NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s clear the nfl owners (minus Browns owner) are working together to not negotiate with Lamar. They trying to make an example out of him for asking for fully guaranteed money

Why are the browns the only exception?

But I am glad certain teams want to play an active role in what’s being done

Bc they were the ones who set the precedent and aren’t invited to the group thread

there are a handful of teams who don’t need Lamar

However there are some obvious teams that have been quickly vocal about not being interested in Lamar

It’s clear the nfl owners (minus Browns owner) are working together to not negotiate with Lamar. They trying to make an example out of him for asking for fully guaranteed money

IDK man. It’s not unreasonable for the teams that need a QB to want to hold onto their first round picks for this year and next year’s draft AND not have to pay Lamar a ton guaranteed over five years. Teams are looking a little goofy when you look at their current/projected starter, though. I can agree with RGIII on this take

The irony in this… if Lamar got an agent he’s STILL not getting that 230 guaranteed. He’s going to get offer that same 133 or maybe 150 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Either way he might as well play it by ear.

An agent won’t make a differenc

Kyler got 189, give Lamar 200-210 guaranteed. It’s that simple.

The irony in this… if Lamar got an agent he’s STILL not getting that 230 guaranteed. He’s going to get offer that same 133 or maybe 150 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

League basically going use that Kyler deal as the standard.. and add

IDK man. It’s not unreasonable for the teams that need a QB to want to hold onto their first round picks for this year and next year’s draft AND not have to pay Lamar a ton guaranteed over five years. Teams are looking a little goofy when you look at their current/projected starter, though. I can agree with RGIII on this take

We going see how real things get after the draft..

Cause in theory teams could keep their pick for this year and then move picks in subsequent years depending on when/if Lamar signs

This is a good summary of what teams around the league have been saying

That’s 10 teams right there that said they are good on Lamar. Between those 10 and teams that are already set at that position or plan to draft a QB, you have to figure 1/2 to 2/3 of the teams in the league aren’t interested. Yikes.

I dont mind how he's handling it. Fact is, we don't know specifics of what he's asking, what he'd be willing to take vs. what Baltimore has offered and such. Maybe he does need an agent, but I'm sure it's frustrating folks going after him on Twitter without knowing the specific. And he's not saying anything egregious and most of it is making light of the situation and funny.

Lamar overall has handled it very well.

Yeah it's been suggested that Lamar wants a fully guaranteed contract a la Nastee Boy™ then he refutes that.

Now if the Ravens only offered him $133M guaranteed when the COD player got almost $190M and his resume is no where near Lamar's and he has injury history of his then I can see why Lamar feels some type of way.

Like I said prior don't see a situation where Lamar is in a Ravens' uniform next season.

This is a good summary of what teams around the league have been saying

That’s 10 teams right there that said they are good on Lamar. Between those 10 and teams that are already set at that position or plan to draft a QB, you have to figure 1/2 to 2/3 of the teams in the league aren’t interested. Yikes.

Niners couldn’t get him him they wanted to.

We have the most high ticket players at a gang of positions.

The guarantees at signing are the focal point, not total guarantees. Cleveland told Watson “sign here and we’ll give you $230M no matter what over the next 5 years.” Kyler got 103M when he put pen to paper - not 189M. The 86M difference is basically roster bonuses. He has to be on the roster to get that money and AZ can technically cut him to avoid paying it. It’ll have salary cap implications but they still could.

Lamar reportedly was offered 133M for putting pen to paper. More than any other QB signed recently not named Watson.

The guarantees at signing are the focal point, not total guarantees. Cleveland told Watson “sign here and we’ll give you $230M no matter what over the next 5 years.” Kyler got 103M when he put pen to paper - not 189M. The 86M difference is basically roster bonuses. He has to be on the roster to get that money and AZ can technically cut him to avoid paying it. It’ll have salary cap implications but they still could.

Lamar reportedly was offered 133M for putting pen to paper. More than any other QB signed recently not named Watson.

Murray got 160 million guaranteed.

My math was off

5 year 230 (160 fully guaranteed)

Murray got 5-230…. And he’s a mobile QB as well. Better passer but equally vulnerable with his rushing.

6 years 300 mill with 210 million guaranteed seemed reasonable for Lamar

Kyler’s decision making (**** it Hopkins is out there somewhere) and accuracy are as big of problems…. Bryce is the opposite.

Kyler’s decision making (**** it Hopkins is out there somewhere) and accuracy are as big of problems…. Bryce is the opposite.

Let’s see what Bryce does with mediocre talent at WR and other skill positions.

Tua flourished because of Reke and Waddle. Not the other way around.

It’s always 50/50 when college QBs have great weapons. Burrow had great weapons in college and was able to duplicate his numbers. Justin Herbert didn’t have great talent around him in college but he turned out good.

Let’s see what Bryce Young does with average weapons

100%

you guys are out here comparing apples to oranges...

what does lamar want? does he want what watson got or does he want what Wilson, murray, josh allen got.......you guys are acting like he didnt already turn down contracts in line with what russell and kyler got at signing.....Lamar wants to set the market, i get it but is your value really there???

QBs that might get paid this spring....Hurts, Burrow, Herbert......just about every team in the NFL would rather sign Hurts and Burrow over lamar if they were able to sign freely without picks....and many would pick Herbert over Lamar.........i'm still waiting for someone to find me the player in any sport who couldnt finish season 2 years in a row and got one of its spots best contacts ever....

lamar would turn down the exact same contract mahomes got AFTER he won MVP and Super bowl.........6-7 years 300M 200 guaranteed(not at signing) something like that would get it done

and no kyler murray didnt get 160M at signing.......if cards cut him in Jan 2025 they save 40M+ from his "guaranties" this is the problem lamar has he doesnt want ways for teams to back out cut bait....I get it...

he will either play for the ravens on the tag or he gets a team like the colts or pats or titans to give im a 3 year 130M fully guaranteed........AND of course those teams picking top 15 wouldnt want to give up their pick this year....

i'm betting he ends up on colts for a 2nd this year and first next year if done before draft....

The situations that Kyler and Watson are in with their contracts to me is why teams are hesitant to give Lamar what he is asking. Teams see those big deals given to dudes that have not lived up to that contract and that basically handicapping a team long term. Ultimately Lamar hasn’t shown enough for teams to be confident on giving him his ask, he has missed time and doesn’t have the best stats later in the season where it matters. There are great QB’s available in the next 2 draft classes and we all know the best situation for a team to have is a great young QB on a rookie contract vs paying a guy his second who has injury history.

The one team I can’t figure out though why they aren’t going after him is the Jets. They are by all accounts willing to give up a first round pick for a washed up Rodgers for basically a 1-2 year rental, when they could get Lamar for 2 years and work with him to pair up with their young group of guys. Either way they are giving up a first and probably out of the equation for any top guys this year or next in the draft, why wouldn’t they go for a younger QB who could potentially fill their spot for way longer than a dude in the twilight of his career.

100%

you guys are out here comparing apples to oranges...

what does lamar want? does he want what watson got or does he want what Wilson, murray, josh allen got.......you guys are acting like he didnt already turn down contracts in line with what russell and kyler got at signing.....Lamar wants to set the market, i get it but is your value really there???

QBs that might get paid this spring....Hurts, Burrow, Herbert......just about every team in the NFL would rather sign Hurts and Burrow over lamar if they were able to sign freely without picks....and many would pick Herbert over Lamar.........i'm still waiting for someone to find me the player in any sport who couldnt finish season 2 years in a row and got one of its spots best contacts ever....

lamar would turn down the exact same contract mahomes got AFTER he won MVP and Super bowl.........6-7 years 300M 200 guaranteed(not at signing) something like that would get it done

and no kyler murray didnt get 160M at signing.......if cards cut him in Jan 2025 they save 40M+ from his "guaranties" this is the problem lamar has he doesnt want ways for teams to back out cut bait....I get it...

he will either play for the ravens on the tag or he gets a team like the colts or pats or titans to give im a 3 year 130M fully guaranteed........AND of course those teams picking top 15 wouldnt want to give up their pick this year....

i'm betting he ends up on colts for a 2nd this year and first next year if done before draft....

I was with you up until the very last part. I believe the non-exclusive franchise tag entitles Baltimore to two first round picks. If they were going to do like a sign and trade (not sure if that is a thing in the NFL), I would assume that they get more than a 2nd and 1st.

The one team I can’t figure out though why they aren’t going after him is the Jets. They are by all accounts willing to give up a first round pick for a washed up Rodgers for basically a 1-2 year rental, when they could get Lamar for 2 years and work with him to pair up with their young group of guys. Either way they are giving up a first and probably out of the equation for any top guys this year or next in the draft, why wouldn’t they go for a younger QB who could potentially fill their spot for way longer than a dude in the twilight of his career.

I don’t get this either. They’ll be paying Rodgers in the realm of what Lamar wants. Might as well go young to pair him up with your young core. The only issue I could see is they prefer Rodgers because it is only 1-2 years and they will eventually have to pay their young folks. So Rodgers is like an all-in stop gap in some ways

I don’t get this either. They’ll be paying Rodgers in the realm of what Lamar wants. Might as well go young to pair him up with your young core. The only issue I could see is they prefer Rodgers because it is only 1-2 years and they will eventually have to pay their young folks. So Rodgers is like an all-in stop gap in some ways

That is what I think. However they could front load his contract if they got the cap space. This would also prevent the Ravens from potentially matching their offer. I still think they could make it work and to me makes the most sense from any team currently that is in need of a quarterback.

League basically going use that Kyler deal as the standard.. and add

We going see how real things get after the draft..

Cause in theory teams could keep their pick for this year and then move picks in subsequent years depending on when/if Lamar signs

This is exactly what’s happening. Doesn’t make sense to trade for him before the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom