to tell all my fam this. After the first year that nonsense one read and fire won't work in the league.

I knew Snyder and RG3 were tight but damn lol. RG3 has to prove that he can actually stay healthy and still hasn't improved since his 1st year. Dude is 5-20 the last 2 years. He lit it up his rookie year but people need to let that go. He hasn't been healthy and he hasn't played with any confidence since.

How does ray get popped for Marijuana and claim to that he didn't follow that route on espn show lol smh dummy

Last edited:
What aboout Dupree? I just can't get down with taking Gurley when our defense is terrible and our OL is below average.

I like Dupree but at 8 though? He's really raw. A freak athlete, put up #s close to that of Clowney in the combine, so I could live with it. Would hope to trade down and grab an extra pick though and still take Dupree if possible.

Shane Ray got arrested earlier today for marijuana possession so that knocks his stock down a little bit. Him and Gregory will now be there for us if we want them. Just depends on if our front office is gonna Mind taking the "risk" associated with taking either one top 10.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom