NFL :ESPN's Top 25 players this decade

Waaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiit a cot damn second...dudes in hear seriously saying Vick belongs when Donavan F. McNabb ISN'T EVEN ON THE LIST himself?!
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Roethlisberger shouldn't be on that list. Average QB but the rings def. helped.

eek.gif
"Average QB?" I'm sorry but I have to address this -I'm not the biggest fan of Big Ben to say the least but the guy is clutch and has been easily one of the best QBs in the league. I know he benefits from avery strong defense but you can't take away the rings or anything else Ben has achieved while in Pittsburgh.

there's no doubt Adrian Peterson has special God Given ability and crazy talent, but he has ALOT of help from that OLine
I can rock with that, pretty similar to what I said earlier. Didn't know you were so tough on AD.

McNabb should have been there
I'm on the fence about this - I could easily make an argument for him belonging but at the same time there's a lot of reasons why Donovandoesn't belong too. It's hard to say as an Eagles fan and all but as clutch as Big Ben has been in big games, McNabb has been just the opposite for themost part.

I'm a homer so maybe I should stay out of this, but AD should not yet be labeled overrated. Give it time to see if his production slides once some problemsarise from his O-line. They did lose Birk this year however, so we'll see what impact that has, but many of the old folks I talk to about Peterson say hewarrants definite comparisons to guys like Earl Campbell and Walter Payton. That means something to me.

His style of running won't exactly suggest he is someone to make defenders miss, but when you can run through your opponent or flat out burn 'em thenwhat's it matter so early in his career? I think the key issue with AD is his fumbling, but that can be fixed. What worries me more, is if his body canhold up for about 6 more years to give him time to see exactly where he fits as a great RB. Jury is still out in my opinion, but he shouldn't be labeledoverrated yet....By any means.

. I know he benefits from a very strong defense but you can't take away the rings or anything else Ben has achieved while in Pittsburgh.

Sure you can... just log into NT everyday and watch how they do it.
laugh.gif
Can you imagine if Ben played for the Falcons and led them to two superbowl rings? jetpac would be in here saying dude was the messiah, the greatest athleteof all time... oh my god, I'd have to off myself.. swear to god.

By the way - how'd you get that name approved?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I'm a homer so maybe I should stay out of this, but AD should not yet be labeled overrated.

but he shouldn't be labeled overrated yet....By any means.
who's been saying that he's overrated?
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Season[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Rushing[/td] [td]Receiving[/td] [td]Fumbles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]Att[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Lng[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]Rec[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Lng[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]FUM[/td] [td]Lost[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td]Minnesota Vikings[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]363[/td] [td]1,760[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [td]67T[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]125[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]Minnesota Vikings[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]238[/td] [td]1,341[/td] [td]5.6[/td] [td]73T[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]268[/td] [td]14.1[/td] [td]60T[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td] [td]601[/td] [td]3,101[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]393[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]60[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][/table]
unless people are saying that he's one of the greatest RB of all time... and i have heard none of this talk... then how can the man beoverrated...

the majority of great backs have had above average OLines...

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

you cling to your favorite player's nuts like an 8 year-old girl does a teen-beat magazine star.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
More like YOU cling to MY nuts like an 8 year-old girl does ateen-beat magazine star. Everytime I post, here you come to hop on...
eyes.gif

Need proof?

Can you imagine if Ben played for the Falcons and led them to two superbowl rings? jetpac would be in here saying dude was the messiah, the greatest athlete of all time... oh my god, I'd have to off myself.. swear to god.
There you go again with my .....name in your mouth. Damn near made you cry when I said you didn't need to respond...
eyes.gif

..Gone tell me Vick shouldn't be on the list but Shaun Alexander bum @*# is up there... $@!% boy go play with your pooches

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I'm a homer so maybe I should stay out of this, but AD should not yet be labeled overrated.

but he shouldn't be labeled overrated yet....By any means.
who's been saying that he's overrated?
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Season[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Rushing[/td] [td]Receiving[/td] [td]Fumbles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]Att[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Lng[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]Rec[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Lng[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]FUM[/td] [td]Lost[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td]Minnesota Vikings[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]363[/td] [td]1,760[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [td]67T[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]125[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]Minnesota Vikings[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]238[/td] [td]1,341[/td] [td]5.6[/td] [td]73T[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]268[/td] [td]14.1[/td] [td]60T[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td] [td]601[/td] [td]3,101[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]393[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]60[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][/table]
unless people are saying that he's one of the greatest RB of all time... and i have heard none of this talk... then how can the man be overrated...

the majority of great backs have had above average OLines...

