NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admire the confidence. I've got it GB, Detroit, Chicago, Minny. But only really confident in Packers winning the division by two games or so. Two through four can be close.

No faith in the Bears? That offense should be scary this year. In the NFC, outside the top two teams, Seattle and San Francisco, any team can make some noise. Other than the east teams.

No faith in the Bears? That offense should be scary this year. In the NFC, outside the top two teams, Seattle and San Francisco, any team can make some noise. Other than the east teams.
Not the biggest Jay Cutler supporter offensively. Defensively, their LB corps hasn't been the same since Urlacher retired. More importantly, CB was addressed but not their weak safety play. In a division with Aaron Rodgers and Matty Stafford.

Atlanta and Cleveland could swing their W-L total the most from 2013 to 2014.

NFC south is the most hot and cold division in football so I can definitely see Atlanta. Cleveland I'm not too sure about. Do you have that much faith in Brian Hoyer or Manziel? Moreover, they have no offensive weapons. Their defensive backfield is going to be disgusting though. I think Gilbert is going to be a stud and Whitner has improved in coverage every year and I don't think any thing needs to be said about Haden, he's a stud. The Steelers are going to be better, the Ravens are going to be better and the Bengals are going to win that division. Cleveland is a year or two away from being a real contender in the AFC

NFC south is the most hot and cold division in football so I can definitely see Atlanta. Cleveland I'm not too sure about. Do you have that much faith in Brian Hoyer or Manziel? Moreover, they have no offensive weapons. Their defensive backfield is going to be disgusting though. I think Gilbert is going to be a stud and Whitner has improved in coverage every year and I don't think any thing needs to be said about Haden, he's a stud. The Steelers are going to be better, the Ravens are going to be better and the Bengals are going to win that division. Cleveland is a year or two away from being a real contender in the AFC
My money is on Terrance West and the defense. I don't feel any of the four teams in the AFC North are far, far superior than the others. Any one team can separate themselves from the pack with a hot streak or good run. Pittsburgh's offensive line, Baltimore's rushing attack and Flacco's growth post-SB, Cincy replacing Zim, Cleveland's QB play and Josh Gordon absence.

eek.gif
sick.gif
, I hope that wasn't my dude Desir playing d

Admire the confidence. I've got it GB, Detroit, Chicago, Minny. But only really confident in Packers winning the division by two games or so. Two through four can be close.
mean.gif
at the nfc east slander. The giants won a superbowl every time lebron lost the finals so 
nerd.gif

:smh: at the nfc east slander. The giants won a superbowl every time lebron lost the finals so :nerd:
Every team in the division can make a run at the NFC. RG3 and Morris are popular bounce-back candidates. Reed is going to feast and D-Jax is an added weapon to the attack. Their question is defense, but young guys like Amerson will get better. Dallas is dealing with Lee's injury and you never know which Romo you'll get when the pressure's on. Eagles are in danger of a trap year, possible Foles regression. Safety play must improve. G-Men had one of the best offseasons in the entire NFL, kudos to Reese. Although I thought OBJ was a reach because of my faith in Randle and Jernigan. Moore and Hankins should contribute shortly. Loss of Joseph is hard to replace not to mention Tuck's presence in the locker room.

Giants are going to win that division. ******** and Cowboys have putrid defenses and the eagles aren't that great either.

Now onto relevant teams, I really wish the Niners would make a run at Brandon Flowers. We could use the CB help. I'm guessing we're comfortable with Jimmy Ward at the nickel and Brock and Cook as our outside corners. Our front 7 masks our secondary anyway I suppose.

Zim is building a defense in Minny. Vikes should pay, take a chance on B. Flo. Munnerlyn isn't the answer. I guarantee either James or Exum has a long-term impact for the VIkings. Exum has the versatility to play corner or safety, just often hit with the injury bug. James has smooth hips and good with change-of-direction. Also, Derex Cox is in rebound mode to prove his J-Ville form. Show us that one year in San Diego was a fluke.

I could be wrong but I thought the Vikings were going to a press heavy scheme.

If they are Flowers ain't built for that.

Any sources out there that talk about how many undrafted free agents were on rosters in 2013? :nerd:

The smartest will craft their defense around what their talent is. And Brandon Flowers is a talent. Go get him. Due to injuries, at the end of last year the Vikings had Chris Cook, Josh Robinson, and the Ed Monnix washing machine starting at corner.

They could potentially, possibly, go into 2014 with Xavier Rhodes, Captain Munnerlyn, and Brandon Flowers. And Harrison Smith is ready for a breakout year (decapitation-wise).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom