NFL Week 8 In Review...

All things considered, Peyton deserves a ton of credit, but let's not act like he has bums that he's upgrading on offense. I distinctly remember Demariyus taking a few bubble screen passes to the house. And going up and catching those wobbly *** footballs Peyton has thrown this year. Decker...has had a few memorable drops though.

Thomas also fumbled like four games in a row. It's a learning process for the ENTIRE offense - no one has been flawless.

They're getting there, though. :smokin

He did it last season, and the season beforehand? has he always done it?

i livein the tri state and all i ever hear is how inconsistent Eli is and up and down he was up until last season.

So one great season of Production means hes Elite? Stafford and Cam would like to has a discussion with you.

And Rodgers did have an off game, His throws were off, his WRs were dropping ****, he did not look like the Arod we saw all season.

Was it cause of the Giants? Maybe, was it cause he had a bad game, Maybe.

Last edited:
lol one giants comment and 4 responses, but yall hate when we do that? ight. yes eli carried that team, and they went 9-7. :rolleyes

Last edited:
More SB's than Big Bro/Breesus, defeated TB12 head to head twice on the biggest sports stage there is.

Eli gets it done when you need him, I don't know how... But he does. 
he does, when he makes it to the post season.

dont get me wrong, dude has done it.

but can you trust him to carry your team thru the regular season?

no one is taking away his accomplishments. But He squeaks into the playoffs and his defense gets hot. So it isnt all him.

TB12 / Arod / Big Bro/ Bresus light it up all season ( for the most part) and alot of times their defense fail them. (not Arod, he got bumped last year cause he played a **** game)
NYG play one of the toughest schedules in the NFL almost every year.  They're not in a situation to go 13-3.  They'll keep going 10-6 give or take... If they make it to the post season Eli is a proven winner.

The whole team played a **** game last year against NY. Drops/fumbles/allowing hail mary before half deflated them.

9-7 with toughest schedule and injured defense, last in rushing, TOUGHER NFC CONFERENCE....yeah mediocre.

Eli's had one of the younger teams offensively past few seasons, even season prior they won 10 games despite most drops/turnovers in the league.

Eli is far from the problem.

Last edited:
--The Eagles might be done. Vick, Andy Reed and Nnamdi be getting exposed. Luckily for them the Cowboys suck to so they still got a chance.

The Eagles never got started to be done. I've been saying fire Reid for years now. How many ****** seasons will it take? And Vick, NT's savior :rofl:

Steelers unis yesterday weren't that bad, i actually like them. Wallace with some catches finally, Downtown Brown :pimp: Ben on a roll. I think getting Haley was a great addition, the play calls help Ben get rid of the ball quicker....yes we haven't had as many shots down the field but Ben hasn't been getting leveled like he usually does either. Next week will be a real test.

Gronk :pimp:

Falcons undefeaten or not won't be relevant until they can prove to win playoff games.

Bears ballin

Jets getting steamrolled again

And

View media item 120956
:rofl:

This dude just put Cam and Stafford in the same sentence as Eli...

Props to Jason Witten for that big game. Him and Demarcus are probably the only cowboys you can trust.

He did it last season, and the season beforehand? has he always done it?

i livein the tri state and all i ever hear is how inconsistent Eli is and up and down he was up until last season.

So one great season of Production means hes Elite? Stafford and Cam would like to has a discussion with you.

And Rodgers did have an off game, His throws were off, his WRs were dropping ****, he did not look like the Arod we saw all season.

Was it cause of the Giants? Maybe, was it cause he had a bad game, Maybe.
oh-jesus-christ.gif

Props to Jason Witten for that big game. Him and Demarcus are probably the only cowboys you can trust.

im in no way , shape or form holding Eli in the same breath as cam / stafford.

i was just bringing up the point that 1 season production doesn't bump you into top QB category.

Before Eli's top season last year, all i every year was Eli was inconsistent, and how up and down he is.

He can ball during the playoffs, when he makes it, during the regular season is different.

just like i said in my intital post.

lol one giants comment and 4 responses, but yall hate when we do that? ight. yes eli carried that team, and they went 9-7. :rolleyes

Regular season wins?? Is that what matters to you? What about playoff records on the ROAD?

How many of the Texans fans on this board are from Houston and how many just hopped on the wagon?

Andrew Luck needa be in the convo for MVP

lol one giants comment and 4 responses, but yall hate when we do that? ight. yes eli carried that team, and they went 9-7.
eyes.gif
Regular season wins?? Is that what matters to you? What about playoff records on the ROAD?
Giants wish they had the luxury of playing in a patty cake division like the AFC South.  That's been a 1 team division for more than  a decade, only the torch has been passed from the COlts to the Texans for now.

Switch the Texans and Cowboys and see how many regular season wins yall can scramble to get... Sledding aint easy for the Giants who have to play the 3 other NFC Division winners plus all the NFC East games every single year. Thats 9 games that are inherently going to be very difficult.

^Exactly. And the slew of injuries that team has faced not only this year, but last as well. All of those play a factor. Someone already mentioned it, but the Giants couldn't even get their run game going and won the SB. Here's a trivia question....what other team has won a SB with a rushing attacked ranked last in the league? **** that's a good question right?

How many of the Texans fans on this board are from Houston and how many just hopped on the wagon?
Andrew Luck needa be in the convo for MVP
As far as I know there's really only 5 of us( me, MMG, Do Work Son, Statis22, and Peep Game). All 5 have been fans since the beginning and 4 of us are from Houston.

LOL at the salty Texans fans hating on Eli.

Yea 9-7... Oh wait who won the super bowl?????

Get a ring and then talk.

LMAO cant compare us to garbage cowgirls fans either cuz unlike them we are the current champs, the defending champs.

