"Nike air Flight Huarache" Still hoping, praying, and waiting for these to return. This year or n

That's a good *** idea. Always loved both and never thought of that. Quick photoshop
1687824829988.png

I'd buy these over the OGs any day!!!

I passed this cw when it released in 2016, can't afford the price now

I had two pairs of those that I got for less than retail via eastbay. Sold both DS a couple years ago. Shape and proportions were (g)utter trash. Wish they’d bring them back in this new shape. I like these way more than the black Kobe pair, which I think I’m going to just skip because as much as I want them for posterity, I know I would barely ever wear them. And I’m pretty much done buying stuff just to have it. It’s fun but an absolute waste of money for me at this point in life LOL

I had two pairs of those that I got for less than retail via eastbay. Sold both DS a couple years ago. Shape and proportions were (g)utter trash. Wish they’d bring them back in this new shape. I like these way more than the black Kobe pair, which I think I’m going to just skip because as much as I want them for posterity, I know I would barely ever wear them. And I’m pretty much done buying stuff just to have it. It’s fun but an absolute waste of money for me at this point in life LOL

I totally agree but I just can't stop buying :rofl:

:lol:
Oh believe me, I know the feeling. It's difficult to skip things that I think are "important," but I'm sorta forcing myself to. I got the Fab Five pair of these, which were a must, so any other Flight Huarache I buy needs to be something I think I might wear a fair bit. The black pair, I'd wear a few times immediately but I know they'd just end up in my closet taking up space.
Space is the other motivator (along with not just throwing money away) behind trying to be more selective. I'm pretty much out of room to keep adding 15+ pairs of shoes per year LOL

Trust me, that feeling will subside and it is honestly a great feeling. If you haven't visited the "downsizing" thread in General, I suggest you check it out. I was buying shoes for the thrill of buying. Had way way way too many. Thankfully I sold 80% of what I had. My epiphany moment came during the pandemic when I could have bought a pair of Jordans and just couldn't hit "buy" on NDC.

That told me I was done. And it's been good to let release dates and releases just pass. Yeah, I'll grab an occasional shoe that I feel is special to me (these are one but can't find my size cheap enough yet) as were the Mac's. I believe I've only bought 6 pairs of shoes since early 2020 and most were OG Huarache colorway releases and a pair of the Challenge Court Zoom GPs during the new Challenge Court release late summer 2020. But for the most part, I let things pass and go on with life. It's a great feeling off your shoulders to not stress about releases and such.

I know this is sacrilegious, but I happened to have a pair of purple flats and I wanted to see how it'd look. It's not better than white but I don't think it's terrible.
1687996348888.png

ShootYourShotTV ShootYourShotTV a couple more color swaps with the menta green from the sole...and a slightly brighter purple. If anyone else wants to see any color swaps lmk and I can try tonight, I got photoshop open still lol

1687996886815.png

1687996401581.png

I know this is sacrilegious, but I happened to have a pair of purple flats and I wanted to see how it'd look. It's not better than white but I don't think it's terrible.
1687996348888.png

ShootYourShotTV ShootYourShotTV a couple more color swaps with the menta green from the sole...and a slightly brighter purple. If anyone else wants to see any color swaps lmk and I can try tonight, I got photoshop open still lol

1687996886815.png

1687996401581.png
Purple laces aren’t bad at all.
And Those are both better than what nike has given us. That bottom pair would get copped Might sound crazy but could you throw the zoom flight 95 carbon fiber print on them? I’m tryna see something haha

All g Maybe air max 180 ultra marine,
Air Trainer 1 chlorophyll
Jordan 7 Olympic
Jordan 7 hare
Damn near anything from that era would be sick on these haha
If done right.

Seems the Nike creative design crew really whiffed in translating the Bordeaux 7's to these.

I'm pretty sure your average sneaker enthusiast with any type of creativity and Photoshop proficiency could've captured the essence much better.

1687996348888.png

1687996886815.png

1687996401581.png
Try some more Huarache Run colorways.

hyper pink-royal blue
resins

I think simplicity works best with this silhouette. I tried a couple mocks with a colored outsole and/or midsole and toecap, but the OG colorblocking is undefeated. Can probably swap any two colors in there and it'll be dope. Ultramarine huarache light would be fire too but it's a little harder for me to try and photoshop from the black base kobe pair to make those.

