NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell up.

Overrated is the most misused word on here...

:lol: at your requirements for him to not be "overrated"

****. Outta. Here.

say what you want about peyton but the NFL is only as big as it is now because of him
you couldn't be more wrong....... NFL is and always has been bigger then one player....if there never was a peyton manning in the nfl it's still just as big as it currently is...

Last edited:
Stafford will go down as the GOAT

cue it

Matt Stafford just turned 27 yesterday.

Barring catastrophic injury he's going to retire as the highest paid player NFL history and he will have thrown for the most yards maybe emm most touchdowns.

And I'll be here claiming he's the GOAT. :smokin

Matt Stafford just turned 27 yesterday.

Barring catastrophic injury he's going to retire as the highest paid player NFL history and he will have thrown for the most yards maybe emm most touchdowns.

And I'll be here claiming he's the GOAT. :smokin

The new carson Palmer.

King of empty stats.

you couldn't be more wrong....... NFL is and always has been bigger then one player....if there never was a peyton manning in the nfl it's still just as big as it currently is...

thats a really good point

for example:

baseball i think of babe ruth
basketball i think of michael jordan
hockey - gretzky
but football......i can't determine one name for the slot....is there a babe ruth or michael jordan of football...imo no j brown - no

Last edited:
I think of Barry bonds when I hear baseball

But jerry rice is probably the closest thing in football

I think of Barry bonds when I hear baseball

But jerry rice is probably the closest thing in football

"the babe ruth of"

"the barry bonds of"

nah

though i feel bonds may be the best hitter ever he doesn't have near the pop culture status as ruth

which is my point of discussion

Yea 40yrs ago

Nobody calls anyone the babe Ruth of anything MJ took that spot

between steroids and the home run crown I don't see how you'd be thinking babe Ruth unless you're 40+ But I'm 27 and its either bonds or jeter when I think of baseball

I don't watch hockey.
Gretzky is hockey.

Last edited:
Yea 40yrs ago

Nobody calls anyone the babe Ruth of anything MJ took that spot

between steroids and the home run crown I don't see how you'd be thinking babe Ruth unless you're 40+ But I'm 27 and its either bonds or jeter when I think of baseball

well i'm not 40+ so ya

Peyton definitely had a positive impact on the NFL and casual fans. Silly to dismiss it even with the league overall being popular with or without him

The NFL is way bigger than Manning

The NFL would still be super popular without him

Not many people just tune into games to see Peyton play.

Peyton's not even best quarterback of his generation

If the same folks in here dismiss the undefeated stories of QBs in the SBs then how are you discrediting Peyton Manning then?!?!

The NFL would obviously still be popular if you take away any one player. But to discredit the popularity of any player using that argument is far too simple. The league depends on these characters and players, and while one individual may not make or break the league they all contribute to its popularity in a certain level; some more than others. Guys like TB and Peyton obviously have a greater effect

The NFL is greater than one player :lol:. You don't say?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom