NFL Quarterbacks Discussion thread: 2013 Edition

Freeman has no excuses.

the team looks very well put together, esp on the offensive side of the ball.

Its his job to lose.

not literally street free agents, but none of those guys is turning heads on any other team. ballard and hilton weren't much better than cheap free agents, and that o line was porous

Last edited:
Oh I agree he has no excuses, there are some teams that would love to have his weapons.

Tight end and slot WR is a lil lackluster, but its all on Josh to get it done and lead us to the playoffs.

Freeman has all an upstart quarterback would ever need - both physically and of team personnel. The problem is that his lapses in play have so far been his norm and I just don't think anymore that he can keep a high level of play going for an entire season.

Last edited:
651 i would love to see you write up on some of these back up QBs / Rookie QBs but idk if enough info is out there for them.

Mallet

Brock up in denver

etc

Hmmm...Good idea though. Might give me a nice little project to do. Something a bit more challenging. I'll think about getting that done because that could be really interesting. Thanks!

It's still hard for me to completely understand why people don't want to show Matt Ryan love.

I think an interesting debate could be about Sam Bradford. People seem to be completely split about what they think he can be. Half, like me, think he'll be a good NFL quarterback over the long haul and the other half think he's gone after this year and nothing more than a career backup.

I'm with you on Bradford. Whereas people like Gunna are on the extreme opposite side of the spectrum.

pimp.gif
Thats my Quarterback.

What people fail to realize with these young QBs and wanting to throw them under the bull right away is that theres a few factors when it comes to giving up.

Stability and Talent.

What do the top tier QBs have?

TB12

A-Rod

Eil

Bresus

Ryan

Big Ben

Flacco

Stability at the top and talent, When you give a young QB those factors it helps their chances.

Now obviously not all QBs are gonna be these HOF / Elite signal callers that are gonna throw for 4,500 yards and 40 TDs, but some will be very good / on that cusp and can maybe win you a super bowl.

Now obviously it always doesnt work that way.

Matt Ryan should not be in the next group category.

You sound just as sorry as them Canthers of yours.

It's pretty obvious that Ryan is well on his way to being elite, especially with dirk koetter backing him...I expect his numbers to drop a bit now that Stephen Jackson is here but O well. Be looking for Julio jones on that PA deep ball this season

It's pretty obvious that Ryan is well on his way to being elite, especially with dirk koetter backing him.
laugh.gif

Sorry I had to laugh at that.  As if Dirk Koetter backing him up is in any way related to Matt being on is way to being elite. 

:lol:

Sorry I had to laugh at that.  As if Dirk Koetter backing him up is in any way related to Matt being on is way to being elite. 

I have to laugh at you because you clearly don't know what you're talking about..before dirk arrived when did Matt ever have a 4,000 yard season ? A 30 plus TD season ? When did Matt become bold enough to throw the deep ball ? Better yet when did Matt Ryan become capable of throwing a good deep ball ? Oh yeah that's right..when dirk koetter arrived that's when

Mostly the moderate arm strength and poor playoff history.

This has to be the year for a NFC CG or SB berth, right? Matty has a wealth of options offensively.

A lot of fans are hoping Freeman balls out this year but the only person I think who doesn't is Coach Schiano. He wants his own qb

With Kaep, there has been limited blueprints about how to go about stopping him, so once a few teams figure out ways to slow him down or make him change the way he plays, then you'll see Kaepernick struggle a bit. Once he has enough film on the defenses and defensive schemes that were successful at stopping or slowing him, then he can start growing as a quarterback, because as an athlete, he's one of the best around.
What exactly do people think defenses are going to "figure out" about Kap? He ran on designed rushes less than 3% of the time. When defenses stayed out on the edge, Gore and James (and in the future Hunter and Lattimore) ran wild off tackle. When they pressed inside, he ran around them for first downs or long TD's. Are safeties going to "figure out" how to get to the receiver faster when Kaepernick throws one of his fastballs on a line 40 yards? Are linebackers going to figure out how to get faster so Kaepernick can't eat up 20 to 25 yards down field when they run past him trying to blitz? Is the pressure going to get to him? He's already experienced three playoff games. Are defenses going to load up the box and stop the run to make him pass? Yes, please do that. Are they going to play nickle and dime on him all the time to try to take away the pass? Yes, Greg Roman with his never-ending thick book of running plays wants them to do that.

I really think the sky is the limit for Kap.

This has to be the year for a NFC CG or SB berth, right? Matty has a wealth of options offensively.
superbowl or bust for that hyped team. Every year from august to january i hear from every person in the city on how they taking it all this year and every 3rd week of january you cant find a fan  
mean.gif
. I wanna hear the justification of matty getting a 100 millie contract with 1 playoff victory (inb4 romo cause thats not even my team).

its tough.

Defense wins champion ships.

and sadly he has to play 2 of the best defenses in the NFL. Much like last year, i said he he had to play SF/Seattle he wouldnt do it.

I can see him beating one, not both in the same playoff run.

It has to match up so he can avoid playing both those defenses in the same playoff run.

9ers fans get TOO sensitive when you bring up Kap, relax, sounding like cam and stafford fans the year before when everyone told them to chill before throwing them into that top tier of QB.

you have to give the NFL time to adjust
mean.gif

laugh.gif

I have to laugh at you because you clearly don't know what you're talking about..before dirk arrived when did Matt ever have a 4,000 yard season ? A 30 plus TD season ? When did Matt become bold enough to throw the deep ball ? Better yet when did Matt Ryan become capable of throwing a good deep ball ? Oh yeah that's right..when dirk koetter arrived that's when
For someone who is a Falcons fan, you sure have a poor memory of your own team.

When did Matt have a 4,000 yard season before Dirk arrived?  How about 2011?

When did Matt have a 30 plus TD season before Dirk arrived?  Ok never but he had 29 in 2011.

Matty was well on his way to becoming an upper echelon QB in the NFL before the arrival of Dirk.  And you also fail to mention that Dirk's arrival also happens to coincide with Julio Jones' emergence.  I may have been exagerrating to say that Dirk wasnt "in any way related to Matt being on his way to being elite."  But I think you are EXTREMELY underselling Matt's growth as a player prior to Dirk.

actually a pretty good list by cbs...interesting to see rg3 at the bottom of that tier..

and i def think matt ryan is deserving and very very close to the top...dude is a baller, never takes his team out of the game, makes big plays...

i expect big years from cam and bradford...ive always been high on sam tho

Its really no fun unless you make your own list too

1.Rodgers
2.Brady
3.Peyton
4.Brees
5. Big Ben
6. Eli
7. Ryan
8.Flacco
9. Kaepernick
10.Romo