NFL QB - out with the old, in with the new

Letʻs face it... father time has finally taken out many of the leagues most veteran QBʻs:

Eli Manning - benched
Andrew Luck - retired
Big Ben - out for the year
Drew Brees - 6 weeks/broken hand
Cam Newton - shoulder/foot 2 weeks and counting

Who do you guys consider the new 5 who will be legit starters for many years to come?

For me...

1) Pat Mahomes - already has an MVP under his belt, probably get one more this year
2) Dak Prescott - the dude manages games, knows how to win, and handles the big city perfectly
3) Josh Allen - all fanhood aside the dude is a gamer and has all the physical traits you would want in a QB
4) Deshaun Watson - granted he needs to stop running wreck-less, he has amazing talent
5) Carson Wentz - injuries happen, but he figured out how to adjust his game to be elite for many years

PRETENDER LIST...
1) Baker Mayfield - he is being exposed weekly, will crash and burn this season
2) Marcus Mariota - never given a fair shot with 4 different coaches in 4 years, something tells me the Pats pick him up
3) Mason Rudolph - taking over the Steelers gig ainʻt easy, but he def wonʻt be the one to hold down the fort long term
4) Josh Rosen - awful on and off the field, also going from Arizona to tanking Miami is career suicide

Ben, Brees, Eli, Flacco and Rivers all should retire after this year. They don't have it anymore.

Rayne Dakota Prescott is average but he has the best OL and a top 3 RB so he has all day in the pocket.

Josh Allen is garbage

Wentz is injury prone and a duck.

I like Lamar, he needs to stop taking so many hits though.

Mahommes is legit

Watson is nice but he gotta get rid of the ball faster. He's taking too many hits.

crazy how all those qbs are ready to retire but you got brady older than all of them can still play the game at an elite level

Russell Wilson doesn’t exist now? He’s significantly better than every QB you mentioned aside of MJ Mahomes.
Russ is also 30 and not really "new guard"...
Jimmy g and Daniel jones will be the best 2 of all the newer qbs
Jimmy G is kinda spare.

Mahomes
Lamar
Deshaun

Dak
Wentz
Goff

Allen
Garoppolo
Mitch
Baker
Carr

Too soon to know on the rookies.

Ben, Brees, Eli, Flacco and Rivers all should retire after this year. They don't have it anymore.

Rayne Dakota Prescott is average but he has the best OL and a top 3 RB so he has all day in the pocket.

Josh Allen is garbage

Wentz is injury prone and a duck.

I like Lamar, he needs to stop taking so many hits though.

Mahommes is legit

Watson is nice but he gotta get rid of the ball faster. He's taking too many hits.
This sounds like a written script forced on First Take.

Brees literally just finished second in MVP voting to Mahomes last year. Rivers just threw for 4,300 yards and has yet to miss a game in his career. Roethlisberger led the NFL is passing yards last year.
(Bonus) Tom Brady has 7 TDs and 0 INTs so far this year.

Let's calm down a bit, barely any of these young cats (aside from Mahomes etc) have yet to do anything these gray hairs are still out there doing - injuries or not.

This sounds like a written script forced on First Take.

Brees literally just finished second in MVP voting to Mahomes last year. Rivers just threw for 4,300 yards and has yet to miss a game in his career. Roethlisberger led the NFL is passing yards last year.
(Bonus) Tom Brady has 7 TDs and 0 INTs so far this year.

Let's calm down a bit, barely any of these young cats (aside from Mahomes etc) have yet to do anything these gray hairs are still out there doing - injuries or not.

Like I said. Ben, Brees, Eli, Flacco and Rivers should all retire this offseason

Based on what? Because someone sitting on their couch has a problem with their age?

If that’s what you get, cool.

They all die off towards the end of the season cause of their age.

Brees arm was off last year.

Ben been bad this year and is having a serious surgery.

Eli’s time is up

Flacco is dog ****

Rivers chokes in the playoffs and is making terrible decisions.

It’s time for them to hang it up. I don’t care about passing yards and BS.

I guarantee you he remains elite after many of those listed in that “new guard” group fade out.

Exactly. He’s never missed a game. He’s started 16 games every year. And most importantly, rarely gets hit.

He’s steady and elite. That’s a perfect formula

If that’s what you get, cool.

They all die off towards the end of the season cause of their age.

Brees arm was off last year.

Ben been bad this year and is having a serious surgery.

Eli’s time is up

Flacco is dog ****

Rivers chokes in the playoffs and is making terrible decisions.

It’s time for them to hang it up. I don’t care about passing yards and BS.
Hm. Sometimes NT baffles me.
Were you in the same camp saying Brady should have retired at 37? How bout Favre?
How bout if Brees comes back in a month or so and N.O. ends up winning the SB this year? But I guess they should tell him no first, and go with Teddy B. That's def. what Payton is going to do for sure.
Roethlisberger CLEARLY doesn't have it anymore because he jacked up his elbow and you only do that in your late 30's. Word to Jimmy Garoppolo's past knee, Carson Wentz' knee, Nick Foles' shoulder, Cam Newton's foot, Sam Darnold's mono and Luck's entire body.

Last edited:
Next

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom