NFL Week 4 In Review...

S4L

Post your observations from Week 4...

-Glad to have the refs back.

-Saints are done.

-The Cardinals and Falcons are both undefeated, but neither are the best team in the NFC.

-Blame goes to Sanchez, but whoever the hell the Jets GM is has done a horrible job.

-Don't know who's better between the Chargers and Broncos.

-Giants won't make the playoffs.

-Seattle away from home is just a completely different team.

-Luck is a key part to winning games and the Eagles seem to have more of it than last year.

-Chris Johnson had 141yds. 5.6 per carry.

-Can't really put the blame on Cam yesterday, but young man, you got to put that ball away.

-Vikings might mess around have a winning record before their bye week, but then it's all down hill after that. LOL.

-RG3 clutch? Nah...

Quote of the Week and possible QOTY...
-I think the worst thing about the call is that it is going to completely take away from the fact that Seattle won the game.-Seattle fan who lost a grip on reality Monday night.

Giants played well enough to win the game and should have, defense held them to 19 points, big 3rd down stops all game, but got greedy at the end. They run a simple draw and kick a FG its a Giants win, but they got greedy. Can't let divisional opponents off the hook.

Prince looked good on Maclin, only allowed 1 reception. Played off a bit but made open field tackles.

Hixon 114 yards, the Giants missed Nicks down field speed yesterday. Injuries are a concern, I see a big difference in outcome yesterday with Nicks out there.

JPP IS the entire defensive line. Osi/Tuck have been very inconsistent for the past two seasons.

Giants special teams was flawless, they found a new go-to guy with David Wilson and Weatherford did not give the Eagles good field position all game.

Bennett looked good yesterday, mainly blocking situations

Giants team looks better than the team they had last season.

Other:

Cardinals had an off game defensively but still made the plays when it mattered most.

Jets are just a bad football team all around, and they use Tebow for everything EXCEPT RUN.

People will gas the Pats up when they win 11 games in their weak division as they do every year.

Texans continue to just win.

Watch the Eagles have 41057985 turnovers the next game.

Saints are obviously finished, Lions are not a good team at all. Vikings look to be a problem the way Ponder has been playing this season, and they have the defense and run game to match.

Matt Ryan threw a balloon on that first pass and the Panthers didn't know what to do with it, pathetic defense effort that last drive.

Raiders gon' Raid.

NFC East is wide open and the Giants have a good team, I'll take my chances.

quote of the week:

"Let's see what happens when he goes through surgery," Jets head coach Rex Ryan said on Friday according to Seth Walder of the New York Daily News. "Because if there's that 0.0002% chance that he can play in the Super Bowl, why would take the option away from him?

-RGIII absolutely WAS clutch yesterday. Calling his own plays for the last 2:00 (headset transmitter in his helmet wasn't working) as a rookie, 4 games in??? U kidding me? Good for him. Did what he had to do to put the team in position to get the win. That's what you want out of a QB. If that wasn't clutch, then what exactly is? Gotta give credit when credit is due.

-Cam, most scrutinized QB not named Vick. People don't like the fact that he's cocky. Take away all your bias and hate for a second and you might realize that he's a damn good player. Gotta protect the ball in that situation. You get the win, and folks don't care about what you did in the pregame, the A-Town stomp, etc. You get the loss, EVERYTHING will be dissected. Goes w/ the territory. Keep your head up.

-Why bring in Tebow? Jets are the biggest disaster in the NFL.

-Carlos Rogers w/ the gift-wrapped TD yesterday. LOL.

-Aaron Rodgers w/ the throw of the weekend to James Jones. **** was on a rope.

-Charles Johnson w. a whale of a game yesterday....Dude shoved the **** outta Matty Ice for his last sack of the day.

*Anyone got a gif or vid of the lick Calvin Johnson took?

Texans
-Run game needs work, and so does the run defense.
-Kareem Jackson played his best game yesterday, I hope he continues to grow as a player

League
-CJ sighting :wow:, that o-line played well though
-Eagles continue to win these close games, and they took care of the ball yesterday
-Jets offense is so damn poor
-How do you let a team drive 79 yards down the field in 59 seconds?
-If Cam holds on, then that awful defense doesn't have to go out there
-Matty Ice and Roddy White :smokin
-Peyton with a nice game :smokin
-That GB v. N.O. was so poorly officiated, how fitting.
-Kolb had a good game but his running game and o-line suck
-Ryan Fitzpatrick: who thought it was smart to give that dude that contract?

If that wasn't clutch, then what exactly is? Gotta give credit when credit is due.

Clutch this week, but not getting his team in position to win last week and taking a horrible sack is what exactly? Oh I see how it is in D.C....

QOTW is the most Pro-Packers statement I think I've ever seen shoes make.
laugh.gif

I didn't get to watch much football yesterday other than the Pack.  The refs almost blew it again too :smh:

Graham Harrell turning the ball over on his first NFL snap.
alien.gif

Was that really his fault though? Saturday unintentionally tripped him as he was about to hand the ball off. I'd give him a bit of a pass there.

As nice as that pass was from Rodgers to Jones, Tannehill to Hartline was a close second.

Was that really his fault though? Saturday unintentionally tripped him as he was about to hand the ball off. I'd give him a bit of a pass there.

As nice as that pass was from Rodgers to Jones, Tannehill to Hartline was a close second.
You gotta be able to get out of there quickly though in GL situations... You know theres 5-6 down DL that are going to surge and get some push so the QB needs to make sure hes got the snap and is out of there quickly.  He wasn't tripped until his 2nd or 3rd step so that tells me he was moving too slow.

-Glad the regular refs are back calling games... Somoe of the calls that went down the last couple weeks :wow: :rofl:
-Sanchez & that Jets offense are a mess... The Tebow discussions are pretty much right on time. I don't think they should make the switch just yet though.
-Saints... Wow.
-CJ coming through with a big game... Good to see him put up numbers like that again.
-Pats going to work in that 2nd half
-Great 4th qtr in that Giants / Eagles game... Eagles pulling out another close W. As for NY, can't blame Tynes for those missed FG's, that pass inference killed the Giants. Any Reid is one luck dude, though :nerd: :lol:
-Carolina / ATL game was great too... Cam's gotta hold onto that ball though. ATL's last drive was very impressive.
-I don't get all the hate for Cam either :nerd: Yea he's gotta fix the attitude when he's down & be a leader, but that shouldn't warrant all this hate.
-Props to RGIII for finishing off that game calling his own plays, especially this early in the season during his first year

--49ers defense is tops in the leauge :pimp: :pimp:

--Glad the real refs are back.

--Skins players are so bad that they get injuried in pregame, just awful.

--The Falcons are a good time, but as usual they are a dome team. Take them out of their element and I don't see them playing so good. That's why I expect a very competetive game next Sunday in DC.

--Eagles have Lady Luck on their side so far this year.

--Oakland, just start thinking about next year.

--Wonder who is going to throw more interceptions tonight??

--People really thought Seattle was that nice, not a chance.

Eagles
I THINK THE WORLD MIGHT BE ENDING SOON, VICK HAD ZEEEEERO TURNOVERS AND ZEEEEEEERO SACKS!!!!!
- Osi Osi Osi, and the rest of the Giants d-line CONTINUE to be made a fool of by Lesean McCoy, they truly have no pregame preparation for him it seems
- Good to see Desean get a TD finally
- Nnamdi continues to disappoint me, getting beat deep repeatedly every week it seems. I don’t care about your eye injury, if you’re on the field PLAY up to your contract
- Way too many pass interference penalties, DRC and Nnamdi gotta realize the real refs are gonna call it and stop trying to grab and whatnot after 5 yards
- Redzone playcalling was atrocious yesterday :smh:
- Style points are for the media, I’ll take 3 close W’s anyday. Shows we got composure to pull through anything