AND LMFAO at you guys hating on peyton versus playing subpar teams.

Werent u guys crying no fai nah uh the last few weeks when da DAL fans were teasing you about your easy schedules. then yall were brought back down to earth when u got your first L, your first game vs a "real" contender.

Cmon you guys are better than that.

while yall bicker about who the best is in the regular season.

Let Eli be Eli.

You are right, Eli is not a regulaer season MVP.

Elite quartebacks aint trying to be regular.

Legends are forged in the superbowl.

Ya'll keep your Dan Marino/ Jim Kelly aspirations to yall selves.

I'm fine with the giants being under dogs

giants last in rushing and below avg on D during reg season last year how on earth did he even get that team to 9 wins? oh thats right they played the cowboys twice....last season dead last in rushing yet top 7 in rushing TDs........might have had something to do with 5000 yards passing

since giants drafted Eli the giants have had ONLY ONE losing season which was during his rookie season.....how many QBs can say that during their first 9 seasons?

Giants play in the NFC east hardest division in NFL since 2005 NFC east has produced 15 playoff teams no other division can say that.....in contrast Philip Rivers division has produced 7 or 8 playoff teams during that same period. I hate to pick on Rivers who lost to the browns yesterday but are you guys aware that he missed the playoffs having the number 1 ranked defense in 2010? Give Eli number ranked defense and giants don't lose a game

Fact of the matter is the man is going to get "hate" either way.   '08 he puts up numbers and went 13-3 then they lose Divisional round of playoffs at home and people don't believe in him until he wins SB no.2.

Go take a look at that dudes stat lines in 07 and last year in the playoffs and tell me "the defense won those super bowls".   At this point it's almost worth not arguing anymore.   You all can argue if he is great or not and I'll just wait until he goes to Canton

yea i think only one QB has a higher QB rating than eli in the playoffs....people love to bring up his reg season stats but what is better reg season stats or playoffs?

and speaking of stats i doubt at the mid point of any season Eli had more ints than TDs....romo threw games away early last year and rebounded well and is doing the same this year if he rebounds well but misses the playoffs whats the point? he dug their grave

Last edited:
For the record, I happen to think Eli is elite. I don't want any other quarterback in the 4th quarter besides that dude.
He is prone to some bad plays but when Eli is on his game, it's hard to argue that he isn't the best or at least tied with Rodgers.

The lead grows...
nthat.gif

[h4]Standings Against the Spread[/h4]
[table][tr][th="col"]Rank[/th][th="col"]Pick Set Name[/th][th="col"]Total Pts[/th][th="col"]W-L[/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Fraij[/td][td]72[/td][td]72-42[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]No Romo[/td][td]61[/td][td]61-53[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Big Mike's Spelling[/td][td]60[/td][td]60-54[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Proshares[/td][td]59[/td][td]59-55[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]DeadsetAce[/td][td]58[/td][td]58-56[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]poorniko[/td][td]58[/td][td]58-56[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]RobNT[/td][td]57[/td][td]57-57[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]RyGuy45[/td][td]57[/td][td]57-57[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]Desertdunk34[/td][td]57[/td][td]57-57[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]jeppprox[/td][td]57[/td][td]57-57[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td][td]Venom Lyrix[/td][td]55[/td][td]55-59[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td][td]airblaster503[/td][td]55[/td][td]55-59[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td][td]Durden7[/td][td]55[/td][td]55-59[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td][td]651akathePaul[/td][td]55[/td][td]55-59[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td][td]Cdonwashisname[/td][td]54[/td][td]54-60[/td][/tr][tr][td]16[/td][td]new god flow[/td][td]53[/td][td]53-61[/td][/tr][tr][td]17[/td][td]FlyerThanDelta[/td][td]53[/td][td]53-61[/td][/tr][tr][td]18[/td][td]Cant Nobody Stop Me[/td][td]53[/td][td]53-61[/td][/tr][tr][td]19[/td][td]ajrocka[/td][td]52[/td][td]52-62[/td][/tr][tr][td]20[/td][td]JD214[/td][td]52[/td][td]52-62[/td][/tr][tr][td]21[/td][td]TripDa6[/td][td]52[/td][td]52-62[/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]Tom Brandy[/td][td]52[/td][td]52-62[/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]DC Shottas[/td][td]51[/td][td]51-63[/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]bigmike[/td][td]51[/td][td]51-63[/td][/tr][tr][td]25[/td][td]WearinTheFourFive[/td][td]50[/td][td]50-64[/td][/tr][tr][td]26[/td][td]GMS[/td][td]50[/td][td]50-64[/td][/tr][tr][td]27[/td][td]toine2983[/td][td]48[/td][td]48-66[/td][/tr][tr][td]28[/td][td]jcmojica24[/td][td]47[/td][td]47-67[/td][/tr][tr][td]29[/td][td]va757va[/td][td]47[/td][td]47-67[/td][/tr][tr][td]30[/td][td]twozerosix[/td][td]47[/td][td]47-67[/td][/tr][tr][td]31[/td][td]Low Expectations (Illmatiic)[/td][td]47[/td][td]47-67[/td][/tr][tr][td]32[/td][td]HUSH[/td][td]44[/td][td]44-70[/td][/tr][tr][td]33[/td][td]Extraordinary[/td][td]43[/td][td]43-71[/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:

im in no way , shape or form holding Eli in the same breath as cam / stafford.

i was just bringing up the point that 1 season production doesn't bump you into top QB category.

Before Eli's top season last year, all i every year was Eli was inconsistent, and how up and down he is.

He can ball during the playoffs, when he makes it, during the regular season is different.

just like i said in my intital post.

Other than that season when he threw 25 picks he's been consistent since 07. What he's done in the clutch and the playoffs how is that not elite?

Back
Top Bottom