NFL UNION TO VOTE ON OVERTIME CHANGE

I don't have a problem with the current sudden death system.

It's the NFL... if your defense can't stop the ball and prevent them from scoring, then you lose... that's it. It's the pros, there shouldn't be 2nd chances if your defense can't make a stop.

Starting at the 25 is like a automatic 3 points in the pros. Why have a 13-13 game turn into some 50-48 outcome that had no indication of how the game actually went.

Both systems have their share of flaws.

i dont like college bc it can become a shootout like someone said a 13-13 game could end up a 45-48 game

i dont like the way it is now bc kickers decide the game and kickers wear the uniform but are damn well not apart of the team and everyone knows that

other than that i think it should be first the 6 in OT, forget the kickers, dont even make FG's apart of OT, make em go for it on 4th and if they dont get it, the other team has to score a TD, thats sudden death

10 years ago, i would say that OT was fine the way it is but its become such a pass happy leauge w/ all the benifits going to the offense i just think it would benifit the nfl and all of its fans by making OT TD's only

If it aiint broke don't fix it.

...and its not like its proven fact that whoever gets the ball first wins, the percentages speak otherwise.

College Football rules are ******ed....how are you going to have NFL PRO's start at the 25.
laugh.gif

First to 6 is great (was always an idea I liked for years), but there is no reason to change it right now.

they should make it a 10 minute overtime

The league will NEVER allow that to happen. Games are long enough as it is, plus further injury risk.

Originally Posted by parada45

It's not like the team that wins the coin toss wins 100% of the time

no - but it is like 70%, right?  That indicates a problem..to me at least.

Plus if you have a good kick returner, lets say you start off at your own 40. You only need to go another 30-40 yards to win the game with a field goal, which happens most of the time. College OT is fair

I think the NFL does needs to change it's overtime stance somehow.  Whether that be adding in a clock or increase it to first team to 6 points win. 

People baffle me. 

Oh well, let's make it gotta win by 3.  Or gotta win by 6.  Or gotta win by a touchdown, but no field goals, and let's always go for 2 and not extra points, and let's make it 10 minute quarters, or score a touchdown and give the other team the ball back for one last chance, and if they score, then go to double elimination followed by free kicks from the 50 yard line by the tallest Cheerleader's sister who sits in the stands.  Let's add this, change that, again and again and again....... 

Really? 

The game has been fine for the past 75 years.  It will remain being fine in 75 more years.  Nothing needs to be done to OT.  Improve helmets, get a salary structure in better order.  Pay rookies less so vets can earn more.  Work out a system to lessen the burden on us as comsumers while still keeping all the owners/players/networks happy financially. 

Fix THOSE things.  Overtime's will settle themselves out.  Just like it's always been done. 

smh.gif

ehhh not when u lay one finger tip on a guys shouldepad and get called for a 50 yd pass interference call, do u really want a superbowl to end that way?

make the change to first TD in OT wins, simple as that, any coach will tell u TD's win game and TD are what the game is about, just like slam dunks in basketball and homeruns in baseball

btw didnt u guys think the arizona/green bay game was the #$#@, i did, and iam a green bay fan

Split the current 15 minute sudden death period into 3 5 minute overtimes.
Teams are way too relaxed with 15 minutes(especially the team on offense) and the sense of urgency would remain just as high as the last 5 minutes of 4th quarter.
Whoever scores more in a 5 min overtime whether its 3-0 or 14-7 would win.
If something like this doesn't happen, I would rather have it left as is.

Originally Posted by msw1233

Originally Posted by parada45

It's not like the team that wins the coin toss wins 100% of the time

no - but it is like 70%, right?  That indicates a problem..to me at least.
The hell you getting those numbers from.
laugh.gif

First few years this decade it was pretty much split 50/50, some years its far less (this year was in the 30 percentile).

Its not like there is this astonishing high percentage rate of winners because of the coin flip.

Its not perfect but its not as horrible as some of you make it out to be.

Back
Top Bottom