Everyone Else
- J-E-T-S are the most pathetic team to watch offensively in the NFL, **** is damn near torture. What more does Sanchez need to show? Give Tebow a shot and sign T.O. or Plax, what harm would it do? Putting him in at fullback/receiver is fooling NOBODY
- Houston might mess around and go undefeated. There’s NOTHING they can’t do out there, very impressive team on all fronts. Watt got a stranglehold on DPOY so far
- Atlanta keeps on chugging, the Panthers should literally cut EVERY player in their secondary. Safety play was ABYSMAL yesterday. Cam needs to humble himself and focus on making winning plays instead of his TD celebrations
- Props to Kevin Kolb for coming through on 4th down and throwing a TD, Dolphins played a good game overall though
- Is there any quarterback in the league that wets the bed more than Ryan Fitzpatrick? Seems like EVERY TIME he gets a lead he blows it
- Madden curse has struck EARLY for the Lions
- Bengals are quietly 3-1, AJ Green destroyed Rashean Mathis all day
- What a tough loss for the Saints, great effort and the refs nearly screwed the Packers again but the kicker bricked the game winner, gonna be a long year for New Orleans
- What is Russell Wilson out there doing that Matt Flynn can't?
- The Bucs defense is pathetic, let RG3 complete every pass right down the middle to set up the game winner

Last edited:
didnt catch much other than the SF game...

-Welcome back Defense. Way to make up for last week, Dirty Sanchez didnt make it to difficult
laugh.gif

-Chris Johnson, welcome to the 2012 season

-Jets = paper airplanes

-Matt Ryan continues to ball out

Steelers- DeCastro was hanging out with Andrew Luck at the WVU game Saturday & walking without any limp. Great sign!

Rest of the NFL-
- Lulz @ the Ray Lewis rumors yesterday.
- Refs have better control of the games but a lot of the calls are still awful especially in the Aints/GB game.
- Feel for KC & Bills fans. Among the best most loyal fans bases even if the teams suck.
- Texans run the play action (run action) better than any team I can remember. JJ Watt is a beast. Can't wait to see how this team plays against good teams.
- Barron has the old school safety flavor. That hit on RGIII though, damn.
- Wasn't sure how RGIII would do in the Pros, but he looks like the real deal.
- I'm not hatin' on Cam, but that stupid *** dancin' & the Panthers still lost. Charles Johnson was the only dude on the Panther D that showed up to play...
- Zona & Vikes with big Ws yesterday keeping that momentum going.
- Woody Johnson deserves what he gets with Tannenbuam & Rex.
- Cincy had a good win yesterday, but they have to prove they can beat good teams. That receiving corp though, mad deep.
- Peyton can make average WRs look like world beaters.
- Detroit is losing because it doesn't have disciplined players. SMH @ Megatron & Pettigrew dropping passes yesterday. At least the Lions showed how not to play special teams yesterday. Can only go up from there. It's still early in the season, so it can be turned around but damn...
- Chargers quietly putting together a good start of the season reversing the trend for them the last 5 years or so. Pagano was a great hire for DC, might save Turner's job.
- Damn, did the 9ers really stay on the road for the last 2 weeks?

Last edited:
Philly
- 0 Turnovers
- 0 Sacks given up
-Effective Run game really took the pressure off of our oline. It was nice to see Mike actually have some damn time to throw.
-Kick coverage was horrible, last night. Giants started a lot of their possessions with great field position
-Still having issues finishing off drives
-Defense stifled the run game for the most part
-Refs tried to give NYG the game, last night. Shouldn't have even came down to that field goal, but whatever.
-Secondary was shaky tonight, at the same time Giants oline gave Eli good protection (Enough time to get those short passes off)
-Eli leads the league in red zone picks since 2010. He blessed us with another one on the very first play of the 4th quarter
-We can play the what if game all day, we're 3-1 regardless.

