NIKE ACG thread

Saw two cws at the Clearance Store for $70. It was the perfect opportunity to compare them with the OGs since I wore them today as well. I was really excited to see them until I tried them on…

IMG_1542.jpeg

IMG_1545.jpeg

I can confirm that they feel like bricks. Honestly, I couldn’t feel any React nor the FlyPlate. They’re like a takedown of the OGs. They did the Mountain Fly line dirty with the 2s. They are nothing alike aside from the shared name. I’ll admit they look good, but it’s not enough for me to purchase.

There isn't any cushion
Haven't tried the MF2 myself, but from everyone's descriptions, it kind of sounds like how the Lowcate feels? Wonder if they're using similar sole designs. Nike's descriptions of the two sounds really similar, too.

I ordered a pair of the white MF2s because they look great. As long as they don't actively hurt my feet, I'll keep them. I'll know today or tomorrow.

Haven't tried the MF2 myself, but from everyone's descriptions, it kind of sounds like how the Lowcate feels? Wonder if they're using similar sole designs. Nike's descriptions of the two sounds really similar, too.

I think this is accurate. The MF2s essentially feel very similar to the Lowcates, but they have a modern looking upper with an OD amount of ACG branding.

Anyone know how the ACG Watercat fit? I normally take MF2 Low in a 0.5 up. The Watercat look pretty wide, should I got TTS?

Saw two cws at the Clearance Store for $70. It was the perfect opportunity to compare them with the OGs since I wore them today as well. I was really excited to see them until I tried them on…

I can confirm that they feel like bricks. Honestly, I couldn’t feel any React nor the FlyPlate. They’re like a takedown of the OGs. They did the Mountain Fly line dirty with the 2s. They are nothing alike aside from the shared name. Despite that, I’ll admit that they look good, but it’s not and that’s enough for me to purchase at, ESP, at $70.

Fixed. :emoji_sweat_smile:

The feeling of the Flyplate and React in the OGs is just an absolute pleasure. That's what really drew me to the OGs in the first place. The upper of the original cut (Hi) MF was the capstone atop a perfectly engineered sole.

Despite my early comments, they DO look good in hand and, most importantly, on feet. At $70, I had a change of heart and scooped them up. They feel like a Lowcate with a more modern upper.

Mountain Fly 2 - Olive.png

Yea I'd definitely kop at half off, already see some sites discounting it 30%. I'm in no rush and can wait for Black Friday sales.

Kinda regret not getting the original lows but I bought the Nasu, AO, and Salomons so couldn't really justify it.

The feeling of the Flyplate and React in the OGs is just an absolute pleasure. That's what really drew me to the OGs in the first place. The upper of the original cut (Hi) MF was the capstone atop a perfectly engineered sole.

Despite my early comments, they DO look good in hand and, most importantly, on feet. At $70, I had a change of heart and scooped them up. They feel like a Lowcate with a more modern upper.

How's the room in the toe box? When Nike wraps rubber over the top, I often find my big toe rubbing on the top of the upper. Any issues with that on the MF2?

Where did you acquire for $70? Would love this upper on the OG midsole setup, which is awesome. b/c I much prefer the look o these uppers to the 1s. I still prefer the React + Zoom in the Terra Zaherra to the MF setup. They're the perfect balance squish and support. The MF are a pretty close 2nd. Also maybe b/c I don't love the on-foot aesthetics of the MF (high or low) compared to the Zaherras, but happy to have both. The MF GTX are my go-to for wet summer weather, and my MF highs are my snow boots basically.

Would I be able to get away with going a half size down on the MF1 highs or would it be too snug?
consensus on the MF1 was .5 up. I'm not a wide footer and I went up .5 and they felt good to me. Plus if you're using it for hiking/walking you want room for your feet to expand from swelling after a long day. Just my two cents

Where did you acquire for $70? Would love this upper on the OG midsole setup, which is awesome. b/c I much prefer the look o these uppers to the 1s. I still prefer the React + Zoom in the Terra Zaherra to the MF setup. They're the perfect balance squish and support. The MF are a pretty close 2nd. Also maybe b/c I don't love the on-foot aesthetics of the MF (high or low) compared to the Zaherras, but happy to have both. The MF GTX are my go-to for wet summer weather, and my MF highs are my snow boots basically.

@ a Nike Clearance store.

Back
Top Bottom