NFL/NCAA Feet: '10-'11 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

Earlier in this thread I posted that Tom Brady was wearing an UA shirt in his early-week presser.  Was wondering what was up with that.  Well, looks like he's an UA guy now: he's wearing UA kicks in tonight's MNF game against Miami *shaking my head*

Earlier in this thread I posted that Tom Brady was wearing an UA shirt in his early-week presser.  Was wondering what was up with that.  Well, looks like he's an UA guy now: he's wearing UA kicks in tonight's MNF game against Miami *shaking my head*

Originally Posted by IamSoySauce3

Nike is probably not trying to come off any money for him. Nike is fairly cheap in terms of their endorsement money because they know they dont really need any one athlete anymore to sell their products.

Originally Posted by IamSoySauce3

Nike is probably not trying to come off any money for him. Nike is fairly cheap in terms of their endorsement money because they know they dont really need any one athlete anymore to sell their products.

Yeah Brady signed with UA last week. I was told by a friend who works at UA that he's getting a good deal more than Miles Austin got.

Yeah Brady signed with UA last week. I was told by a friend who works at UA that he's getting a good deal more than Miles Austin got.

The Tom Brady thing is a disappointment, but there is really no brand loyalty to be expected anymore. A company throws money at ya and any athlete is gonna take it. A la Jason Kidd, Derek Fisher, etc. Its not like Brady made Nike any money anyway; he's a proven winner but vanilla as a spokesman. He never got a sig shoe or anything.

The Tom Brady thing is a disappointment, but there is really no brand loyalty to be expected anymore. A company throws money at ya and any athlete is gonna take it. A la Jason Kidd, Derek Fisher, etc. Its not like Brady made Nike any money anyway; he's a proven winner but vanilla as a spokesman. He never got a sig shoe or anything.

Since the economy hit the skids Nike has effectively stopped paying guys, and so you see it in every sport where other brands are trying to scoop guys away from Nike.

The Brady signing is interesting because he doesn't fit the typical mold of a UA athlete, but I was told that UA is trying to change their image a little bit with the more clean-cut Hollywood type guy.

Since the economy hit the skids Nike has effectively stopped paying guys, and so you see it in every sport where other brands are trying to scoop guys away from Nike.

The Brady signing is interesting because he doesn't fit the typical mold of a UA athlete, but I was told that UA is trying to change their image a little bit with the more clean-cut Hollywood type guy.

I mean does it matter what Tom Brady wears? I've never seen him in a Nike ad or anything, and he's not the dynamic player that can push a product.

I mean does it matter what Tom Brady wears? I've never seen him in a Nike ad or anything, and he's not the dynamic player that can push a product.

the only print ad that I remember:
tom_brady.jpg

hate to put another jersey in here, but this came in today...i cant stand replicas but this guy is killing it this year. glad im only 25 miles from the area(and a big fan of anyone that beats ND) haha

hate to put another jersey in here, but this came in today...i cant stand replicas but this guy is killing it this year. glad im only 25 miles from the area(and a big fan of anyone that beats ND) haha

As I would love to have a Denard jersey, I can't %+$% with Adidas aesthetically. I'll stick to my Nike authentics.

As I would love to have a Denard jersey, I can't %+$% with Adidas aesthetically. I'll stick to my Nike authentics.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

i feel you on that, its my first adidas jersey, will prolly be my last. 

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

i feel you on that, its my first adidas jersey, will prolly be my last. 

Originally Posted by K23J

He is and it's amazing living in Ann arbor right now. I go to school right across the street from the stadium and have season tickets ..:.. I really really wish Michigan would have stayed with Nike I hate addias

Back
Top Bottom