NFL Week 1 In Review...

S4L

Post your observations from Week 1...

-I'm barely on here anymore and I see NT still hasn't changed. Cowboys win, it's the o-line that won it for them on that last drive. No Dez, no timeouts, and needing a TD and Romo makes it look like OTA practices. While on the other hand...

-Coughlin makes a decision to trust his 10+ year veteran QB to either get a TD or at the very least take a sack to burn the clock and what does Eli decide to do? Toss it out the endzone while no one blames him after the game. LOL. Can't spell failure with Eli.

-Derek Carr? Nah...

-That Rams d-line just might be the best in the league this year. Or the Seahawks o-line really is that bad.

-Pay Kam.

-Another Lions meltdown. Like clockwork.

-Rob Ryan won't make it through the season.

-Seeing ODB cry after the game was just beautiful. He's really embracing that NY mentality. LOL.

-Patriots picking up where they left off.

-Peyton missing throws all over yesterday.

-Tyrod did good in his 1st start. Doesn't really need to do too much with that defense playing like that.

-Texans will win no more than 5 games. NT will give JJ Watt credit for all 5 wins.

-James Jones. The new Greg Jennings/Jordy Nelson/whoever else Aaron decides to make a Top 10 WR.

-Falcons & 49ers with the W tonight.

Quotes of the Week
-“I hope they plan to come at me, It’ll make my coming out party a lot more exciting. The more opportunities to make plays, the more plays I’ll make."-Kam Chancellor's replacement before giving up a game tying TD with 40 secs left.
-Waiting for the pick-Giants fan last drive
-At this rate, we may get a week 1 "We'll be fine..."-Dude who's wife hasn't taught him 4th quarter comebacks in football knowledge class yet.
-Cowboy's have the most fraudulent fanbase in the entire universe-Eagles fan who's own mother is a Cowboys fan.
-We gonna get DirecTV Romo or Cable Romo here?? Turnover coming up hopefully-Giants fan last drive
-inb4 fumble-Giants fan last drive
-Waiting for the pick-Giants fan last drive
-_______________-Every Giants fan after last drive

Last edited:
laugh.gif

- That was an awful 3rd and goal call for the Giants.

- Bills defense is going to be nasty.

- Tyler Eifert is going to have  a huge year.

- Raiders didn't have many bright spots at all.

- Pretty typical Matt Stafford performance, right?

-Brady,AR,MM8 and Romo at the end all looked surgical.

-A bunch of many people's AFC favorites looked unimpressive as hell (Pitt,Indy,Baltimore)

-Skins gonna Skin,Lions gonna Lion,Bucs gon Buc,Raiders gonna Raider,Browns gon Brown

-CJ and Ronnie are about to have 550 carries split between the 2 this season with Peytons arm going all Daffy Duck on them.

-Bills looking legit this year. Rex is perfect for them and it looks like they have a QB in Tyrod now...

-Still not that worried about the Fins and the Jets...naa :lol:

-St Louis gunning for that NFC West throne this season?

-Houston :smh:

-The Dez news sucks but I'm kind of happy he won't be on the field week 6 :lol:.

-Looks like the year of the TE is here :lol: :smokin

-Pay Kam,also should've spent $ on the OL...

Last edited:
I'm expected a lot more from the Raiders

I loved the Rams but Seattle will be fine

Tannehill looked pretty shaky

Texans need a QB in the worst way

Giants and OBJ should be crying

Peyton looks finished

My mom is an Eagles fan clown

...but your step father is a Cowboys fan though right? ....and mama is in love with him though right?

Colts:

**** oline play
**** linebacker play
**** play from darius butler
**** gm who fails to address needs that are staring him in the face so bad even Stevie Wonder can see it.

**** this ****. I predicted a Colts SB. Only thing they are doing is another early playoff exit and another year where Luck is going to waste.

Get your **** together Irsay and Grigson!

- well that took no time for Cowboys fans to complain about not getting their props here on NT lol, Romo is a machine though
- Tom Coughlin on his Pete Carroll steeze, what an idiotic decision to pass the ball on third down and THEN proceed to kick a field goal
- Preston Parker is a B-U-M
- Giants linebackers are gonna be in trouble all season if they can't cover a running back, that was a pathetic effort all night long

Other games
- Rams always play the Seahawks tough at home, Foles threw some dimes when it mattered most.
- woulda met Pacman Jones in the locker room after the game with the yoppa if I was Amari Cooper
- Suh is such scumbag lol
- Saints ran more screen plays than I've ever seen in my life :x
- Detroit was up 21-3 and then proceeded to get wiped out by Keenan Allen
- great game by Mariota, I thought the Bucs would be better than that but boy was I wrong. Their O-Line and defense is HORRID

whole lot of TERRRRRRIBLE offensive line play yesterday, good lord some of these quarterbacks stood no chance

Last edited:
Whoever decided to pass on that 3rd down should be fired

Cowboys will miss Demarco ..that running game ain't scaring nobody

-Rams defense is just unreal, they might be a problem in that division if they can keep it together.

-That was probably the best drive I've seen from Romo, but it doesn't help that the Giants looked like they were scared to cover Dunbar at the end. And :smh: at Dez being out, one of my favs.

