NFL Super Bowl & Season In Review....

Also I said it before and I'll say it again Chargers biggest mistake was drafting a QB they should have kept Brees.........I know he didnt show he was worth keeping but keep this in mind he was a 2nd round pick if he was a first round pick the chargers woudl have never drafted a QB but since brees had one year left and they didnt invest a lot they figured lets a QB

Eli ring
Brees ring
Rivers L to the jets

Bob Sanders was great tonight.........oh wait. 
laugh.gif

HUGE call on the onside kick, major props for that. 

Originally Posted by Statis22

In the last decade 7 different teams went to the SB for the first time.

2 perennial losers won it in their first ever appearance.

There is hope for the Texans after all.
frown.gif

I hope the Texans make the playoffs next season, in fact they will.

Hopefully people will stop talking about this whole Katrina #+%+ after tonight.  It's was 5 yrs ago for crying out loud, we get it now.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Did anyone peep the announcers comparing Rodgers and Young during the the probowl?
You packer fans are hella lame.
1st you compare rodgers to favre, now y'all are comparing him to steve young?!
Stop comparing him to all of these other players, he's still a young player in the NFL, let him establish a unique legacy for gods sake.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

In the last decade 7 different teams went to the SB for the first time.

2 perennial losers won it in their first ever appearance.

There is hope for the Texans after all.
frown.gif

Hopefully people will stop talking about this whole Katrina #+%+ after tonight.  It's was 5 yrs ago for crying out loud, we get it now.

word...and what is more sickening is that obama will use this win for his own political agenda

The route was crappy. He let a DB beat him to the ball. No excuse for that.
word. wes welker would have caught that ball. no doubt in my mind
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Saints CB Tracy Porter picked off Brett Favre to seal the NFC Championship and Peyton Manning to seal the SB

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by Pac10OWNsSEC

MIAMI (AP) -- A ban on the three-point stance? NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says it's possible.

Concerned about concussions, Goodell said the league will keep looking for ways to make the game safer. Speaking on CBS's "Face the Nation" hours before the Super Bowl, he didn't rule out the idea of banning the three-point stance for linemen to reduce the ferocity of collisions at the line of scrimmage.

"As you'll see tonight, you'll see a lot of players that never get down in a three-point stance," Goodell said Sunday. "So it's possible that would happen."

While science is still trying to determine the long-term effects of concussions, Goodell said, the league has made progress in increasing awareness about the severity of such injuries.

"For many years the culture had been quite different -- that concussions weren't serious injuries," he said. "I think we have changed that culture and made sure that people understand they are serious, and they can have serious consequences if they're not treated properly."

Goodell has met with NFL competition committee co-chair Rich McKay to begin evaluating possible rules changes.
worst commis in all of sports

6iz9lu.jpg

indifferent.gif
The nfl is going to get flooded with spread offenses & the art of the power running is going to be obsolete if this happens.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Did anyone peep the announcers comparing Rodgers and Young during the the probowl?
You packer fans are hella lame.
1st you compare rodgers to favre, now y'all are comparing him to steve young?!
Stop comparing him to all of these other players, he's still a young player in the NFL, let him establish a unique legacy for gods sake.
??? wtFFFFFFF are you talking about?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

The route was crappy. He let a DB beat him to the ball. No excuse for that.
word. wes welker would have caught that ball. no doubt in my mind
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
cold blooded ... but you may have a point there ... 
tired.gif

the qb gets the praise when you win and the blame when you lose ... never mind a wr who gives it away ... doesn't try to stop when beat to spot ... an onside kick ... etc ... i need to pull away from sports for a while ... 

i thought bread and butter plays didn't result in int's ... i thought wrong 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by S4L3

-This NFL season will have fans of teams talking crazy predictions for next season.  "Jets=Superbowl" and such....Jet's won't even make the playoffs.
I'm actually heated that this is your first observation. Are you for real? How you going to say this team isn't going to even make the playoffs.

It isn't guaranteed, of course, but they are only going to get better. A few additions on the defensive side of the ball and I don't see how they can't perhaps get back to the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully the Steelers come back strong in the '10 season.. just didn't feel the same watching the playoffs an not seeing them in it.

i love how people take the analysis of ESPN analysts and post it as their own thoughts word for word as if it's the god given truth...since when was ESPN given so much credibility on this board? people are usually bashing ESPN left and right here on here

QOTW candidate;

JPZx wrote:
Do they let the players from each team hold the trophy before the game?....becauseeeeee you along with 90 million other viewers are going to be seeing this and only this:

peyton-manning-with-super-bowl-trophy.jpg

roll.gif

I'm gonna enjoy this offseason since i know it's highly unlikely that we'll repeat next year. 

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by S4L3

Quotes Of The NFL Season...
"we're 3.5 plays away from being undefeated this year."-Steelers fanafter they just lost to the Chiefs

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Quote of the year right here
laugh.gif

Man, great super bowl though gotta give props to the Saints. Manning is still one of the top 4 QB's of all time. I mean even though he lost the super bowl he still made it there, hell some quarterbacks in the league don't even make it to the conference championship games. However, that pick was completely on him, terrible throw.

With all that said, can't wait until next season to see what Pete Carroll can do to this franchise
pimp.gif

Great season of football
pimp.gif

[font=andale mono,times][font=verdana,geneva][font=times new roman,times][font=verdana,geneva][font=times new roman,times][font=verdana,geneva][font=times new roman,times]"Vikings should be ready to go to New Orleans for Thursday-night football to open the season next year."

-Prime
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font][/font]
[/font]

[font=andale mono,times][font=verdana,geneva][font=times new roman,times][font=verdana,geneva][font=times new roman,times][font=verdana,geneva][font=times new roman,times]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font][/font]
[/font]

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Cowboys probably have the hardest schedule in the league next season. Colts, Saints, Vikings, Packers, Cardinals, Texans plus the NFC East
frown.gif

word, its gonna be insane
mad.gif

and most of those teams will be better next season too

Chicago, Detroit, Jacksonville, Tennesse, and New Orleans at home

Green Bay, Minnesota,Houston, Indianapolis and Arizona  on road

smh.gif
dudes cant even take a week off all of next season

should at least make for some entertaining games

i still got colts cowboys sb next year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

I'll gladly take a "choke artist 8-8 postseason" over a "hasn't won #$#+ since the camcorders got taken away" QB 100 times outta 100.

I don't care about paragraph long responses or any of that crap that's about to be thrown out - the Patriots haven't won a SB since spygate and they can't say otherwise. In the playoffs, Brady has had one game with a rating over 85 in the last 6.

Post your little three ring gifs. HOLLA YOU BRADY LOVERS!
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Originally Posted by emkay

LOL... the offseason just started and the Jet-hating has already begun

Is there always Jet hating?  I havent seen much Jet hating in the past few years.  It only started ODing in the past month or two when Jet fans came out of the woodwork after a red carpet was rolled out for them to the playoffs.

^Real talk. Jets fans have been rather annoying recently. Like Bulls fans. You Jets fans have a really bright future, but you got incredibly lucky this year, and most are acting like the future is happening now.

Back
Top Bottom