League
-Jets :x
-NE putting up 31 in the 4th :x
-Houston looks really good. #1 in the league, right now.
-Arizona will go as far as Kolb can take them. Running game was awful yesterday, and Wells is out.
-Saints are probably done.
-Predicted the Vikes to win 6+ this season. Looks like they're trying to do a lot more.
-Carolina's defense on that last drive was horrific.

Want the Bears to win MNF, but my gut is telling me that Dallas will pull it off.

Last edited:
Clutch this week, but not getting his team in position to win last week and taking a horrible sack is what exactly? Oh I see how it is in D.C....

So, you say he isn't clutch...then admit he was clutch yesterday.

Seems like that Marlo quote applies to you.

So, you say he isn't clutch...then admit he was clutch yesterday.

I wasn't admitting anything slow mcdonald. I was asking you a question..

Hope Revis recovers quick enough for the Super Bowl. Nobody should have to sit on the couch and watch with a knee injury like that.

:lol: :rofl: Sanchize :pimp:

Raiders and Jets both lookin at Matt Barkley and Geno Smith in their futures.

Saints simply wastin a year of Brees career. :smh:

Megatron let one go in the end zone. :frown: Dude never lets **** like that go. That Vike D tho, they poppin fools out there. I really don't see how they pull it off, but the Vikes are sneaky tough.

LeSean McCoy should ALWAYS be the one drivin the bus Reid. Figure that **** out with your fat self.

Houston is SOLID if healthy

21-7 Buffalo, I thought we were seeing the end of the Patriots. 9 minutes later........

Manning is getting it done but his passes wobble worse than Tebow. Ironic that Tebow was good practice last year for these wide receivers to get ready for Peyton. :lol:

With the Saints tore up, Atlanta could have the division by Halloween, work on homefield, and maybe they're set up for a run, but honestly, I still don't trust them. However, Matt Ryan has really improved. He don't check down no mo.

Cutler v Romo tonight should be fantastic Twitter fodder.

RGIII :smokin That kid Morris was a find as well.

Rams rookie kicker boots a 60 and a 50 yarder?????? I see that right? :wow:

Green Bay is winning (well, when the refs allow them to) but something seems off. I wonder if they are pacing themselves or something this year. Beat down by San Fran, struggled like hell with Seattle, now the Saints give em fits with their sorry state....just not as crisp in GB right now.

Palmer, Sanchez, Kolb......scrubs with big games vs the Dolphins. Our secondary gonna get a lot of attention in the draft, but you absolutely have NO shot at running the ball against the Phins. And teams are noticing, don't even bother trying. Ryan Williams really ran that rock yesterday boy. :lol: We're automatic 300 yards for crappy QB's tho. That needs to be addressed.

I didn't want him, but Ryan Tannehill is making me rethink my stance. 4 games in, he has command of the offense, calls plays at the line, adjusts the line, getting more comfortable throwing the ball around, just needs a weapon or two to come in and give him more than 3 viable options. Like what I seen so far.

Olsen, Gore, McGahee score for the U. Something stupid like 159 out of the last 160 weeks. :pimp:

No Pitt game, hopefully relearning how to at D

Giants still look good to me, don't let them in the playoffs
Nice win for Philly
Reid almost blew it with that TO. I thought they were going to cut that
Bengals looked pretty good but still need to keep it up when the schedule toughens
Green is real good
Dave Lapham is impossible to listen to. NFL films will have to it his audio out if they make a DVD (Cincy fans know)
Jets O is just awful
Buffalo D is just awful. Lots of money for little return
Amazing how quickly the public has turned on Cam
Nice to see RGIII pull that off
Raiders....c'mon now
Broncos will be tough in playoffs
Texans looking real nice
WTH happened to the Lions? Seems all coaching to me
Huge drop by Sproles
Pitt and Philly next week. I fear Vick and Jackson killing the D

Back
Top Bottom