NFL Week 4 In Review...

Their defensive unit is clearly better and more opportunistic than Detroit.

As I said, in spite of Sunday. Very poor Cutler performance. No excuses.

Their defensive unit is clearly better and more opportunistic than Detroit.

As I said, in spite of Sunday. Very poor Cutler performance. No excuses.

Without Henry Melton the Bears have the definition of a mediocre defense.

Cutler performance or not Reggie Bush destroyed them.

The Lions legitimately should have scored 60+ points.

Dude were running wide open in the secondary.

Yesterday was the worst game Stafford has played since last year and they gave up 40 points.

Last edited:
Seven sacks that didn't come from the Skins pressure so much as Flynn holding onto the ball when he should have been throwing, not seeing pressure when it rushing right in front of him, and having generally terrible pocket presence. The first turnover came from him holding on too long (which isn't something Washington was forcing; Flynn showed these terrible qualities in the pre-season too), and the second came on the last possession of the game for the Raiders, when it was essentially over and he lost grip of the football trying to leap on 4th and 1.

I'll take back that Washington didn't have a good game defensively. I'll say instead that ANY team would have had a good game defensively against Matt Flynn and that Washington happened to benefit having him behind center rather than Pryor.

fair enough....another thread for another day: how matt flynn bamboozled the seahawks to give him 10 mil guaranteed.

Nnamdi has probably swung the perception pendulum too far the other way by being so bad in Philly. He was outstanding in Oakland.

Once he lost a step it was all downhill.. Unlike revis, he was strictly a press outside corner.. Which is extremely valuable especially in today's nfl with offenses forcing defenses into simple coverage.. So you need CBs who can man up, allow for a single high safety and the SS can roam a bit (which is what Seattle excels at)

But with Nnamdi he used his long arms in press extremely well.. And he had the speed to recover if you got of the jam.. And he used the sideline extremely well

But once he lost a step, he lost his confidence.. And unlike Charles Woodson, he wasn't physical enough to be used in a hybrid CB/S/LB role.. And wasn't savvy enough as a football player to play any other coverage than press man

After week 1 AJ has actually been held pretty ell and you can see the frustration. Ike in week 2, Packers week 3 and Haden last week. 41, 46, 51 yards and one TD. Hopefully he stays frustrated in Cincy and exercises free agency :lol:

Henry Melton is not the reason Peanut, Jennings, Briggs, Peppers have been successful.

Reggie did carve them out though. No excuse or explanation.

Henry Melton is not the reason Peanut, Jennings, Briggs, Peppers have been successful.

Reggie did carve them out though. No excuse or explanation.

All them dudes are old.

Even before last week they had been giving up points and yards at an unBears like rate.

Its why I liked our chances so much.

Position group by position group the only one that favors the Bears is cornerback and probably Tight End.

SP: Both 3-1 with GB chasing. Let's see.

I do like Schwartz more as a DC than HC.

Last edited:
Peep: For me, the one special trait Romo possesses second to only Ben is escapability. Keeps plays alive despite poor OL play. Throws well under pressure, on the run.

If I had a gun to my head, I would give Romo a small edge cuz of his stats and I think his teammates actually do like him. I don't think the Bears give a damn about Cutler other than Marshall. :lol:

I think Cutler being unliked/unlikable is purely a media creation. Personally I think the guy's attitude is awesome.

I think he has definitely improved his image and perception of attitude. No idea if it actually changed or if his teammates even had a problem with him to begin with

Jay was definitely an aloof character, media creation or not. I don't know. He's definitely improved his attitude under Trestman. Thought he turned a corner until Detroit.

QB is the one position that will always be overly scrutinized.

Eli Manning isn't "aloof"? He never got that kind of criticism

Not to mention that crap about not getting back into the game with an injury

Am I the only one not impressed with Russell Wilson? Homie hasn't looked too good so far this year.

His offensive line is a mess due to injuries, plus they've played three of the best defenses in the league so far (at least up front). The only break Wilson's really had was Jacksonville.

Eli has two rings. Gives you credibility. Gives you breathing room. Like it or not.

Jay's Denver squad with Shanny and Marshall. Think it was '08, was his best shot at a SB.

Eli got that criticism for a while but winning championships shuts people up. Eli is still a goofy looking dude on the field at times.

Cutler just seems like a punk to me. I think his teammates deal with him cuz they have to.

Everything I see it seems like his teammates like him. I guess Marshall is the best example, but it's not like that dude is easygoing either.

Peep: For me, the one special trait Romo possesses second to only Ben is escapability. Keeps plays alive despite poor OL play. Throws well under pressure, on the run.

Ok, well I can definitely see that, which is why all those Favre comparisons are pretty spot on. Not sure if I've ever consistently seen Cutler not having a crappy o-line, or at least not in Chicago

Back
Top Bottom