NFL Week 7 In Review...

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

- LOL at E.J. Biggers getting froze by Roy Williams off the line on the touchdown

roll.gif

but yeah

Bucs OLine is atrocious
they did an awful job addressing them in the off season and now that 2 Lineman are hurt, its Horrendous.

sick.gif
that field in England, Bucs players complained about the condition of it in the week, and then EG goes out there and ruptures his achilles on it
indifferent.gif

TANARDSBACK !

The Rams are $!#!@*@ Pitiful.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by SportsJunkie

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Well, people can kill that Adrian Peterson vs Chris Johnson talk. Clearlly Peterson is the wayyy better back. Peterson has a great work ethnic. He is a gym rat. Chris Johnson is the total opposite.

who the hell thought any different

during the year he run for 2,000 yards.prolly majority of niketalk was saying Johnson wsa better. even then he wasnt better than Peterson.

every week it was CJ > AP ...
roll.gif
... WIR thread was hilarious ... ratio had to be 80 - 20% ... someone please dig up those threads and the CJ > threads 

dudes longest carry yesterday was for 3 yards though
alien.gif

• Big Ben really needs to learn to get rid of the ball ASAP.
  • Love the Steelers receiving corp. The sky's the limit with these guys.
  • Said this in another thread, Mike Wallace is having the career Limas Sweed was supposed to have.
  • Said this in another thread too. Tebow is like a hot girl that doesn't put out. Your all excited that your with her but you be severely disappointed anyway. Yesterday was a mercy HJ. LOL.
  • Like being 5-2 going into the toughest part of the schedule with the Pats at home next week & the ratbirds at home again the following week.
  • Saints hanging 62 on the Colts was sad to see.
  • Some ugly games were played yesterday.
  • Aaron Rodgers & The Pack are a beast.
  • Cam Newton not only has a cannon for an arm but is throwing accurately.
  • Hue Jackson had some comments for that nice guy Haley. Why can't coaches learn to shake hands like a good sport like they teach in Pop Warner. Still scratching my head tryin' to figure out how Harbaugh & Schwartz didn't get fined.
  • Whoever taped up Matt Ryan's ankle after it was made to look like a right angle should get trainer of the year.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

- The Lions novelty has slowed. One dimensional for the most part and have been looking a bit stagnant on more than one occassion lately...Playoffs still likely at this point, but maybe another year away.
And to think, I could of sworn I read something like this from another member on this board roughly 3 weeks ago.
nerd.gif

- That move Cam made on that 25 yard run
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

- Tebow
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
.. They have to run the offense normally though, if he cant do it just put him back on the bench

- Ponder played better than expected

- If/when the Packers do lose, it will be because of that defense.. Overrated

- Knew the Lions would fall into a slump.. If they're really a good team, theyll still make the playoffs.. 

- Brees
pimp.gif

- Foster is a BEAST 

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by ColdCity

who the hell thought any different

during the year he run for 2,000 yards.prolly majority of niketalk was saying Johnson wsa better. even then he wasnt better than Peterson.

every week it was CJ > AP ...
roll.gif
... WIR thread was hilarious ... ratio had to be 80 - 20% ... someone please dig up those threads and the CJ > threads 

dudes longest carry yesterday was for 3 yards though
alien.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 exactly. you remember that thread. I hope someone pull it up as well. it was during the time Peterson had his fumbling issue. Every was on Chris Johnson Jock. Peterson is killing this dude

Does anyone still want to say Revis isn't the best CB in the league?

Who said he wasn't?

FYI his 'physical' style of play is awesome. Real old school and at that time CBs were allowed to actually play defense without having a flag thrown.

Drew Breesus 
pimp.gif

Cam is impressing me. I honestly hopes he keeps progressing. It'd be great to have more Black "Elite" QBs representing. I know they're some people out there who didn't think he was smart enough
indifferent.gif
. He still has a bunch of work to do though.

Pay Matt Forte already damn it. Watch the Bears franchise him and end up paying around 10 million.

I saw the Ray Lewis and John Gruden interview earlier. Didn't know Ray was sponsored by WD40. Props
pimp.gif

If the Lions D line said that B.S. about Matty, they are idiots. I've been thinking Suh was dirty since college anyway.

The Raiders 1st round pick looking real good.
tongue.gif

If I'm Andrew Luck. I want NO PARTS of the Dolphins. That team is sad losing in that manner.

Boy it sucked having to watch the Seahawks and Browns.