Also these are all nike's colorways in some way shape or form so don't give me credit for "creating" them lol

1688005865473.png

1688006069819.png

1688006826500.png

1688007133208.png

I think simplicity works best with this silhouette. I tried a couple mocks with a colored outsole and/or midsole and toecap, but the OG colorblocking is undefeated. Can probably swap any two colors in there and it'll be dope. Ultramarine huarache light would be fire too but it's a little harder for me to try and photoshop from the black base kobe pair to make those.

Also these are all nike's colorways in some way shape or form so don't give me credit for "creating" them lol

1688005865473.png

1688006069819.png

1688006826500.png

1688007133208.png
Wow chlorophyll, ultra marine, and Knicks color is fire!! Even the navy and red Olympic colors, just needs hits of gold.. I’d cop all 4. Ultramarine is amazing tho! Damn if Nike only knew.

1688005865473.png

1688006069819.png

1688006826500.png

1688007133208.png

Exactly what I was talking about. Simple colors, practically all wins. Virtually every two-color, white-based Huarache runner drop of the past two or so years would work spectacularly on the Flights. In some ways even better, because to me the black ankle “straps” make the colors pop even more by adding additional contrast.
Wake the F up, Nike.
And give me the Pips first, you fools :smh:

Prob won't have a minute to get to some more til next week but I'll drop em if I do

You work with PS.. judging its a no from the expertise comment but this post sounded like you're off friday and not back in office to mess with PS until next week :lol: I'm looking to shift careers and always wanted to mess with PS. Got close prepandemic when I got my job to put all that stuff on my work computer. I was planning on getting my skill up because I was making YT and had/have a sneaker page on IG but things got spooky and never got into it.

If done right.

Seems the Nike creative design crew really whiffed in translating the Bordeaux 7's to these.

I'm pretty sure your average sneaker enthusiast with any type of creativity and Photoshop proficiency could've captured the essence much better.
It really shouldn’t have been hard to do. Love the idea, horrible execution. A lady friend sent me a pic of em thinking I’d be interested. Sent her a pic back of Bordeaux 7s and said “not even close” lol

You work with PS.. judging its a no from the expertise comment but this post sounded like you're off friday and not back in office to mess with PS until next week :lol: I'm looking to shift careers and always wanted to mess with PS. Got close prepandemic when I got my job to put all that stuff on my work computer. I was planning on getting my skill up because I was making YT and had/have a sneaker page on IG but things got spooky and never got into it.
Nahhh I work a regular office job, but I do a lot of photography for fun (and sometimes money) as well. The way that I know PS is a little more geared toward photo retouching and enhancing rather than like, full manipulation and creation. I took some photo classes in HS and college so that's where it started for me. I've been using it for over a decade and there's so much I know, but honestly so much I don't. But thankfully there are a million tutorials and walkthroughs online.

I do most of my NTing on the clock, like right now, but you right about the hybrid and off friday hahaha. I say next week for more mock ups b/c on non-work days, I usually try to avoid my computer. Don't mind sitting down on it after work but when I have a day where I don't need to sit at my desk, I try to avoid it.

Nahhh I work a regular office job, but I do a lot of photography for fun (and sometimes money) as well. The way that I know PS is a little more geared toward photo retouching and enhancing rather than like, full manipulation and creation. I took some photo classes in HS and college so that's where it started for me. I've been using it for over a decade and there's so much I know, but honestly so much I don't. But thankfully there are a million tutorials and walkthroughs online.

I do most of my NTing on the clock, like right now, but you right about the hybrid and off friday hahaha. I say next week for more mock ups b/c on non-work days, I usually try to avoid my computer. Don't mind sitting down on it after work but when I have a day where I don't need to sit at my desk, I try to avoid it.

Wow.. from what I know you are a smidge younger than me but in the same era and you really be moving with a lot of intent. Some of the things you are doing are really healthy for the digital era we keep climbing and getting older as you transition to family etc. Basically discipline lol. I'm into arts and that's where my curiosity takes me.. pandemic killed some of my momentum.

Doing anything other than work while on the clock is the best haha, I do all my YouTube and ig posts while on the clock and NT as well.

Back
Top Bottom