-Tyrod freaking Taylor at QB is only gonna work for so long.

-James Jones is back for the Pack :pimp:. Too bad Jordy is gone for the year.

-Peyton and his limp noodle are done, but I like Denver's defense. They'll still contend in the AFC.

-As much as I dislike Baltimore I hate seeing Suggs hurt, dude is a force in those Steelers/Ravens games.

Steelers:

-Ben needs Martavis Bryant so that DHB and the ever underachieving Markus Wheaton can stop acting like they know how to catch footballs.

-DeAngelo Williams was a nice surprise.

-Ben and AB, the best combo in football.

-DBs suck, but with the Dline not really getting pressure combined with Brady's quick release, they really had no chance. They'll be fine tho, too much talent there.

- Tyrod :nthat:

- Suh :rolleyes

- Peyton :frown:

- Mariota :wow:

- Suggs :tongue:

- Dez :smh:

- Panthers/Jags :stoneface:

- Giants :lol:

Ready for tonight. 8) :smokin

Last edited:
"As a running back, it's really tough when they tell you not to score," Jennings said.

LOL. Giants telling Jennings don't even attempt to score on those last goal line plays.

I don't understand that given the situation (if true)

Someone clarify

So who was telling him not to score and why? This from Eli Manning may help explain:

"I thought they had used their last timeout on that play to Odell when we got the first down," Manning said. "I thought that they only had one timeout left after that. I guess since there was a penalty, even though we declined it, for some reason that stops the clock."

That is true. By rule, the clock stops on a penalty in the final five minutes of the fourth quarter whether the penalty is declined or accepted. Manning didn't know this, and so he assumed Dallas had called timeout and that the clock would keep running after Jennings' second-down run.

"Bad clock management there," Manning said.

Bills are going to give my Pats a run for their money this year, nice to see some better competition this year in our division

Tyrod Taylor is for real

Rams D line is nasty

Giants vs Cowboys was sloppy at all times until that game winning drive from Romo :pimp:

Jags still suck

Oakland will go Oakland

They need to get another QB in Houston

KC looked pretty good

Denver, Colts, Baltimore, and Miami are in trouble

MM8 really showed out

On a side note Cowboys will make the playoffs despite not having Dez for 6weeks

TEs were putting on some impressive stats Sunday

Brandon Marshall is a bully

Last edited:
- Mariota looked great, i wanna see him vs a legit defense tho

- a healthy Eifert will he huge for Cincy

- never expected James Jones to be that involved right away

- DeAndre Hopkins is a beast no matter who the QB is

- Bortles looks better than last year

- Abdullah is gonna be a problem

- Jets on pace for 16 wins :pimp:

- Seahawks should've passed it

The real is back.......

-Folks actually thought the Raiders would be different and improved this year. Same dysfunctional team and dysfunctional fanbase....those two are constant.

-What happened to the Texans?? This is why you don't reward bad teams in the off-season with a show like Hard Knocks. It gives folks a false sense of accomplishment as if they actually belong. I would rather there be no Hard Knocks at all, just cancel the show if need be then to have the Texans on.

-Glad we don't have to see those "JJ Watt for MVP" co-signs this year.

Seattle....had a spark when they started. They paid everyone except the main person they needed to and now it's showing.

-Diplomats, how low can this franchise go. Pretty much at rock bottom at this point.

-Looking forward to the return of Navarro Bowman tonight!!

Seahawks:

-That game sucked to watch.  Our O-line got absolutely destroyed in both the pass and the running games.

-Our defense didn't look very good either.  Missing tackles.  Kam was definitely missed.

-Wowwww did the LBs play bad.  Bobby Wagner did not play well.

-Foles played well.  Donald played great.

-Wilson started pretty damn slow but was doing well once we went to the hurry up.  We couldn't take a single deep shot because there was so little time available in the pocket.

-Bevell's play calling was atrocious.  Jermaine Kearse gets the most targets??  Bubble screens to Doug Baldwin??  Bro....

-With that said we've lost to the Rams in St. Louis 3 out of the last 4 seasons—yup, look it up.  So I'm not freaking out.  Was just a shame to leave there without a win again, and they might be better than I've expected.

-Positives:  Again, the hurry-up offense was great and we stepped up after a slow start (what's new).  Tyler Lockett was a beast.  Jimmy Graham actually had a nice debut and the D-Line did a nice job of putting on pressure at times.

We have a long way to go, especially going into GB next week.  But I expect it to be a much more pleasant game than playing the Rams always is.

The league:

Tyrod & the Bills 
pimp.gif

Mariota & the Titans 
pimp.gif

Dolphins looked ugly, the offense especially.

Last edited:
Packers won but I'm really tired of Dom Capers soft *** defense.

I didn't see anyone out there hitting besides Clay and Peppers, as usual.  Almost every other game I turn to there are dudes laying the wood. 

Mariota looked very calm out there... Did not expect him to drop 4 on em.

Seahawks. I see you gave it to Marshawn on 4th and 1... But maybe it wasn't a great idea to do it out of the gun.  That play was shot as soon as the ball was snapped.
roll.gif

Please don't pay Kam until after next week.

Back
Top Bottom