NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

Because even if you have a high pick, whether a team hits on that pick or not comes down to luck.

Exhibit 1: 3rd overall Solomon Thomas.

Exhibit 2: 2nd overall Nick Bosa.
Well luck is a big component obviously. On the flip side what you get for accepting that risk vs a proven talent is absolutely massive cap benefits from the rookie contract scale that you can sometimes ride to a championship... Seahawks did.

I don’t necessarily disagree though I mean the NFL rates draft picks REALLY high

****ing stupid ****ing ****.

E4BF4E27-4E4C-48CB-A66D-BA5C9D9399E5.gif

I’m not saying draft picks don’t mean anything. They’re valuable, but just because you have two 1st round picks doesn’t mean your better off than the team that has 0.

browns are the perfect example of this, all those draft picks over the last 3-4 seasons and what do they really have to show for it? Majority of those players are on other teams, are average or are completely out of the league. Draft capital is hardly an asset in this league.

Anyone legitimately think the dolphins are set up nicely for the future with all those picks? 8 first round picks over the next 2 drafts? Yea it’s nice in theory, but I’m not really expecting them to set the league on fire the next couple of years. We’ll see though.

Last edited:
If I recall everyone quoted it... that was a terrible day to scroll through this thread.

But it was hilarious.

:lol: at mentioning the Browns.

Now do the other 31 teams.

The Draft is where EVERY player comes from. Ok, 99% to be more accurate.

Teams don't just get to interview or recruit players to their teams/rosters. They have to be drafted.

After they are drafted, you can try to get them via free agency or trades later, but the draft is the one guaranteed spot every single year you can infuse young talent to your roster.

Every team.
Every year.
99% of the players.

Over valued my ***. Especially rich comin from a Steelers fan given every great player they've had came via the draft. :rolleyes

I don’t see what the Browns have done wrong to be honest.

They don’t have the right coach, not really negotiable on that one.

Other than that they’ve put very good pieces on the field. They have the tools there. They aren’t using them well or coaching them at all it seems like.

Let me do some foreshadowing for you here C CP1708

6B966D71-F73B-40A9-B7A5-BA8FE698A283.jpeg
1D54AB8C-4EFA-4573-A240-E04479C035CD.jpeg

Browns weren't "respectable" last year, and I didn't say playoffs right off, right? :lol:

And now they have us, Bengals twice, Denver......aren't they about to move up pretty quick?

They gettin Hunt back now.....Njoku soon?

And all their players are early-mid 20's, no? Core bein broken up this off-season?

I’m not saying draft picks don’t mean anything. They’re valuable, but just because you have two 1st round picks doesn’t mean your better off than the team that has 0.

browns are the perfect example of this, all those draft picks over the last 3-4 seasons and what do they really have to show for it? Majority of those players are on other teams, are average or are completely out of the league. Draft capital is hardly an asset in this league.

Anyone legitimately think the dolphins are set up nicely for the future with all those picks? 8 first round picks over the next 2 drafts? Yea it’s nice in theory, but I’m not really expecting them to set the league on fire the next couple of years. We’ll see though.
If all 8 of those picks turn into stud players will Dolphins be able to pay all those players when it comes time for them to get paid?

Back
Top Bottom