NFL Quarterbacks Discussion thread: 2013 Edition

Naw man dude put up 0 points with Roddy White and Julio Jones in a playoff game.

0 freaking points after that I was done with him.

thats what im saying :lol:

has to be one of the worst games by a "good" player ive seen. dude couldnt get 3 pts on the board for his squad, and yet hes in the 2nd tier of QB...he couldnt get his team one score in a playoff game. dude is such a fraud.

hes gotta win a SB to get my respect, after a performance like that on the big stage.

I honestly see Wilson taking a step back.

Depends on how defenses counter that read option this year.

Seahawks really don't even use the read option that often.

Any of the 4 could take a step back, no question.

If there's one position in the NFL that doesn't guarentee results from one year to the next based off the previous years success it's at QB.

I said it in the offseason thread and I'll say it again; out of RG3, Wilson, or Kaep... two out of three will not be in the playoffs this coming year.

Seahawks really don't even use the read option that often.

Any of the 4 could take a step back, no question.

The read option helped all of the QBs except luck.

Wilson started doing a whole lot better once they started using it. Even if it wasn't as much as the skins.

But we will see. This year will be very interesting because of them 4 alone tho.

I honestly can't wait.

Plus I want to say what Cam Does this year. It seemed like things were starting to come together a little at the end if last year for him.

Last edited:
If there's one position in the NFL that doesn't guarentee results from one year to the next based off the previous years success it's at QB.

I said it in the offseason thread and I'll say it again; out of RG3, Wilson, or Kaep... two out of three will not be in the playoffs this coming year.

I see all 3 making the playoffs again.

Defense wins championships and Sea and SF defense is top notch. Kaep and Wilson would have to be trash to not make the playoffs. I don't see that happening.

And people are really think the skins year was fluke last year. But they are in for a rude awakening. They will take the east again this year.

Last edited:
Cam has such ****** mechanics sometimes, it totally throws off throws that look like the correct read. End of the year he definitely had a uptick in his play though

The read option helped all of the QBs except luck.

Wilson started doing a whole lot better once they started using it. Even if it wasn't as much as the skins.

But we will see. This year will be very interesting because of them 4 alone tho.

I honestly can't wait.

Plus I want to say what Cam Does this year. It seemed like things were starting to come together a little at the end if last year for him.
That's a pretty weak interpretation.  Wilson got better once they opened up the playbook and started throwing the ball downfield.  If you looked at the number of read option plays they actually run, you'd find it to be very low.

That's a pretty weak interpretation.  Wilson got better once they opened up the playbook and started throwing the ball downfield.  If you looked at the number of read option plays they actually run, you'd find it to be very low.

+1

But what are you willing to bet that out of the 3...

Wilson
RG3
Kaep

Wilson will have the worst year.

Won't say his year won't be good. It's just won't be as good as the other 2.

I'm PayPal ready.

You let me know.

As for the "Four QBs" that everyone's grouping together in terms of making the playoffs again...

Kaep and Russell's teams will reach it, but RGIII and Luck's seasons will end at 16 games. Lock, stock, and barrel.

Last edited:
For me it's kinda hard to choose who will produce less this season.

Wilson is a film junkie and Kaep has such a beast team and coaching staff to even do bad.

I still feel like people don't know what Luck is capable of. Dude is a bigger version of Aaron Rodgers IMO,but not on his level yet. His completion % should only get higher and he won games same way he did in Stanford, by capitalizing on his OWN mistakes :x

*flame suit ready for Luck/Rodgers comparison*

For me it's kinda hard to choose who will produce less this season.

Wilson is a film junkie and Kaep has such a beast team and coaching staff to even do bad.

I still feel like people don't know what Luck is capable of. Dude is a bigger version of Aaron Rodgers IMO,but not on his level yet. His completion % should only get higher and he won games same way he did in Stanford, by capitalizing on his OWN mistakes :x

At some point In his career Luck will be a SBMVP

Nah, Rodgers is vastly overrated on NT. I can see where you're coming from. Luck is the goods.
lolwhichpackersfanisgonnaquoteme

+1

Wilson
RG3
Kaep

I'm PayPal ready.

You let me know.
I'll bet you Luck has the worst year.  $1.

+1

Wilson

RG3

Kaep

I'm PayPal ready.

You let me know.
I'll bet you Luck has the worst year.  $1.

a) how you going to judge their years? stats? wins?
b) i'll bet a dollar tannehill has a better year than kap and wilson :lol:

Nevermind Luck being the highest rated prospect since Elway, he clearly sucked his rookie year getting 4,300 yards and his team winning 9 more games than the year before.

Nevermind Luck being the highest rated prospect since Elway, he clearly sucked his rookie year getting 4,300 yards and his team winning 9 more games than the year before.

4,300 yards and his targets were:
Reggie Wayne, Donnie Avery, TY Hilton, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener, Vick Ballard, LaVon Brazil, and Donald Brown.
:x

Half those dudes are rookies.

Tell me that Luck didn't have the worst supporting cast out of the rookie stud QBs.

MMG would trade Schaub and both of his testes for Luck to be a career Texan though.
laugh.gif

4,300 yards and his targets were:
Reggie Wayne, Donnie Avery, TY Hilton, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener, Vick Ballard, LaVon Brazil, and Donald Brown.
:x

Half those dudes are rookies.

Tell me that Luck didn't have the worst supporting cast out of the rookie stud QBs.

Luck's defense wasn't so hot either...not like some of them other rookies. Makes the colts wins even more impressive.

Last edited:
a) how you going to judge their years? stats? wins?
b) i'll bet a dollar tannehill has a better year than kap and wilson :lol:

A) same way y'all sit and compare every other player.

B) Ill take that bet lol

But seriously in 5 years out if them 4 QBs 2 will still be at the top.

Luck and RG3

Luck's defense wasn't so hot either...not like some of them other rookies. Makes the colts wins even more impressive.
I feel like people keep saying Kaep is a rookie on accident, unless you aren't referring to him in which case the ******** had the 28th ranked defense in the league which is actually worse than Indy by the way.

I feel like people keep saying Kaep is a rookie on accident, unless you aren't referring to him in which case the ******** had the 28th ranked defense in the league which is actually worse than Indy by the way.

yeah i had meant wilson and kap.

Back
Top Bottom