Nike Air Flight Lite II retro looks to be coming

Shoutout to this worker and their immaculate lacing job. :pimp: :emoji_clap:

My goodness what a beautiful shoe! I took these for granted when they originally released because we were so spoiled with amazing shoes then.

Dat shape!!!!! :pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp: And the lines, and the perfs, and the details.....so good.

I'm with you there. That was that era wear Nike insisted on putting random accent colors on damn near every shoe and it drove me nuts. It was impossible to find a simple black/white shoe without it having unnecessary splashes of purple or something on them. It made me insane back then, but I definitely appreciate them much more now.

I'm with you there. That was that era wear Nike insisted on putting random accent colors on damn near every shoe and it drove me nuts. It was impossible to find a simple black/white shoe without it having unnecessary splashes of purple or something on them. It made me insane back then, but I definitely appreciate them much more now.

Back then is when I was only allowed to get 1, maybe 2 pairs of shoes a year max...if I was lucky.

Because of that I always just wanted black/white or white/black sneakers for the most part because they went with everything.

However I did love the crazy random colorways back then. If was ballin back then I def would have bought some....but, because of limitations only stuck to the simple colorways. :lol:

Back then is when I was only allowed to get 1, maybe 2 pairs of shoes a year max...if I was lucky.

Because of that I always just wanted black/white or white/black sneakers for the most part because they went with everything.

However I did love the crazy random colorways back then. If was ballin back then I def would have bought some....but, because of limitations only stuck to the simple colorways. :lol:

What you said is EXACTLY why it drove me crazy. Couldn't have crazy colors on everything. :lol:

What you said is EXACTLY why it drove me crazy. Couldn't have crazy colors on everything. :lol:
And that’s part of why my reaction to the launch colorway white/green/orange was, what in the flying EFF is that supposed to be? :lol:

I liked colors but what I liked was simplicity. Like when they dropped Bo Jacksons in all kinds of flavors in 2000 but the basic colorway ‘layout’ was still there. Just sub grey, yellow, blue, red, etc. That’s gold. Making them a rainbow, 5 colors on one shoe, basically making them a what the dunk etc. was too much.

I liked colors but what I liked was simplicity. Like when they dropped Bo Jacksons in all kinds of flavors in 2000 but the basic colorway ‘layout’ was still there. Just sub grey, yellow, blue, red, etc. That’s gold. Making them a rainbow, 5 colors on one shoe, basically making them a what the dunk etc. was too much.

Yep. That's why that black/white Trainer Max is still to this day one of my favorite shoes. It was one of the few higher end Nikes that didn't have a random extra color on them. Loved that shoe so much. Still salty about my OG pair. Went to my dad's to visit for a couple of weeks in the summer. Came back and they were gone. Asked my mom and she said "oh, your friend Trey came by and told me you'd said he could borrow a pair, so I just let him go upstairs and take a pair." Dude took my Bo's to basketball camp and dogged them. I was LIVID with my mom. Like wtf are you doing? :lol: :angry:

unds’d these today. Crease pretty easily compare to the black pair, cause the material. But def need to double up while prices are still reasonable. They might never retro again lol
IMG_5942.jpeg

Just felt different back then in the early 90s with the variety of colors. Gave me a chance to be fresh w/o looking like the next kid. I would still take a pair of the Peace Raids (correctly done) over the black and gray pair any day of the week, largely because they were a break from the norm. But I’d still take the blk/gray w/o hesitation. Hot Lava ATC IIs were wild for its time, not to mention the Cerise(?) Tech Challenge 4s. Simplicity is key a lot of the times, but you know NYC had a different vibe back in the late 80s, early 90s. Vibrant colors and patterns were in.

Last edited:
Just felt different back then in the early 90s with the variety of colors. Gave me a chance to be fresh w/o looking like the next kid. I would still take a pair of the Peace Raids (correctly done) over the black and gray pair any day of the week, largely because they were a break from the norm. But I’d still take the blk/gray w/o hesitation. Hot Lava ATC IIs were wild for its time, not to mention the Cerise(?) Tech Challenge 4s. Simplicity is key a lot of the times, but you know NYC had a different vibe back in the late 80s, early 90s. Vibrant colors and patterns were in.

The shoes you mentioned wwt a different deal though. The Hot Lava was the main color of the ATC2. The Peace Raid was wild, but that was it's design. Cerise ATC4 was similar. The thing I was talking about was how Nike would make a mostly simple white/black or black/white shoe, then just randomly put a big hit of royal blue on it for no reason. Like those Flight Lite highs up there randomly having purple on the outsole. The black/white Air Bound 91's come to mind too. Perfect black/white shoe, then just a random blob of royal blue on toe. Seemed like if you wanted a plain Nike at that point, you were stuck at the JC Penney budget level models. :lol:

Oh then I’m the black sheep here then :lol: I love the random hits.. that IS simplicity to me. But then again, some of y’all might be older than me. I was born in 85 so the early 90s-99 was a big part of my youth and I loved the color. Just didn’t need it to be over kill. According to what I’m reading, Auburn Bo Jacks would’ve been too much (using Trainer SC’s again :lol: ) but that slight use of color is what I liked on simpler models.

