"Nike air Flight Huarache" Still hoping, praying, and waiting for these to return. This year or n

*Sigh* They’re okay. The shape is better but sadly the leather is a step down from the last release. Was hoping it would be at least the same leather or better but it’s not. Feels kinda hard and synthetic unlike the last retro. Also the purple is off by a mile even in person and the blue neoprene bootie is too prominent/takes up too much space in the side cut out which hides most of the purple neoprene that’s supposed to be more visible and exposed from the side. Best thing about these is the slightly improved shape. That’s about it. Other than that they honestly left some things to be desired but should still make for a good back up to my 2014 pair. May still double up but only on deep discount. More excited for the OG black/blue saigon and Kobe pair now which should come out nice.
2DC61AAF-C017-4D8E-9A1A-21B9A8890399.jpeg
295E9B87-D6B8-438E-8580-3A4A105C048C.jpeg
2AFAA155-C8C9-49F5-B495-69FDCE71166E.jpeg
02A7DFD6-BD32-4939-A021-32713BCFB3FE.jpeg

wasnt the last retro labled premium? 🤣 worst premium ever at 110 who were they foolin?
Yep and honestly the leather WAS premium compared to the leather on this new pair so they actually may have been on to something back then (2014). The shape of the shoe just sucked. Leather was good. Also the 2014 didn’t have the green Nike logo on the sole and the “AIR” was white instead of purple like the OGs. ‘23 pair has those details but now the leather sucks lol.

I came across this OG pair on the bay, and I must admit they are more purple than berry in color. I wonder if there were multiple production runs in different factories 🤔

IMG_9429.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep and honestly the leather WAS premium compared to the leather on this new pair so they actually may have been on to something back then (2014). The shape of the shoe just sucked. Leather was good. Also the 2014 didn’t have the green Nike logo on the sole and the “AIR” was white instead of purple like the OGs. ‘23 pair has those details but now the leather sucks lol.

They can barely ever get anything right. Where’s that assclown developer claiming they are 1:1 to the OG? 🤣

*Sigh* They’re okay. The shape is better but sadly the leather is a step down from the last release. Was hoping it would be at least the same leather or better but it’s not. Feels kinda hard and synthetic unlike the last retro. Also the purple is off by a mile even in person and the blue neoprene bootie is too prominent/takes up too much space in the side cut out which hides most of the purple neoprene that’s supposed to be more visible and exposed from the side. Best thing about these is the slightly improved shape. That’s about it. Other than that they honestly left some things to be desired but should still make for a good back up to my 2014 pair. May still double up but only on deep discount. More excited for the OG black/blue saigon and Kobe pair now which should come out nice.
2DC61AAF-C017-4D8E-9A1A-21B9A8890399.jpeg
295E9B87-D6B8-438E-8580-3A4A105C048C.jpeg
2AFAA155-C8C9-49F5-B495-69FDCE71166E.jpeg
02A7DFD6-BD32-4939-A021-32713BCFB3FE.jpeg

How's the sizing? In my normal size, I remember my feet feeling like they were swimming in boats in the 2014 release.

Last edited:
I’ll add that there’s much more padding inside the neoprene bootie on this new version which is good. Feels plush.

What I need to know is how does the cushioning feel? I hoping these aren't brick like the last retro.

Some sizes here...but not my 12, 12.5...rly hope this isn't like the Penny 1 Orlandos

Some sizes here...but not my 12, 12.5...rly hope this isn't like the Penny 1 Orlandos

Man have a feeling our size is gonna be tough

Any Bo Jackson, Griffey, Pippen, Penny, Deion, J-Kidd, GP or any other Nike Sportswear shoe in an OG colorway, comes off as a struggle initially because of the selective merchants, the randomness of the drops and a niche demand. The SNKRS drop will be an indicator of just how much of a ish show, or lack thereof, this release will be.

Last edited:
I love the regular Huarache runners that I have a new appreciation for other Huarache models and their inspirations. Been really thinking of getting these. Can anyone who has these provide insight on how these have been overall? I'm really curious about how tough (or easy) they are to put on and am curious if they fit tight like the regular ones. I go one full size up in my Huarache runners.

Last edited:
I love the regular Huarache runners that I have a new appreciation for other Huarache models and their inspirations. Been really thinking of getting these. Can anyone who has these provide insight on how these have been overall? I'm really curious about how tough (or easy) they are to put on and am curious if they fit tight like the regular ones. I go one full size up in my Huarache runners.
I got my regular size 9.5 and they are a little snug and definitely tough to put on. I got Huarache runners in a 10 and they are still pretty tight. I would say go up half a size in the flights unless you like that snug fit.

Back
Top Bottom