Nike Air Classic BW Gen II – Torch – Spring 2010 (via sneakernews.com)

From sneakernews.com
Nike Air Classic BW Gen II - Torch - Spring 2010

nike-air-classic-bw-gen-2-torch-06.jpg

Nike introduced Flywire in 2008 and we've seen a ton of shoes updated with the space-age fabric. As with the introduction of Free soles back in'05, the Swoosh dropped a ton of updated retros, both this year and last. Expect further enhancements of some of your favourite designs, now with a thirdsignificant update.

The Free-sole Nike Air Max BW Gen II doesn't have Flywire, insteadutilizing Nike's new Torch material. It's a three layered 'mesh' that piles a diamond-like lattice over top of a middle grid layer, both ofwhich sit atop a moisture-wicking base.

We saw that Rasheed Wallace asked for it on a pairof his infamous Nike Air Force 1 Highs, so it's only natural that Torch will continue to pop up on your favourite models throughout 2010. The best partis, it's a technologically advanced fabric, but there's less of it, so Torch is in line with the huge 2010 for Nike Considered Designs.

nike-air-classic-bw-gen-2-torch-01.jpg

nike-air-classic-bw-gen-2-torch-02.jpg

nike-air-classic-bw-gen-2-torch-03.jpg

nike-air-classic-bw-gen-2-torch-04.jpg

nike-air-classic-bw-gen-2-torch-05.jpg

--

TORCH-LIGHTWEIGHT AND BREATHABLE INNOVATION ENABLES NEW SHAPE AND NEW FORM

In preparation for a summer of football, the Nike Sportswear footwear design team joined forces with Nike Football to explore the needs of some of theworld's greatest footballers when they leave the field of play. Focused on solving the needs of the athletes, the result is a technical solution calledTorch

TORCH AND AIR MAX BW GEN II

At Nike, innovation is a process of creating new spaces in which to address athletes' needs and improve their performance. When considering how NikeSportswear could enhance the post-match experience for athletes, the footwear design team adopted a cut-the-weight, lose-the-bulk mindset gleaned fromperformance football boot design to arrive at a new technical innovation-Torch. . Torch is a lightweight, moisture-managing, supremely comfortable three-layertextile. The outer layer features a visually stunning, protective diamond pattern that holds its shape and won't crease at stress points like traditionalmaterials. The middle layer offers a lightweight structural element that stands up to a post-match cool-down or an active day around town. The inner layerprovides moisture-managing breathability to keep the foot cool and allow for a period of rest after a game.

Torch has also been integrated into several classic Nike silhouettes for Spring/Summer 2010. The Air Max BW Gen II, Air Force 1 and Air Maxim 1 all get theTorch treatment, as well as technical enhancements such as welded uppers and natural motion soles. The Air Max BW Gen II was originally introduced in 1991 andhas been a cult favorite of runners and sneakerheads ever since.

What may not be apparent upon first view of the Air Max BW Gen II is the Nike Considered design principle of its construction. Based on the idea ofmodularity, the Torch Air Max has been developed so that numerous mid-sole models from the Air Max family can easily be integrated into the production line,eliminating waste and inefficiency.

Eh...

Not bad, but nothin' to look forward too. I'll jump on them when they hit the clearance racks.

And it's not like the other BWs are flying anywhere!

very, very nice. Torch reminds me of the ortholite you see on some insoles. Should be super comfortable.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Eh...

Not bad, but nothin' to look forward too. I'll jump on them when they hit the clearance racks.

And it's not like the other BWs are flying anywhere!

Co-sign..

Have never been a BW fan, this isnt going to sway me towards them.

AF1s will be interesting

I like these, but ill stick to the classics. BW's is a very underrated shoe

Now that I'm seeing these on my computer and not on my phone, they're even wacker than I thought.

Who comes up with this crap? That %%#% looks like lace from a distance.

Other than that "torch" material I like the look of the shoe. But that mesh thing is way too weird looking.

cw's will make or break this shoe for me, it would look nice without the torch material. my fingers are crossed for seeing a stash inspired pair the sameway they did a bacon huarache current...

Those are pretty smooth.Throw some ill colors in there and we're in business.

Back
Top Bottom