Nicki Minaj's brother on trial for smashing a minor.

Alternate juror in rape trial of Nicki Minaj's brother thinks acquittal possible
CHELSIA ROSE MARCIUS NOV 8, 2017 5:35 PM

An alternate juror in the contentious child rape case against the brother of hip-hop icon Nicki Minaj thinks the trial should end with an acquittal.

John Labau, dismissed Wednesday as the panel began deliberations, said there were enough questions to find Jelani Maraj not guilty of sexually assaulting his 11-year-old stepdaughter.

“Beyond a reasonable doubt, I don’t think there was enough evidence there to convict him,” said Labau, 33, of Freeport, L.I. “Do I think maybe something happened? Probably.

“But not enough to convict him by what we’re told to convict on.”

Defense stresses 'shakedown' in trial of Nicki Minaj's brother

The panel of eight men and four women spent much of the day listening to readbacks of trial testimony.

Both the accuser and her younger brother, in graphic testimony, recounted the sexual attacks that prosecutors charge began in the months before Maraj married their mother in 2015.

minaj9n-3-web.jpg

Nicki Minaj was not called as a witness for her brother.IMAGE BY: ANGELA WEISS/AFP/GETTY IMAGES
The little boy testified that he accidentally stumbled upon the defendant raping his sister in their Baldwin, L.I., home.

The young girl detailed the sexual assaults that occurred as often as four times a day when Maraj was alone in the home with her.

Rape charges against Minaj's brother are revenge plot: defense

Labau said the alleged victim’s account of what happened did not ring true with him.

“I felt like her testimony seemed way too staged,” he said. “I was looking for more emotion, more crying ... I wanted to believe everything she was saying, but it was just too much.”

The defense contended the allegations were completely bogus and motivated by a chance at shaking down Maraj’s wealthy sister for $25 million in hush money.

minaj9n-2-web.jpg

Maraj (c.) could face a jail term of 15 years-to-life in prison.IMAGE BY: DEBBIE EGAN-CHIN/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
The Nassau County Court trial began with opening statements on Oct. 19. If convicted, Maraj could face a jail term of 15 years-to-life in prison.

Nicki Minaj's brother raped me for months, says stepdaughter

Ten-time Grammy nominee Minaj earned a reported $16 million this year — making her the highest-earning female rapper on the annual Forbes magazine list of highest-paid hip hop stars.

Despite much speculation and rumor, Queens native Minaj was not called as a witness for her brother. And Jelani Maraj did not testify in his own defense.

But a prosecution witness testified that semen found on the accuser’s pajama bottoms was a one-in-291 billion match with defendant Maraj.

Defense attorney David Schwartz, in his closing argument, accused Maraj’s now ex-wife of planting the DNA.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ther-trial-thinks-acquittal-article-1.3619388

Who talks about child rape in such a fashion? Oh wait it was a little brown girl, no wonder the crass language.

man if my sister is Nicki im going to be her best wingman. Your sister got the potential to get you access to unlimited yams yet you out here being accused of molesting little kids

"And I got a few words for the moms of the young Barbz
Guess who supports a child molester? Nicki Minaj
You paid for your brother’s wedding? That’s hella foul
How you spending money to support a pedophile?
He a walking dead man, sending threats to him
I guess that’s why they call you Barbie, you was next to Ken
Talkin’ ‘bout your money long and your foreign sick
Why you ain’t help your bro hide his cum from forensics"

"And I got a few words for the moms of the young Barbz
Guess who supports a child molester? Nicki Minaj
You paid for your brother’s wedding? That’s hella foul
How you spending money to support a pedophile?
He a walking dead man, sending threats to him
I guess that’s why they call you Barbie, you was next to Ken
Talkin’ ‘bout your money long and your foreign sick
Why you ain’t help your bro hide his cum from forensics"

how Nicki still raps is beyond me :lol:

This has been going on for a while now hasnt it? Or the trial jut started?

Either way hope he gets what he deserves

Some pedophiles got a certain off look.

I was waiting to see a pic of him.

He got that look.

Damn with all the Hollywood stuff going on and this ****s wild

Was just thinking about that. Was there always this many creeps around or is it getting worse/more common ?

I hope it's just the victims are speaking out more than they used to.

Last edited:
Was just thinking about that. Was there always this many creeps around or is it getting worse/more common ?

I hope it's just the victims are speaking out more than they used to.
There were always this many around. Now its being talked about much more and actively being looked for.

Pedo awareness was pretty low in the 90s and 80s.

That's one thing I find odd the way ppl react. Its like they truly believe that bull **** ppl say "It's [insert year] nobody is still dealing with [insert social issue]."

Yes there are bunch of predators out there. Yes many women have sexually abused and raped. Yes there are still racists looking to oppress you. Yes there are deviants looking to prey on children. Etc.

Back
Top Bottom