Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

We are not the target market anymore, time to walk away.
1714951860524.gif

I guess this is true in many ways but as I’ve said before, I don’t get why it can’t be both. Drop all the silly collabs you want but not at the expense of doing justice to the classic colorways.

1714951860524.gif

I guess this is true in many ways but as I’ve said before, I don’t get why it can’t be both. Drop all the silly collabs you want but not at the expense of doing justice to the classic colorways.
They can easily give us what we want, but our demo are likely waiting for a sale because we ain't paying full price for an important but not as high profile shoe. The only way we get it is by a response to the collab. If the kids respond, then they'll release other cws, maybe some original, and we'll be pleased. Collabs seen to be a experiment that I, for the most part hate. But if it ultimately gets us og cws and halfway decent material, then so be it.

They can easily give us what we want, but our demo are likely waiting for a sale because we ain't paying full price for an important but not as high profile shoe. The only way we get it is by a response to the collab. If the kids respond, then they'll release other cws, maybe some original, and we'll be pleased. Collabs seen to be a experiment that I, for the most part hate. But if it ultimately gets us og cws and halfway decent material, then so be it.
Hmmm. They go about it in a strange, seemingly backward way, then. They’ve released Flight 89s up the wazoo in the past five years or whatever. And released them as mostly trash in terms of colorways and materials. The model sells OK here and there, it seems, but rarely like gangbusters. It’s hardly become some staple of popularity. Putting out this dumb PJ collab NOW feels … late—if the idea is to suddenly make them a thing. The reason we wait for sales is because they almost always go on sale. Maybe if they hadn’t made them trash for the past however many years, that wouldn’t be the case.

Hmmm. They go about it in a strange, seemingly backward way, then. They’ve released Flight 89s up the wazoo in the past five years or whatever. And released them as mostly trash in terms of colorways and materials. The model sells OK here and there, it seems, but rarely like gangbusters. It’s hardly become some staple of popularity. Putting out this dumb PJ collab NOW feels … late—if the idea is to suddenly make them a thing. The reason we wait for sales is because they almost always go on sale. Maybe if they hadn’t made them trash for the past however many years, that wouldn’t be the case.
True, and I agree. Maybe they are trying to create hype behind this shoe using someone like PJ as a collab, but I don't think it would go very far. For those of us wanting it, we'll be there. They always try things to see if they work, and if it does, they seem like geniuses lol. But you're right, it does feel late, but how many times we as fans, tell them "hey! we want _______ retroed or re-retroed" and they act like they can't see the demand for it.

Back
Top Bottom