The shoes you mentioned wwt a different deal though. The Hot Lava was the main color of the ATC2. The Peace Raid was wild, but that was its design. Cerise ATC4 was similar. The thing I was talking about was how Nike would make a mostly simple white/black or black/white shoe, then just randomly put a big hit of royal blue on it for no reason. Like those Flight Lite highs up there randomly having purple on the outsole. The black/white Air Bound 91's come to mind too. Perfect black/white shoe, then just a random blob of royal blue on toe. Seemed like if you wanted a plain Nike at that point, you were stuck at the JC Penney budget level models. :lol:
Ok I gotcha now. Yeah to take a seemingly standard shoe and throw a random color on there is odd. But those highs I like for whatever reason. Would you put these in that category? These and the grays are the only ones I passed on. The yellow just throws everything off for me
IMG_1574.jpeg

Oh then I’m the black sheep here then :lol: I love the random hits.. that IS simplicity to me. But then again, some of y’all might be older than me. I was born in 85 so the early 90s-99 was a big part of my youth and I loved the color. Just didn’t need it to be over kill. According to what I’m reading, Auburn Bo Jacks would’ve been too much (using Trainer SC’s again :lol: ) but that slight use of color is what I liked on simpler models.
Alabama and UNC alum. I don’t refer to anything as Auburn or Duke lol……….Sometimes those random hits work, sometimes they don’t, to me at least.

The shoes you mentioned wwt a different deal though. The Hot Lava was the main color of the ATC2. The Peace Raid was wild, but that was it's design. Cerise ATC4 was similar. The thing I was talking about was how Nike would make a mostly simple white/black or black/white shoe, then just randomly put a big hit of royal blue on it for no reason. Like those Flight Lite highs up there randomly having purple on the outsole. The black/white Air Bound 91's come to mind too. Perfect black/white shoe, then just a random blob of royal blue on toe. Seemed like if you wanted a plain Nike at that point, you were stuck at the JC Penney budget level models. :lol:
I understand what you're talking about, it did seem like there were a small amount of just black-white shoes.

Only two pairs come to mind in the early 90s:

I had a pair of Air forces 5s black leather with white accents. Do you remember those?

And the OG Air Raids but they had grey in them.

I understand what you're talking about, it did seem like there were a small amount of just black-white shoes.

I had a pair of Air forces 5s black leather with white accents. Do you remember those?

Absolutely remember those Air Force 5's! One of my all time favorites. It was right after that where they started throwing the random hits of color on things. Flight line seems to be more guilty of it than any other. Grey was always fine with me. It was neutral and blended. It was when they would like randomly throw teal on them somewhere. :lol:

Ok I gotcha now. Yeah to take a seemingly standard shoe and throw a random color on there is odd. But those highs I like for whatever reason. Would you put these in that category? These and the grays are the only ones I passed on. The yellow just throws everything off for me
IMG_1574.jpeg

Yeah, that's a decent example. It was stuff like these pics. That black/white Solo Flight randomly had Persian Violet hits on the tongue and toe, and the black white Bound had royal hits on the tongue and toe. Random color hits that weren't actually part of the total color scheme.

Screenshot_20240526-125539.png
Screenshot_20240526-125519.png

Wow do we need retros of those solo flights and air bounds…i can’t even handle it those are so 🔥

We got a few colors of those Bounds, but for some reason they never did the Solos. I'd love to see them drop again. Seems like the Bounds did decent sales wise. At this point, I'd love to see ANY Solo Flights from 90-92 make a return.

Had two pairs of those black air bounds when I was a youngin. Mandatory triple up if they ever retro

Last retro wasn't bad, but had a couple of unnecessary changes. Changed the white Nike Air on the back to dark royal, and no splatter paint on the midsole. The white/black/red was pretty true minus the black splatter on the midsole.

These Air Force Vs? I just rewatched Cool As Ice, the vanilla ice movie, and he was wearing one black and one red on each foot. Looked sick. I would love for all the Air Force Vs to come back.
IMG_5957.jpeg
IMG_5958.jpeg

These Air Force Vs? I just rewatched Cool As Ice, the vanilla ice movie, and he was wearing one black and one red on each foot. Looked sick. I would love for all the Air Force Vs to come back.
IMG_5957.jpeg
IMG_5958.jpeg

I still don't understand why they haven't retroed these yet. I think they'd kill, but what do I know lol.

Back
Top Bottom