NIKE ACG thread

IMG_4766.jpeg

Anyone use the Pegasus Trail for hiking (not Trail running)? Are they stable? Seem like they would be similar to. The Terra Zaherra I have and live, in teela of stability.... Some great sales on the GTX gore-tex. If they get sub 80 bucks I might get a pair for myself and sons.

Anyone use the Pegasus Trail for hiking (not Trail running)? Are they stable? Seem like they would be similar to. The Terra Zaherra I have and live, in teela of stability.... Some great sales on the GTX gore-tex. If they get sub 80 bucks I might get a pair for myself and sons.
Don’t know how they are hiking, but I definitely so a few pairs on the hash at my local outlet. With an extra 30% off

Any advice for an appropriate glue for minor toe box separation? In the past I'd just use crazy glue, however, I've found when it dries it get really hard in the spot. Thanks!
1000007340.jpg

I use them for hiking all the time. I have both the trails and the Zegama that I use for hiking. Both are great. If the trails had a rock plate I’d be even happier. I don’t usually have a heavy pack though, and I’m not that heavy of a person. I don’t know how they’d do with a lot more weight on them, I kind of feel like they would bottom out easy.

I use them for hiking all the time. I have both the trails and the Zegama that I use for hiking. Both are great. If the trails had a rock plate I’d be even happier. I don’t usually have a heavy pack though, and I’m not that heavy of a person. I don’t know how they’d do with a lot more weight on them, I kind of feel like they would bottom out easy.

Thanks for the reply. So how do the Trails compare to the Zegama if I were to get only one? I'd use them for light hiking with a small day pack, so not carrying much weight. Cushion vs. stability vs. breathability? Cheers.

Thanks for the reply. So how do the Trails compare to the Zegama if I were to get only one? I'd use them for light hiking with a small day pack, so not carrying much weight. Cushion vs. stability vs. breathability? Cheers.

For whatever reason, I find myself grabbing my trails more than the Zegamas. They’re both great though. The Zegamas have more cushion, but I like the upper of the trail gtx better. I haven’t had a chance to wear the gtx much yet in hot conditions (just fall/winter/spring), but I do think they will be pretty toasty and not breathe as well as the Zegama.

Also on a side note… my ankles are kind of weird and the ball of my ankle on the outside often rubs on the collar of a Nike shoe. It’s not an issue whatsoever on the Zegamas or trail 4 gtx. I REALLY want to try the new trail flys or whatever they are called that are coming out soon. My worry with those is the shoe collar. I feel like it might give me issues. If it doesn’t, those would probably be my choice with the vibram sole.

Also on a side note… my ankles are kind of weird and the ball of my ankle on the outside often rubs on the collar of a Nike shoe. It’s not an issue whatsoever on the Zegamas or trail 4 gtx. I REALLY want to try the new trail flys or whatever they are called that are coming out soon. My worry with those is the shoe collar. I feel like it might give me issues. If it doesn’t, those would probably be my choice with the vibram sole.

Appreciate all the info; thank you. I'll probably go for the Trails when they reach $80; I think that would be a steal. Like the general look better and colorways compared to the Zegamas.

Zaherras are currently my favorite all round hiker for hot weather (MF low GTX for cooler and wet hikes). Love the look, awesome cushioning, and breathable. However, the design results in dirt getting trapped under the top mesh layer and a pain to clean. Have the purple pair DS waiting to come out when these greens are beat.

Use my Mowabbs as well for camping and light hiking on cooler days as they don't breath as well as the Zaherra, but surprisingly comfy for old tech. Not sure if the Madas will be good for real hiking; still have those DS.

Yeah I've taken my trail peg gtx (the mid top ones) out for a couple hikes. Traction and comfort are great. Lockdown and groundfeel not so much, but still more than adequate.

So ended up picking up 3 Pegusus 4 trail GTXs for myself and my sons for about $78 each shipped after chatting with a Nike rep and getting an extra 15% discount plus 10% cash back on rakuten. Looking forward to trying them out.

Keen has always famously made a watercat type of shoe (not sure who did em first) if y'all are...keen on checking out other similar styles.

Keen has always famously made a watercat type of shoe (not sure who did em first) if y'all are...keen on checking out other similar styles.
keen uneek came out around 2014 which is similar to this update version of the watercat+

OG watercats came out in 2006 and is a bit more different from what keen and acg are doing but still think should be properly retro'd
Fo9xDgNWcAA4Mrh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom