NIKE ACG thread

Amazing how long the Mountain Fly inventory has been available on nike.com. When they launched last year I believe they sold out during the first half day of release. Of course that's awesome!

Less PPP loan fraudsters = easier releases.

1637348315897.gif

Fools had these marked up to almost $400 before they dropped on NDC.

1637348392378.gif

Copped last season’s Misery Ridge Jacket on 50% discount the other day and busted out the old Mowabb w/ rugged sole. Although the soles are about to fall off again and need some re-grueling, this one is little more comfortable than my Olivia Kim’s IMHO.
5E6CAC79-B957-474D-94D7-AC227DDA8A99.jpeg

Bonus pic w/ backpack
69662617-6BD3-4D2D-973A-CDA480F8204D.jpeg

Copped last season’s Misery Ridge Jacket on 50% discount the other day and busted out the old Mowabb w/ rugged sole. Although the soles are about to fall off again and need some re-grueling, this one is little more comfortable than my Olivia Kim’s IMHO.
5E6CAC79-B957-474D-94D7-AC227DDA8A99.jpeg

Bonus pic w/ backpack
69662617-6BD3-4D2D-973A-CDA480F8204D.jpeg

if you don’t mind could u post more pics of the mowabbs? Look like they have a diff construction than the ones I’ve seen

^ Not really new pix. These are what I took & posted on Mowabb thread when I got my Olivia Kim’s iirc. The right pair is the first Retro of Mowabb that came out almost 20 years ago. (Manufacturing date was 2002, but I don’t remember when they came out exactly.)
It features more rugged sole comparing to OGs and although I prefer that sole (to me, regular Mowabbs are just too flat and no cushioning at all), I guess Nike didn’t think that was an improvement tho.
1637457785119.jpeg
1637457614610.jpeg

^ Not really new pix. These are what I took & posted on Mowabb thread when I got my Olivia Kim’s iirc. The right pair is the first Retro of Mowabb that came out almost 20 years ago. (Manufacturing date was 2002, but I don’t remember when they came out exactly.)
It features more rugged sole comparing to OGs and although I prefer that sole (to me, regular Mowabbs are just too flat and no cushioning at all), I guess Nike didn’t think that was an improvement tho.
1637457785119.jpeg
1637457614610.jpeg

damn these are crazy. its like an Air Mowabb 2

Nike played too much with rappers, artists and fashion collabs while losing a huge niche in techwear for Arcteryx and Salomon like brands. I remember the early 00s when ACG was innovative line of practical urban clothing and somehow they're runner-ups now. L. via hypebeast

In the subway yesterday.

they held up pretty well on the hike; the rubber isn’t as good as a vibram sole on slick or smooth surfaces, but the shoe has excellent traction on loose surfaces. They held up pretty well in the water. The part on the upper that has the boxes is waterproof, but the part that is pink is not. They didn’t soak up the water, but I could def feel it getting damp when submerged. Comfort on them is top notch. These are incredible shoes overall. My favorite new Nike release since the flyknit racer. Only way to improve them in my opinion is an all GORE-TEX upper, and sticker rubber (even though it is already pretty decent).

66B112A8-65B9-4017-ABFF-63CE636546A8.jpeg

DFF4D5A8-D4B9-406C-8DD8-78E40B432E47.jpeg

The pants are huge and the hoodie is kinda baggy but way less than the pants and fits better than the normal pullover hoodie
I'm a medium in the Smith cargo pants for reference. Would you recommend sizing down? What's your impression of them?

Got so many W’s from this thread - some MountainFlys for you - free shipping over $200

Amazing how long the Mountain Fly inventory has been available on nike.com. When they launched last year I believe they sold out during the first half day of release. Of course that's awesome!
It’s kind of opposite here in JP. Black&Grey one lasted way longer (at least…, some sizes including mine made it to NDC and then, 20% off) when they came out for the first time and this is what happened on SNKRS-JP a day after 2nd release…
B0DE5E38-F7CE-4293-9BBD-A8D3126A4EE0.jpeg

Got these in just now and tried on around the house. First impressions: that ankle opening had me sweatin trying to pull them on, that ish is tight! 😂 went TTS and am thinking I could have gone up a half size, but the heel lift says otherwise. For any actual outdoor activity I would want a more secure heel lock, but for lifestyle use it’s ok. Love the look, midsole comfort and color though.

also - Nike typical quality with the glue stain on the left shoe upper…
3507EFF3-EC53-4F68-AB39-A9EED125A804.jpeg

E1D6705C-17E4-4B98-8900-FA9E693DA1FE.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm a medium in the Smith cargo pants for reference. Would you recommend sizing down? What's your impression of them?

Yeah I guess you could size down.. They're nice the polartec is warm af but they don't stay soft for long though

Any suggestions on clothing brands that are good for hiking that’s relatively cheap or bang for your buck? I’m just starting to get into hiking/outdoorsy things. I know you can probably just wear regular jeans and what not.

Any suggestions on clothing brands that are good for hiking that’s relatively cheap or bang for your buck? I’m just starting to get into hiking/outdoorsy things. I know you can probably just wear regular jeans and what not.

I would just search here for something you like. Or go to REI and try on a variety of pants in store. Like most pants, they’re kind of a rip of at retail, but it’ll give you a good idea of options and what materials you like.

I would just search here for something you like. Or go to REI and try on a variety of pants in store. Like most pants, they’re kind of a rip of at retail, but it’ll give you a good idea of options and what materials you like.

Appreciate it. I use to live a few blocks from REI but I never really shopped there. Then the shut down happened. Now I’m an hour away lol. Gotta find some time this weekend to check it out.

I don’t hike regularly, but I usually wear my Nike Running gear paired with old Pro Combat Hypercool gear. I’ve scooped up items from H&M that would be suitable for light hikes and outdoorsy activities.

I don’t really purchase B/W sneakers, but I want them to restock the B/W MountainFly!

Oof....I hiked in jeans ONCE many years ago...never again haha. Denim doesn't breathe, and it just gets heavy and chafe-y. These are what I hike in nowadays; they're technically rock climbing pants but they're mad versatile. Stretchy, tough, and breathable. And right now they're on sale. I've worn the hell out of these on tons of hikes in the mountains.

1637710169719.png

Back
Top Bottom