Nike Air Bakin: Sig Shoe of KG or Tim Hardaway?

My friend says the Air Bakin was originally made for Kevin Garnett, I say Tim Hardaway. Who is right?

When the bakins retroed they were on pys as KG I dunno if they still under his sig shoe on there but I always thought they were tim hardaways

was tim hardaway's

edit:
wasnt an actual sig shoe though....much like what the mvps are for nash today

I always heard they were supposed to be Rodman's until he was dropped by Nike (and went to Converse) after kicking the cameraman.

It's not a sig. Just endorsed by those players mainly. Kind of like the Foam pros with Pippen and Tim Duncan. Tim strictly wore the red, Garnett wore theblue.

I remember when they released in NYC only bloods wore the red & crips wore the blue... I wore the blue. lol

Originally Posted by vanexellent

I always heard they were supposed to be Rodman's until he was dropped by Nike (and went to Converse) after kicking the cameraman.

i heard the same

Originally Posted by Sprigan82

Originally Posted by vanexellent

i heard the same
When my mom bought them for me, she said that they were Rodman's. It made sense too because the red and yellow seemed to match hispersonality.

Yep. Neither. Endorsed by Tim Hardaway and Mitch Richmond. I remember the Mitch Richmond's Nike/FTL commercial, where dude was shootin' lights out. Idon't recall him wearing them in games, because he was so into the Air Max Uptempo 3.

i believe the shoes r Tim Hardaway's rep~
but not sure if nike made the shoes as tim hardaway's signature line...
tht was long time ago... kinda forget about it~
still luving those shoes~ looked so dope!
just worn mine last nite~ lol

I always thought it was just Tim's sig.

I don't really remember KG ever wearing these..

any pics to refresh my memory??

tbug...i think kg was wearing the jumpman pro during that time...if not, the first of the kg series.

KG never wear that on the court, some even say its for dennis rodman, it has same durable rubber for outsole, only tim hardaway worn it back in the days Ibelive.

not a sig shoe.. kg never wore these.. tim did, later he got his zoom flight t-bug, i also think these were rodmans.. kg went to uptempo max, jordan XIcolombia, uptempo hyper, kgI, II, III, flightposite, flightposite KG OBF..

either way i love mine.. i have retros that i wear casually and ball'd in once or twice...i love em almost as much as i luv my foams

Originally Posted by DIDDYDADAGGER

They shouldve kept controversial demonic symbol
It wasn't demonic. In fact, quite the opposite.

And yeah, these were definitely rocked by Hardaway and Richmond, but it wasn't their sig shoe.

Don't remember KG in a pair of 'em, although that's not to say that he never wore them.

nike-air-bakin-retro-2.jpg

truth be told, it's allah's shoe.

i heard he got a wicked jumpshot.

smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom