Nike Air 180 OG

Sometimes Nike gets it right. They got it right with these.

Been wearing mine a bit. Still got the front toe fabric “popping” when I walk but I think the more the fabric breaks in the less this will occur.
I'm pretty convinced they are all made in the same factory from the same lastst. Been looking at images from pairs on eBay and our Dutch marketplace and every pair you see the left shoe has these folds in the toe box. Not every pair the same way, but always present. And always worse in the left ***. If you feel inside the shoe, the inner fabric has a fold in it as well and is bonded to the upper fabric in some way. I don't know who's the culprit here, the inner or upper fabric, but that's the case anyway. Also the reason you can't iron it out. It's misaligned and bonded and the one fabric 'pulls' at the other. I try and not let it bother me too much, when walking in them the toe box is going in all directions anyway, just as flimsy as the OG. They also got thát right.

Custom 2005 sz15 bigger air unit opening .... Last step with clear uréthane to add structure because of removed PU ....and it will solve squeaking and unglueing of the air unit

Attachments

• IMG_20240310_140440.jpg
    IMG_20240310_140440.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20240324_124410.jpg
    IMG_20240324_124410.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20240329_205251.jpg
    IMG_20240329_205251.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20240529_134741.jpg
    IMG_20240529_134741.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20240530_064055.jpg
    IMG_20240530_064055.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20240530_064101.jpg
    IMG_20240530_064101.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20240530_064211.jpg
    IMG_20240530_064211.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 487
I'm pretty convinced they are all made in the same factory from the same lastst. Been looking at images from pairs on eBay and our Dutch marketplace and every pair you see the left shoe has these folds in the toe box. Not every pair the same way, but always present. And always worse in the left ***. If you feel inside the shoe, the inner fabric has a fold in it as well and is bonded to the upper fabric in some way. I don't know who's the culprit here, the inner or upper fabric, but that's the case anyway. Also the reason you can't iron it out. It's misaligned and bonded and the one fabric 'pulls' at the other. I try and not let it bother me too much, when walking in them the toe box is going in all directions anyway, just as flimsy as the OG. They also got thát right.

Yes! I mentioned this exact thing a couple weeks ago from my first pair. That fold inside the shoe is brutal and it can't come out, because of what you mentioned...

20240518_104756-jpg.3255670

Last edited:
Yes! I mentioned this exact thing a couple weeks ago from my first pair. That fold inside the shoe is brutal!!......

20240518_104756-jpg.3255670
Been bringing light to the left shoe since release day. People in here are in denial.

The shoe either has crazy creases out of the box like yours. Or has crazy camel toe when you wear…or both

Man I tried my pair on and popping sound is terrible , I have bronchitis, ain’t nobody got time for dat !!! Soooo disappointing 🤬🤬

You guys sure it's not the air bag? Mine are silent when walking but when I press the air bag the hard shell seperates-and-not-separates from the inner air bag and makes a 'pop'. I did have a nasty squeak in the toe box but when I cut my toe nails it was gone 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: ARK
I would take the jacked up toe boxes on right and left if it meant I could have a pair. This crease thing, it’s a problem or complaint I don’t have the luxury of having, as I have no shoe. What a great problem to have, for you owners of creased up pair.

Last edited:
Good read about the thicker PU sole . They were also stability problems of PU regarding hydrolysis , used at the Time on some shoes . Heard that from the Force 180 low designer Steve McDonald. The Ceramic had better longevity than the first batch , in récent pictures it shows better conservation than an ultramarine for example
1000007008.jpg

Good read about the thicker PU sole . They were also stability problems of PU regarding hydrolysis , used at the Time on some shoes . Heard that from the Force 180 low designer Steve McDonald. The Ceramic had better longevity than the first batch , in récent pictures it shows better conservation than an ultramarine for example
1000007008.jpg

This is exactly the type of context that Nike should freely share when things look diff from OGs.

APB has up to size 10 in stock

1000007008.jpg

This is exactly the type of context that Nike should freely share when things look diff from OGs.

Couldn't agree more. At the same time, I feel like there probably isn't as good of an explanation for a lot of the things we complain about in that regard. Mostly overall shape of shoes, which we've seen Nike obviously can make better because it has made some of them better lately. But for sure differences in foams and soles and air bags and even some upper materials, they could just explain why it needs to be different now. Some people would still moan, but if I felt like I had a legit answer as to WHY, I wouldn't be as annoyed with some of these variances.

Back
Top Bottom