NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

**** the Eagles and their fans

tenor.gif

Clyde Frog Clyde Frog

I’m bout to run thru a wall... one more sleep

Dope. My anxiety is bout going through the roof. This game probably has the most intrigue between the match up in a long time. Certainly more than last years opener. Bears established themselves last year. We have the talent but no idea what to expect. I have confidence we can take off running with LaFluer and the revamped defense and make a statement right now. But it taking a few weeks to get going is a realistic possibility. Combine those 2 things with we need to beat you ****ers comes the anxiety.

I’ve been meaning to ask @sb for a minute. Is Billy Turner the goods? We dropped some dollars on him and Rodgers been high on him. It’s comforting that our O-Line should be pretty damn good as long as Bulaga stays healthy. He’s had his issues with injuries. Knock on wood. Especially for tomorrow.

Dope. My anxiety is bout going through the roof. This game probably has the most intrigue between the match up in a long time. Certainly more than last years opener. Bears established themselves last year. We have the talent but no idea what to expect. I have confidence we can take off running with LaFluer and the revamped defense and make a statement right now. But it taking a few weeks to get going is a realistic possibility. Combine those 2 things with we need to beat you ****ers comes the anxiety.

Bears bias out the window, I think the LaFluer experiment will work for y’all but I think it’ll take some time for y’all to start clicking offensively. By time we link up again in December y’all will be tough offensively and rolling how LaFleur envisions it.

Feel like defensively there’s so many new guys on that side for y’all that it’ll take a little longer for y’all to gel. If it works how y’all anticipate then next year that defense can be legit. People forget the Bears in 17 were a top 8-10’defense under Fangio I believe and in 18 every starter came back and we added Mack & Roquan. Takes some time to build that continuity and I think y’all will by next year.

That being said, we should **** y’all up tomorrow. We’re the better team. You have the better QB. These games are always tough and close though. Black and blue division for a reason. But i anticipate us coming out with a chip on our shoulder.

Idk how i’m going to make it thru work tomorrow, beyond anxious. Brandon Marshall was on Inside the NFL and he said this is the first time in about 10 years people are actually more excited to see what the Bears look like out the gate instead of the Packers and I agree. It’s the year of Mitch. If he can take that next step in year 3 that everyone expects he is, this can be a fun year.

Man, even has a Philly native I got nothing but love for the city of Chicago. Two very similar cities

I might pull up for Bears / Eagles in November. Def want to check Philly out. I **** with cities that are blue collar and have die hard fanbases.

DeadsetAce DeadsetAce nah tomorrow imma be back talking my **** up until the game :lol:. Not really a big poster during the game, I’ll try and slide on here during commercials

It seems a lot more likely that Trevor Lawrence is a Dolphin in two years than Tua or Herbert in a year.

Man, a 2 year tank in football is tough.

I think they could get the No. 1 in the 2020 draft, trade back in the 2020 draft and get a stud left tackle, for example, then still be bad enough to make sure you get your hands on Lawrence in 2021.

Whether that means using the picks you have now + those you'd get from letting someone trade up for Tua/pick swap plus assets + how bad you are in 2020 = getting Lawrence organically or trading up for him.

This is of course if you think Lawrence is that much better than Tua or Herbert.

Agreed though, a two-year tank is a tough sell but you have to be putting young, talented players in tough spots rather than going Full Hinkie and just admitting it.

I still think Rosen can be good, but they could also flip him once they let him in for the last 6-8 games or something?

Back
Top Bottom