Nigeria bans gay marriage, gay meetings -- Does so secretly

Right, and "jail/kill all gays because God said so" isn't propaganda.
It's their beliefs and their country. Cousins can't marry cousins in the USA but no one is marching for that. Furthermore polygamy is outlawed in the US of A and no one is crying foul for that. Equal rights for all or some?

Last edited:
It's their beliefs and their country. Cousins can't marry cousins in the USA but no one is marching for that. Furthermore polygamy is outlawed in the US of A and no one is crying foul for that. Equal rights for all or some?

i think the reason people aren't marching for incest, bestiality, or pedophilia is because there is obvious harm either directly or indirectly associated with any of these such relationships/acts.

...on the other hand, people have slowly begun to realize that us gays aren't really harming anyone.

note to self: don't travel to nigeria, russia, kansas, arizona or uganda

Uganda's President Museveni signs controversial anti-gay bill into law
Yea I was just watching the news and this came up. Dude literally told his interviewer that he found homosexuality disgusting and that "offenders" deserved to be prosecuted for their unnatural actions.

It's unfortunate that people like this are running entire countries. SMH.
Sup, Putin.
What's interesting is dude promised Western leaders he wouldn't sign the bill and denounced it, then checked for feedback and was promised by conservative American lobbyists (specifically these evangelical leaders and a big Washington political ... "club"... called The Family) that sanctions were just threats and he wouldn't really get ay blow back from the U.S.  As soon as he learned on top of that the supporting the law would help get him reelected he rushed it through the signing process.

In fact, he said he had to go back and draft a NEW anti-gay law because aside from making homosexuality punishable by death, the one they had on the books wasn't strict enough and American Evangelicals who went over there and spoke to them, and encouraged a zero tolerance policy, enlightened them to that.

One of their politicians said something along the lines of "Homosexuality is a disease from America, but the cure also comes from America."
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Are there significant movements pushing for the legalization of incest and polygamy? 

cousins can marry cousins in the US.

and those ugandan laws were encouraged/cowritten by americans.

"Swingin'...  Eyes closed just swingin'..."

cousins can marry cousins in the US.

and those ugandan laws were encouraged/cowritten by americans.

"Swingin'...  Eyes closed just swingin'..."
From a documentary that I saw it was white American evangelical Christians.
From 5 to 8 March 2009, a workshop took place in Kampala, the capital of Uganda, that featured three American evangelical Christians: Scott Lively, an author who has written several books opposing homosexuality; Caleb Lee Brundidge, a self-professed former gay man who conducts sessions to heal homosexuality; and Don Schmierer, a board member of Exodus International, an organisation devoted to promoting "freedom from homosexuality through the power of Jesus Christ".[sup][17][/sup][sup][18][/sup] The theme of the conference, according to The New York Times, was the "gay agenda": "how to make gay people straight, how gay men often sodomized teenage boys and how 'the gay movement is an evil institution' whose goal is 'to defeat the marriage-based society and replace it with a culture of sexual promiscuity' ".[sup][15][/sup] An Anglican priest from Zambia named Kapya Kaoma was in attendance, and reported on the conference. Ugandan Stephen Langa organised it, and was supported by Lively, who asserted in his workshops that homosexuality was akin to child molestation and bestiality, and causes higher rates of divorce and HIV transmission. Lively's emphasis was on the cohesion of the African family, that he said was being threatened by "homosexuals looking to recruit youth into their ranks". According to Kaoma, during the conference, one of the thousands of Ugandans in attendance announced, "[The parliament] feels it is necessary to draft a new law that deals comprehensively with the issue of homosexuality and...takes into account the international gay agenda... Right now there is a proposal that a new law be drafted."[sup][19][/sup]

Google "American Evangelicals in Uganda" and you'll find tons of articles and videos about said conference.

Just in case anyone is really naive enough to think these African laws are just popping up now because Africa suddenly became obsessed with the "gay marriage movement." 
laugh.gif

Almost no one in Africa is fighting for same sex marriage.  People are happy enough to just be allowed to be.  But when you're losing a fight on one front (Utah) you start scrambling.

Nice find. I'm always amazed why certain "straight" people care so much about this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
[h1]Ugandan President’s Daughter Reveals She is Gay[/h1]
In a startling revelation, the daughter of Ugandan President Yoweri ­Museveni admitted today during a radio talk show in Mbarara, in Western Uganda that she is homosexual, and that she is revealing this fact as a protest to the anti-gay law her father signed only a few days ago.

Diana Kamuntu, Museveni’s daughter said that though she loves her father unconditionally, she does not agree with Uganda’s anti-gay stance, and will fight against it.

“I am gay, I am homosexual. I have known this since I was a little girl. Also, I have been Christian all of my life, so I will not tolerate any law of this supposedly democratic nation, that will place hate on any person just because of what his or her sexual orientation happens to be,” said Kamuntu.

“Now that I finally revealed my sexual orientation, I put myself in front of this new law and I will let our people decide what to do with me,” Kamuntu adds, as her voice breaks down while on air.

The radio host, James Kasirivu noticeably was in shock, and could not seemingly get words out of his mouth.

The live radio broadcast was abruptly shortened and was put off air after a few hours of repeated commercials.

In the latest setback for homosexuals across Africa, the Ugandan President signed a law Monday that imposes tough penalties for homosexual acts, a move that has been condemned from around the world and that may jeopardize Uganda’s relationship with the United States and other Western nations.

As of this writing, neither the radio station nor the office of Ugandan President Yoweri ­Museveni could be reached for comment.

http://abriluno.com/ugandan-presidents-daughter-admits-she-is-gay/

Back
Top Bottom