NFL/NCAA Feet & Gear: '13-'14 Seasons Football Equipment/Cleats/Gloves/Jerseys etc.

If you look closely at a few colorways of the Nike Vapor Carbon Fly 2 TD on Eastbay you can see some sort of pattern on the upper. It looks like what the Oregon Ducks had on their Vapor Talon Elite's this year.

I noticed this too - it looked similar, but not quite the same (makes sense, duck feathers can't be that popular). It's definitely subtle in pics, curious what it looks like in person.

I love the new color-ways. They are a great change. It seems like Nike Football always put out the same color-ways each year with just changing the cleat/glove model. I love that they finally have some exotic options. I would love some leopard print gloves. I hope that they do the same crazy colors with the Carbon Vapor 2's.
I hate it because I like it when gloves and cleats, you know, match the uniforms.

Looks like the CW's in the cleats and gloves are polarizing to everybody on this thread lol. Either way, I am sure Nike will bring out some more basic CW's although as cutthroat said, they already have standard black, white, red, and blue. I like those Vapor Pros but man Nike needs to get back to Zoom in their cleats.

I hate it because I like it when gloves and cleats, you know, match the uniforms.

Understandable, but contrast is great. Chris johnson's red gloves are a good example. The only red is accent color in the logo. I know that its only my opinion that matching all the same color is boring. I know those of you still playing organized football have to have gloves/cleats that match your team colors. But for the 1% of us on here that are no longer playing organized football, exotic colors are great.

View media item 344529
Great sarcasm by the way.

Last edited:
Eastbay rep, you guys coming out with those black/volt vapor fly gloves?

I'm really hoping they release the Black/White CW with a Black/White CJ81 cleat next month.

Eastbay rep, you guys coming out with those black/volt vapor fly gloves?
We do not have any information on this colorway at this time. If we receive an update, we will post the information.

EastbayRep - Elizabeth

I wonder if the Vapor Fly 2's fit like the 1's. I NEED those black/Electric Green ones.

I wonder if the Vapor Fly 2's fit like the 1's. I NEED those black/Electric Green ones.

This. Who is going to be the brave one and see if the .5 size up still applies. Those all white CVF2's are looking tempting especially since our team switched colors to a primarily white based uniform and I loved my OG Carbon's once I broke them in.

I'm so pissed that I tore my PCL the other week... I had plans to order some of these new Nike goodies for my upcoming spring season... |I

haha im just waiting for eastbay sizing suggestions. im going to wager on the .5 bigger. you know they're going to be just as narrow as the first ones.

EastbayRep

Do you have a date as to when the Vapor Fly gloves will ship? The website says they are back-ordered.

Thanks

EastbayRep

Do you have a date as to when the Vapor Fly gloves will ship? The website says they are back-ordered.

Thanks

We should receive shipment of these gloves on or around 4/15/13. Thanks for asking!

EastbayRep - Christina

I honestly HATE my Talon Elite Lows. Wore them for about 6 games on and off, and they hurt my feet like no other. Probably going to see if I can sell them to someone for cheap or something. They KILL my feet. I wonder if anyone has put a better insole in them to make them more comfortable.

Understandable, but contrast is great. Chris johnson's red gloves are a good example. The only red is accent color in the logo. I know that its only my opinion that matching all the same color is boring. I know those of you still playing organized football have to have gloves/cleats that match your team colors. But for the 1% of us on here that are no longer playing organized football, exotic colors are great.

View media item 344529
Great sarcasm by the way.
Those at least use a color from the uniform's color palette. I don't know of any teams (besides Oregon) that wear volt or magenta, etc...

I honestly HATE my Talon Elite Lows. Wore them for about 6 games on and off, and they hurt my feet like no other. Probably going to see if I can sell them to someone for cheap or something. They KILL my feet. I wonder if anyone has put a better insole in them to make them more comfortable.

That's interesting, it seems like the Talon Elites have gotten a lot of hate. I loved my 4.2s and Vapor Carbons, and will admit that I didn't like the Talon Elites at first. But yesterday, after having not played for months, I tried my Vapor Carbons and they almost felt too cushy. I think I got used to what I think was the better ground feel that the Talon Elites provided and ended up playing the game in those.

Curious to hear others' thoughts on it.

That's interesting, it seems like the Talon Elites have gotten a lot of hate. I loved my 4.2s and Vapor Carbons, and will admit that I didn't like the Talon Elites at first. But yesterday, after having not played for months, I tried my Vapor Carbons and they almost felt too cushy. I think I got used to what I think was the better ground feel that the Talon Elites provided and ended up playing the game in those.

Curious to hear others' thoughts on it.
I thought it was just the break in period, but usually that ends after the 3rd game or so. I had the Jordan Speed Jet TD Low, the Vapor Carbons, and the Talon Elites in my trunk and I put on the Talon Elites first. After warming up in them, my feet started to ache. I quickly switched to the Jordan Speed Jets and they were fine. After half I switched to the Vapor Carbons and realized I should have just worn them to begin with. I started to look at the Talon Elite after the game and realized how thin the actual insole is. Looks like it would be ok with a better insert, but didn't want to spend another 30 or so on one only to find out they don't make it feel any better. At this point I'd rather just get a pair of Vapor Carbon 2's.

I have the same problem with my Super Speed cleats. It gets really painful along the bottom of my feet. I dont know whats up with that

Back
Top Bottom