^ I'm not sure as to why a lot of people think Luck will avoid the Draft simply because he doesn't want to play in Miami. By next year, you know that they'll have a new coach in place and it's most likely going to be Bill Cowher. Especially if they end up with the #1 pick. Besides, Miami's warm weather is a great place for quarterbacks....I'd go there, easily.

^ I'm not sure as to why a lot of people think Luck will avoid the Draft simply because he doesn't want to play in Miami. By next year, you know that they'll have a new coach in place and it's most likely going to be Bill Cowher. Especially if they end up with the #1 pick. Besides, Miami's warm weather is a great place for quarterbacks....I'd go there, easily.

If Cowher is the coach, that's one thing. They still have a lot of work to do.

True. I guess all I'm saying is that a team has to start somewhere and in Luck's case, he's the most sought after guy in a long time so he should be expecting to go to a team that isn't great right now.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Kam and ET, Best young safety duo in the league
pimp.gif

Watching the Seahawks on offense was beyond painful. Tears of embarrassment
tired.gif

That hit that Kam made
sick.gif
Seahawks were pitiful yesterday though. The 'highlight' reel of the game
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Protect Schaub, usually good things happen. Let the good times roll.
pimp.gif

CJ2K just isn't running hard; I havent seen the Titans that overmatched in a long time.
Cam.
Rodgers.
Demarco Murray
Brees

Originally Posted by RKO2004

If Cowher is the coach, that's one thing. They still have a lot of work to do.

If our last game is over at 1:30, by 1:31 that front office will be CLEARED out, be it them being fired, or fired upon, either way, they're done. 

So whatever QB gets picked in the top 5 by us, will have a new coach/GM and a complete rebuild.  Sell off any spare parts we can, get 9-10 picks in the draft, and move on.  That's my hope anyways.  We've screwed up about 20 drafts since 83, hopefully the new crew knows how to scout good talent and make good picks. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'd rather go play for the Dolphins than Denver/Indy.

Well colts the way they looking now are atrocious, but next year he would get to sit behind and watch peyton play for a few years and have a smoother transition into NFL, whereas in miami he will be expected, by fans anyways, to be playing from his rookie year. Steve young and aaron rodgers had it nice.

- I don't think I've ever seen defenses look this bad almost halfway through the season.

- Forte is an absolute monster. He somehow seems to get better every year. Best all-around RB in the league. Pay that man.

- Outside of the few huge performances (Brees/A-Rodg/Foster/Forte), there was a lot of really bad football this weekend.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

- Steve Smith...Most complete wideout in the league and it ain't close.
- Rivers is my guy but damn he has not been good this year.
- Dolphins fans rooting for 0-16, what a pathetic franchise.  Would love to see the Colts go 0-`6 to and get Luck over them just to see their fans reaction.
- Jets Pass D is still the best in the league.
roll.gif
You are still the worst poster in S&T
Word...Cause I can go into the AFC East thread and have you look foolish in a second.  Or dig up the one from last year.  Your existence as a NFL fan is coming into Jets threads to try and make snide comments here and there cause your franchise hasn't been relevant in a decade.  To attempt to be relevant your franchise is trying to lose every game this season and your happy about that.  Ok...

And does Calvin Johnson block as well as Steve Smith? CJ might be the best because of how phyically dominant he is but the variety of routes Smitty runs, the blocking skills and being the leader on that team, I think he is the most complete.  I fully believe if Smitty hadn't has spent his career playing with crap QB after crap QB he would be waltzing into Canton.  Cam is prolly the best QB he has ever had and Cam is a rookie who is still prone to mistakes.  He's never had Brady/Manning/Warner to throw him the rock.

I really, really don't want to see Luck end up on the Dolphins.  
BTW, any chance that a team pulls a Ditka and gives up nearly their entire draft for the #1?  I think it could happen if somehow the Rams ended up with it.

Originally Posted by ssjjfar

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'd rather go play for the Dolphins than Denver/Indy.

Well colts the way they looking now are atrocious, but next year he would get to sit behind and watch peyton play for a few years and have a smoother transition into NFL, whereas in miami he will be expected, by fans anyways, to be playing from his rookie year. Steve young and aaron rodgers had it nice.

I see what you're saying but I think he could be ready as soon as next year, maybe ride the bench for a year.  I believe he'd be a QB who'd benefit from coming right in and playing.

AMP, let's not get out of hand here.  Cam ain't as good as Jake Delhomme was in 04 or 05.  Don't let his last couple years make you think he was never good.

Back
Top Bottom