Did u not just see a NTer say he is one of the greatest RBs he has seen

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

you cling to your favorite player's nuts like an 8 year-old girl does a teen-beat magazine star.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
More like YOU cling to MY nuts like an 8 year-old girl does a teen-beat magazine star. Everytime I post, here you come to hop on...
eyes.gif

Need proof?

Can you imagine if Ben played for the Falcons and led them to two superbowl rings? jetpac would be in here saying dude was the messiah, the greatest athlete of all time... oh my god, I'd have to off myself.. swear to god.
There you go again with my .....name in your mouth. Damn near made you cry when I said you didn't need to respond...
eyes.gif

..Gone tell me Vick shouldn't be on the list but Shaun Alexander bum @*# is up there... $@!% boy go play with your pooches

ics2m8.gif

Never even realized Mcnabb isn't on the list. I strongly dislike him and the Eagles but damn, wasn't it like 5 NFC title games? BTW Jetpac never saidRomo or any Cowboy should be on the list.

Did u not just see a NTer say he is one of the greatest RBs he has seen

if you're referring to me, uhh... no. that's not what i said.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Statis22

Somewhat random but does any of the posters who thought Shaun Alexander was overrated think Adrian Peterson is too?

POW!
uh huh

DOWNTOWN43
Originally Posted by Statis22

Somewhat random but does any of the posters who thought Shaun Alexander was overrated think Adrian Peterson is too?
no, because we actually watch football.

Peterson, after 2 seasons, is one of the best runners i have ever seen.

Lets address some fun points,
is it safe to say AD is running behind the best OL in the game right now? I say yes
How many times have you seen him have to make guys miss behind the LOS ? I havent seen many if any
Every run he makes he doesnt see bodies til the next level... truuu
is it a coincident Chester Taylor avg's 5.4 yards/carry behind that same line 2 yrs ago when he got carries (beat his highest ypc by about 1.5 yards )? I dunno yall tell me

there's no doubt Adrian Peterson has special God Given ability and crazy talent, but he has ALOT of help from that OLine

and not even touching on his HUGE fumbling problem.

happy.gif

i never said Peterson was the God-RB. yes, he has help from his o-line. and yes, he has fumbling problems. but the guy rushes for 3,000+ yards inhis first 2 seasons and he's overrated? think about what you're saying.

the fact that Peterson came out of college, did what he did, and STILL has people calling him overrated at 23 years old is just sad. most people who watchfootball say that Peterson probably has the most upside of any RB in the game.. but for some reason a couple people have to be different and call himoverrated.. i dunno
ohwell.gif

i know you try to be the "voice of reason" on here or whatever, but it gets to be over the top sometimes. you will call out Adrian Peterson, Ed Reed,etc and then go on to hype up Fred Taylor and Reggie Nelson
laugh.gif

yup but under yall logic Shaun Alexander aint $+%# but AD is... he's benefitting from the same OLine adv as Alexander.. alexander had a 5 yr stretch ofincredible numbers topped by 1800 yards , but U will be the first to
laugh.gif
and co-sign him not being a good RB.

AD is Overated if u say he's one of the best RBs uve ever seen... U cant see that? sorry for you.
and when have I ever said Fred Taylor or Reggie nelson are the best players Ive seen at their positions? tell me this... thanks.

and tell me when i "call out Ed Reed"
laugh.gif
I thought u were more intelligent than that. just cus I refuse to call Ed Reed the greatest DB ever toplay the game Im calling him out? HA!

I guess me not being a prisoner of the moment and saying ray Lewis AINT the greatest LB of all time too is "callin him out"

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
More like YOU cling to MY nuts like an 8 year-old girl does a teen-beat magazine star. Everytime I post, here you come to hop on...
eyes.gif

Need proof?

eyes.gif

grin.gif
thought i was IL'd? Knew you couldn't resist.....pathetic...
tired.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

Need proof?

eyes.gif

grin.gif
thought i was IL'd? Knew you couldn't resist.....
pathetic...
tired.gif

Still slurpin, very pathetic.
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom